I'm really fed up

You mean, my life won't be the same? EVER? I thought I could just treat my LO like a dolly, to be put away when I was bored, and that I was going to not only bounce bak to where I was, but back to when I was 17?
I wish someone would have warned me......

Jeez, sometimes, people who state the obvious piss me right off.

LOL!

You mean, my life won't be the same? EVER? I thought I could just treat my LO like a dolly, to be put away when I was bored, and that I was going to not only bounce bak to where I was, but back to when I was 17?
I wish someone would have warned me......

You can babe....that's what the cupboard under the stairs is for:dohh::rofl:

I have had terrible post-natal depression and I hate it but somehow have always got through it....with lots of help and support.

When I said I was pregnant this time my nanna (who I've always been really close to) said that I must be mad and it wasn't worth ruining my life for:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:WTF is that all about?:cry:

I've barely seen her since as she's probably forgotten about her nasty comment but I find it really upsetting still:cry:

Aww Hervz, that's terrible.

On a similar but different note, I seem to have got back in my MIL's bad books by not going to the other side of the country to visit SIL and her new baby with hubby last weekend. Despite hubby explaining that I had the final exam of my degree on Monday and needed to spend the weekend revising she got pissed off!

I'm sorry, but I can see the new baby in a few weeks, I could only take my exam once and my whole degree depends on passing it :hissy:

It's actually really upset me that she shows so little regard for what is important in my life. I understand that she and my SIL may be offended that I didn't drop everything to visit, but I think I'm equally entitled to be upset by her attitude.

Aww Hervz, that's terrible.

On a similar but different note, I seem to have got back in my MIL's bad books by not going to the other side of the country to visit SIL and her new baby with hubby last weekend. Despite hubby explaining that I had the final exam of my degree on Monday and needed to spend the weekend revising she got pissed off!

I'm sorry, but I can see the new baby in a few weeks, I could only take my exam once and my whole degree depends on passing it :hissy:

It's actually really upset me that she shows so little regard for what is important in my life. I understand that she and my SIL may be offended that I didn't drop everything to visit, but I think I'm equally entitled to be upset by her attitude.

I don't think the baby will have noticed :baby:

Hevz, sorry to hear your nanna upset you - it's worse when it's someone you like that says something like that. I liked the person that told me maybe I shouldnt have a baby- before she said that. Now I have a problem with her. She also told me I would have to be 'more conventional' and I didn't understand as my set up is fairly conventional (ie, married, live in a house blahblah) but it dawned on me she meant that I would have to radically change my personality as I obviously don't match her ideal mother principle.

I told her that was toss.

Beancounter....what is ideal anyway????

:wacko::headspin::loopy::wohoo:

:ignore:her. As long as baby is loved, safe, clean and fed....that's more than enough me thinks. Lets face it, I'm sure there are a lot of kids out there who don't even have those luxuries:cry:

Beancounter....what is ideal anyway????

:wacko::headspin::loopy::wohoo:

ME.
i'm super AWESOMEST mama material!

apart from the time I told my nievce her snuggle blanket had gonhorrea, maybe.

And let her watch team America. But she was at least 10 by then.

why do some of them say "do you know what your letting yourself in for?" like do they want you to change your mind there and then and pop off for an abortion? why say that? its not like anyone is stupid enough not to kow what happens when you get pregnant and after it!

Guess we've all experienced this...in fact, I've gotten it so much lately (I guess because you can actually SEE that I'm pregnant now) that for a few days there, I wondered if I could run for the hills, RIGHT NOW! But, then I got a grip on myself and here I am :) I'm also amazed at how many people are willing to only impart the "bad" news. As if there isn't anything AT ALL good about having a child--and the labor stories. Ugh. Don't get me started. That's the main reason I wanted a couples shower (men and women) so that the girls wouldn't dominate the conversation by sharing their disgusting, horrible birth stories like all the other baby showers I've been to in the last few years!!! The poor expectant mom always looks like she's going to hurl afterwards.

why do some of them say "do you know what your letting yourself in for?" like do they want you to change your mind there and then and pop off for an abortion? why say that? its not like anyone is stupid enough not to kow what happens when you get pregnant and after it!

Well, to be fair, there are a fair few teenagers who don't take precautions and think it will be all cute cheeks, talc powder and government benefits...

But I agree that no one should be telling adult women in stable relationships that they are making a terrible mistake by starting a family!

I agree there shifter if they are teens and havnt a notion what they really are letting them selves in for and appear on shows like maury nursing plastic babies or someone elses for a week to teach them a lesson but i am 26 and worked years looking after peoples every needs in homes for children right up to old age. Its what I liked doing and know what i am in for. I have a big house, stable relationship, money and an sensible. So no they should not be telling me what i am in for. Its not like its interupting my life i didnt go out and drink like a fish before this and have a social life its actually a god send!

now i cant wait for my screaming baby to come along who will keep me awake at night and make me proud so many times. :)

i felt like this yesterday, just ignore them hun they have nothing better to do! xx

I agree there shifter if they are teens and havnt a notion what they really are letting them selves in for and appear on shows like maury nursing plastic babies or someone elses for a week to teach them a lesson but i am 26 and worked years looking after peoples every needs in homes for children right up to old age. Its what I liked doing and know what i am in for. I have a big house, stable relationship, money and an sensible. So no they should not be telling me what i am in for. Its not like its interupting my life i didnt go out and drink like a fish before this and have a social life its actually a god send!

now i cant wait for my screaming baby to come along who will keep me awake at night and make me proud so many times. :)

LOL! Too right hun. Although, I should confess that my hubby may have had moments where he thought I was being one of those people. I'm all too aware that our lives are going to change. It's not like we're party animals by any stretch of the imagination, but I have had to persuade him quite a lot that there will be a lot of things we just won't have time for any more. I like to think I've handled those conversations well though, rather than lecturing him or coming at him with horrible one liners like "Just you wait..."!

do you think we will forget about this thread in a fwe years and say "just you wait" to a pregnant women? lol I dont think i will, maybe its this generation of pregnant women that wont do it, maybe we will have sometihng else to say like "awwww" and thats it. lol aww is so much more safer though.

I got a whole lot of 'just you wait...' with my first, but happily have avoided most people during this pregnancy thus far! I'd like to think I wouldn't relate horror stories to other pregnant women in the future... if people ask me then I will tell them my experiences with pregnancy, birth and taking care of a tiny baby, but I never just step up and say, 'oh, it WILL be like this!' because that is just daft. No two kids are alike; I was told there would be endless nights of no sleep at all etc, but I found Jonah to be a very quiet baby. Apart from eating and changing times, he pretty much slept the first week! Even after that, he would wake long enough to eat and have a change, then sleep another 3 - 4 hours. Does this mean I expect Bean to be the same? Heck no! I don't put much stock in what other people tell me my children 'will' be like... I prefer to wait and see for myself and stick the horror stories in the 'fiction' section where they belong.

Totally agree with this. It does my head in! Sometimes I wish people would just butt out. (I'm extremely ill tempered atm :D) x

I got so many of the 'are you mad?' comments when I announced I was pg with Charlie. Loads of the 'I'd never go through it all again at my age' ones as well! Ffs, I'm 38, not 58! I had Kayleigh relatively young, so can still have more kids now at my age.

Now I'm pg again, so many people feel the need to tell me how I'll find it so much harder now I'm older! Yep, the pregnancy will be harder, but that's a few months of tough work, for a lifetime.

Stuff 'em. My life, my choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->