I'm soooo glad I stopped using those yucky jars!

I make her a little seperate one :blush:

I use baby cheese sauce, and stuff to make hers easier to make! :rofl:

that's a good idea....of course Hannah goes to bed at night before we eat :rofl: But I do try to steam veggies for her so she has those plus a jar or some of my home made stuff :)

lucky you. A couple of weeks ago my LO decided Mums cooking was rubbish... :-( He goes through phases..

:cry:we don't eat anything that she could eat, she has to have jars, i get in with her from work at six and she's in bed at 7.30, i see her for an hour and a half. i'm not spending that time cooking separate meals for me and the child minder to feed her, i want to cuddle and play with her, bath her, read to her... if i had the luxury of staying at home i would make her fresh food. now i feel really guilty.:cry:

:cry:we don't eat anything that she could eat, she has to have jars, i get in with her from work at six and she's in bed at 7.30, i see her for an hour and a half. i'm not spending that time cooking separate meals for me and the child minder to feed her, i want to cuddle and play with her, bath her, read to her... if i had the luxury of staying at home i would make her fresh food. now i feel really guilty.:cry:
Don't feel guilty, everyone has their opinions. It's like this thread made me feel bad for giving Bethanie jars - but then I think who gives a shit what someone else thinks of me? Look at the jarred foods (Hipp/Cow & Gate) - they're all natural ingredients, no added extras so I don't think theres much to worry about. Im a bit like you, we live with oh's family and don't have freezer/cupboard space, thats why I bought mainly jars. Im sure as she gets older you'll all eat together. :)

sorry toria but your title is going to offend EVERYBODY on here who feeds their baby from a jar.

jars are fine. they wouldnt sell them if they werent.

i'm another that uses jars so far, hes been trying loads of different flavours though-i dont keep giving the same flavour or anything. he has fruit purees and yoghurt too, oh and a bit of reduced sugar rusk with some milk all mushed up! hes loved everything apart from the rice so far!

keely.

She had jars! I'm only saying yucky because they taste gross to me!

God.. :dohh:

I had always fed Colton from jars.. and I didn't take offense to it. :shrug:
Honestly, Colton liked what he liked.. I cannot change that? Why should I be upset about it? When we moved him to our food, he wouldn't eat! He hated it and it took awhile before he would eat :dohh: silly boy!

Yeah I gave courtney jars to begin with to get her used to different tastes etc... but now its always fresh.... and it smells much much better :):) courtney is quite sick on the jars too!!

i literally dont have time in the day to make fresh food.

these days ive hardly even been posting on here because i run around like a loony from 6am to 9pm.

We used fresh with dd, not becasue theres anything wrong with jars - I just couldn't afford them!!!! Will do the same with ds.

Wooo go caitlyn!!
I found jars yuky to , gave them to wean so i knew what she liked but that lasted a few weeks , couldnt wait to get her off them! I tasted one and it nearly made me sick :rofl:

Pain is now everytime you eat you have beady eyes watching you wanting some !! :lol:

And I end up giving her some too :blush: She still doesn't seem to be putting on weight.. :rofl:

And I end up giving her some too :blush: She still doesn't seem to be putting on weight.. :rofl:

Me too :blush: She has her dinner and then still wants mine!! Little chunker!

Saying that ella doesnt seem to of put any wieght on iether! May be because they are quite active so it doesnt store up as podge anymore!

Yeaaaah! Oh well, she wouldn't eat it if she didn't want it!

I never took offense to the title of this thread Toria......i think they are yucky (they smell to me) but Maley likes them....however once she has tasted a few different flavours we are going to introduce our food....they are expensive

I use jars at least half of the time with Hannah and I wasn't offended in the least by this thread. (IMO the jars do smell yucky and I wouldn't touch them but do I think they are bad for Hannah no of course not, if I thought that I wouldn't use them). It's not even that I don't have time to make fresh I do we simply don't have the storage space in our freezer and I'm not cooking 2 meals a night :lol: Don't think Toria meant to offend anyone who does use jars...I didn't see it that way at least

I would offend myself then because I haven't long stopped using them... :rofl:

The title doesn't offend me either. Gees, some of that food is yucky. I bought Chase one with potato, broccoli and cheese and it was nasty. The fruit ones are good. :)

But, I feed Chase baby food from the jars. I honestly don't have time to cook for my other kids, and my OH and then baby. In a month or two though, before he gets on the 8 month jar food and after I've tried him on texturized bitty food, I will stop using the baby jars. My other kids never liked them beyond that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->