In light of all the false positives on here lately check this out

laila 44

Reaction score
So let me start by saying hubby has a vasectomy and it's been 9 months. Had a frer lying around and decided to take it now. This is after 3 mins. Clearly a line, pink in person. Af due in 2 days and it just wouldn't be possible so I'm thinking frers gone crazy! Just thought I'd share....

It just wouldn't make any sense... *sigh

Vasectomy's aren't 100%..... Just saying :winkwink: But yes, FRER don't seem all that reliable anymore :dohh:

That's pretty convincing if it's dodgy!!!! Test again x

I showed Dh and his face went stark white. He never sees lines on any of my tests even in early pregnancy lol. This however he sees clearly and is very freaked out. I on the other hand really feel like it may just be a dodgy test. Honestly I'd have to be the unluckiest person ever.... really not worried X

Agreed that's a pretty convincing line. Vasectomy or not I'd retest on another brand. Definitely curious

I'd retest to be sure. That's darker than the evaps I've gotten in those lately

So crazy. I never got an evap with frer, makes me question the validity of the brand. Oh well. Im getting af tomorrow so no point in retesting now. If hubby hadn't gotten the snip I'd be outright panicking, but I'm really really not worried and know that that test was a dud. If i were ttc though that would have crushed me for sure!

Out of curiosity, was the test in date still? I post on another thread in ttc and a lady there had the most convincing pink line on a test which I think was out of date, but still it was nuts how clear it was.
FRER used to be so reliable, it was only the other day I was saying I rate them as probably the most reliable test out there but after having the weird lines I saw yesterday I have to agree with you, which makes me angry because you are quite right - anyone ttc and seeing a pink line would assume they were pregnant. Some may go right to their GP and if they are anything like mine they won't bother doing their own test first, instead referring immediately to the midwife!
Perhaps those of us who have had tests like this from them should send photos and tell them to sort their tests out!
Obviously if you don't want any more children I hope his is definitely a false line, I guess you will know for sure tomorrow, although it would be unlikely to be a genuine positive after a vasectomy, isn't impossible, but highly unlikely

That line would break a heart if the person was ttc and af came. Not good frer's!, get it together!!

^absolutely! I emailed them about mine...

I'm thinking it must have been expired! I couldn't find the box but I've had it for a long time for sure. I have emailed the company rep telling them a line like that is un acceptable and she emailed back saying that's a positive! I had to insist it isn't possible and just wanted to bring to their attention because that can give someone some serious false hope. I have taken old ass frers in the past and never got a line so I'm really thinking their brand is loosing their validity. For me anyway...

That line certainly is a bugger Laila!! Would be gutted to get that and it come to nothing if I were still testing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->