I'm so excited!

BabiesOneDay

Reaction score
We aren't sure if we're going to move sooner or not, but my bff and I have decided on a long term plan to go into business together. I know this isn't wedding-related but I'd like the opinions from people who aren't geographically close to me. We haven't told many people yet. I'm working on my last year toward my bachelor's degree. Future hubby is in law school til May 2013. So... the business venture.. we're going to be Private Investigators. It's taken A LOT of work, but I've maintained contact with a very prominent local PI here and he's been helping me work toward our goals. The business aspects are pretty much worked out aside from deciding where we want to market (North or South Carolina). At this point, I have to get myself and my resume out there to PI agencies and pray someone wants to hire me for little to nothing to gain the experience required of me to get my license. Once I have a license, the bff can work under me to get the training to obtain hers. I'm beyond thrilled and have one question for all of you to kick off this adventure... two fairly young (26 and 32) gals starting our own PI firm in the next couple years... what's a good name for this business? Ideas please!!!

Is that not best friends or something....I am crap at thinking of names I'm afraid but good on you doing what you want to do...sounds exciting x

Oh yes, bff=best friend forever lol. Sometimes I forget our slang is so different from each others. So, she's my best friend and has been for a loooong time.

Does it have to be something linked to 'private investigators' ? Do you want it to sound professional, or fun?

I work in marketing & advertising and have some experience in this area..

I would personally suggest - especially as you are both young women, that you would be better off choosing name that is more professional, and less fun - leave out the wit and keep it straight up & down - your company name needs to say everything about what you do and give your potential customers the feeling of reassurance that you are capable, competent and discrete - and of course professional.

I would suggest having a good hunt through a dictionary and a thesaurus and writing down all of the words that pop out that have something to do with PI work, and have the right level of professionalism to them.

Look for words that are along the lines of investigation or research.. for starters :)

I'd definitely have 'Private Investigators' in full following whatever you choose.

Finally, if you can't think of anything, there's nothing wrong in using your surnames - eg.

Bond&Mason Private Investigators

;)

Good Luck with your new venture!

Tx

Lol those are some good tips Timid. I will pass them along to her. I'm so anxious to get to work on a business plan etc.. I figured a name is the first task at hand :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->