I'm PREGNANT! 5 wks to be exact! Anyone wanna be my buddy??

chubster I totally know how you feel about trying to conceal your smile. I have been noticeably happier at work. I love that I have something to look forward to and I just feel so greatful.

All this talk about midwives, maybe I should look into it. :)

Hi guys, congrats to you all!
Im very confused - got first BFP yesterday, let's hope it's right....I think that would make me about 5 weeks also but now what??
What do I do now?? Ring GP?? So confusing!!!! :flower:

Hi guys, congrats to you all!
Im very confused - got first BFP yesterday, let's hope it's right....I think that would make me about 5 weeks also but now what??
What do I do now?? Ring GP?? So confusing!!!! :flower:

When was the first day of your last period hun? Put that into a due date calculator and it will tell you how many weeks you are, and it'll also give you an estimated due date :D

Calculator here: https://www.justparents.co.uk/pregnancy/tools/due-date-calculator.html

Yes, ring your GP. I went for an appointment with mine, some places get you to ring the midwives direct, so check when you phone. They don't do much, just check your due date, give you info about diet/smoking/drinking etc then book you in for your first midwife appointment which is usually from 8-10 weeks :)

Congrats and all the best! :)

Hi ladies, can I join? Had a :bfp: yesterday which puts me at 4+1. :happydance:

This will be baby 3. DD is almost 2.5 and DS almost 1. Thought we'd try and get them in there quick! lol

Mad isn't it - the 2WW goes on forever!
The wait for the first scan takes forever!
The wait for the magic 12 week milestone takes forever!
The wait for quickening takes forever!
All that time we worry about every twinge or icky feeling. Why do we do it to ourselves? Stupid question! There's just not a smilie cute enough to sum it up

Hi Lilwasp! Congrats! :)

Haha, I know what you mean. I swear, this last week has been the slowest of my entire life, the 2ww is nothing compared to this!

Hey lilwasp and sailorgirl

Lilwasp I feel the same. I actually went on several due date calculators to see which one would give me the earliest due date!!! They only differed by about a day, but that's the one I used because I just want time to go QUICKLY!!

All this waiting and waiting and wishing time would pass ....the funny thing is that when our little beans are born it will go so fast and we'll wish could slow things down. I can't believe how quickly time has passed with my DS.

Hey Sailorgirl & Lilwasp!!!!

EMC said it perfectly about the time passing. I look at my son now (he's 6) and i think...Gosh, he used to be so little!!!! How did he get so big, so fast? LOL!

Lilwasp - I know, I just commented on another thread about it seeming like Im always waiting for something....BFP, bloodwork results, ultrasounds, exams...UGH!!! LOL!!!

It will all be worth it when we hold our adorable little babies in January!!!

hey congradulations on number 2. I just found out I was pregnant with number 4 last week! Yet even though I have already done this a few times before I am still freaked about every twinge.

If you're still looking for a buddy, I can use one too! :shrug:

I will be five weeks tomorrow. I am so excited. I really dont have any symptoms yet other then being extremely tired all the time!

Hi srrme and mommytobe!

Yes the tired all the time has been a tricky one for me. I feel like no matter how much sleep I get I could always use more. Although I am feeling pretty good aside from that so no complaints:)

mommy2be2012 - I feel you with the tired business....Im exhausted ALL the time...BLAH!

I did get my results back today. They were 5662. Not as high as they could have been but doctor doesn't seem concerned. I was a wreck today, crying all day. But my doc got on the phone and reassured me that everything was fine as far as he was concerned but if I wanted to have my levels checked again tomorrow just for peace of mind then he would be happy to do it. (Because Im leaving tomorrow afternoon for vacation and will be gone for 10 days - what a way to spend my vacation...worrying....UGH)
So I go back in the morning.
Hoping they're still going up. He said that he knows textbooks say that they should double every 48hrs but its not exact and the numbers fluctuate.
I know it should have made me feel better, but Im still going crazy about it.
Im not bleeding or cramping, so thats a good thing.
If Im in GA and I start to bleed or cramp real bad I'll just go to the ER. Hopefully I don't have to do that.
And Im praying when I go to the doc on May 31 I'll see my little bean's ticking heartbeat!!!

rnmommy I totally feel for you :hugs: I'm sure everthing is ok but I think you were right to make an appt tomorrow just so you don't spend your vacation worrying. I'm glad the doctor is positive and seems to think all is good. Tomorrow you will get that extra piece of mind and you will feel better. Hang in there!!!

You know, I just did some more research and I dont know why I have it my head that its supposed to double every 48hrs. UGH!!! I frustrate myself.

I found this online....

"Normal" Doubling Time

hCG levels

Doubling Time

Under 1200 mIU/ml - 31-72 hours

Between 1200 to 6000 mIU/ml - 72-96 hours

Over 6000 mIU/ml - more than 96 hours

So my results fell in perfectly!!!! I need to stop stressing!!!!! LOL!

YAYYYY Rnmommy!!! we all worry about stuff way too much! :)

Hi everyone btw! :hi: I'm 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant and this is my very first time. I'm very excited, very nervous and VERY emotional :cry:! I've been crying every day the past three days and I'm usually not a crier at all! :shrug: Anyone else feeling like their hormones are taking over their lives? Oh yeah, my face is breaking out like crazy too! :dohh: lol

I'd love, love, love some bump buddies! I've been feeling lonely since I moved over from the TTC forums. You all sound great! I'd love to be your buddy EMC. This is a fun thread!

Congrats to all the girls. I'm here for support and to talk if anyone needs it. :hugs:

Hi hopeful! Congrats on your BFP! I'm just a couple of days behind you, my first ever BFP too! :)

Don't even talk to me about the crying - my day isn't complete without at least 1 good cry over something really stupid :rofl:

I think I recognise your name from the TTC forums, how long were you trying hun? x

awww it's good to hear that I'm not the only one bawling for no reason! :dohh: thanks elhaym! wow yeah, we're just 2 days apart! :hugs:

dh and i were trying since august of last year, some months harder than other :haha: this is the first month that we had decided not to try anymore and just wait a while!!! no one wants to hear it but it's true, I got pregnant the moment I stopped stressing about it. It was such a shock!

How long were you trying elhaym? what other symptoms do you have? any appointment yet?

Similar time to me! :D I came off the pill at the start of September, so we got a BFP on our 8th cycle - we weren't full on TTC, more NTNP, though I was doing OPKs so I had an idea of when I was O'ing :blush: I'd given up on it happening too, wasn't really thinking about it much during the 2ww then odd cramping and brown CM at 10/11 dpo - I was like, 'Hold on a second...' :haha: Waited for AF to show, no sign of her on the day she was due and I just knew, BFP at 15 DPO!

I've got EXTREME tiredness (wasn't too bad before but today it hit me, sat here at 9pm on a Friday night in my pyjamas!), frequent peeing, and crazy weepiness/PMS-like feelings! No sickness yet though. How about you? :D

Had my doctor's appointment but they don't do much here, see the midwife on 2nd June which is when things get going! It feels an age until my scan around 12 weeks, don't know how I can wait that long! Have you seen a doctor yet? x

Hello to all the wonderful new ladies!!!!!

How is everyone doing tonight?? Im just relaxing. Trying not to overanalyze every litte cramp or twinge. And I know better, too. Ive taken care of many girls in the ER that came in with bleeding in early pregnancy. And Ive preached to them that cramping and spotting is normal...blah blah....
But I still worry myself like crazy. Haha. Its terrible.

I go back tomorrow morning bright and early for more bloodwork. Thank goodness I've got great veins!!!

I used to be the one to draw all the blood from the pregnant women, and I have terrible veins! I sure do miss being a phlebotomist!

i am the same way. like if i dont eat i get nauseous but im just tired all the time. i'll wake up and like two hours later my eyes are heavy and im nodding off. :dohh: lol

Hi srrme and mommytobe!

Yes the tired all the time has been a tricky one for me. I feel like no matter how much sleep I get I could always use more. Although I am feeling pretty good aside from that so no complaints:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->