In Total Shock...

That's it.. I am moving to Canada lol! The United States is awful when it comes to maternity leave. If I am not mistaken I think we have the shortest leave of any other country. We moved to Texas from Arkansas so I had to leave my old job. I have my degree in Business so I have been trying to think of a little side business I could start up on my own, just not sure what I would be good at....

That's it.. I am moving to Canada lol! The United States is awful when it comes to maternity leave. If I am not mistaken I think we have the shortest leave of any other country. We moved to Texas from Arkansas so I had to leave my old job. I have my degree in Business so I have been trying to think of a little side business I could start up on my own, just not sure what I would be good at....

Its so crazy that it can be so different!

Get researching and brainstorming :)

Thank you kirbyland! :)

Kismat - I started buying them around 16 weeks with my son. I had some bigger jeans from when I was heavier in the past so I transitioned into those before having to buy any maternity pants. If you are already getting uncomfortable you can get some larger pants or just get some maternity ones. I loved the maternity dress pants for work they were so comfy. I am not sure what you have to wear at work but Old Navy has good jeans too.

Thanks so much!! Yeh what i'm going to do is my project for tomorrow is go through all my clothes and see what fits me decent, maybe say i can get by for another month, make piles of clothes, to give away, keep and i can fit into after birth. Then if need be, which is pretty likely go shopping on sunday!!! Business casual at my work except for friday, which is casual. right now the weather is sooo nice, that i'm getting by wearing my dresses. i think mostly it's just tops i have to get and maybe a few pairs of pants.

Gosh...I couldn't imagine going back to work that soon! We are lucky to have a year maternity leave in the UK (not full pay mind you). I'm planning on taking about 9 months off when my twins come and then go back hopefully 2 days a week.

Congratulations on your twins!!!! Wish we had a year here, that would be awesome!!

3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow....I couldnt imagine. That seems so short. In Canada we are covered for one year by the government and then on top of that depending on the company you work for or your boss you may have benefits that pay out for 6 months to a year.

As for at home jobs...if juggling your own babes isnt too much, what about a before or after school program or baby sitting service.

Or something classic like Avon or Mary Kay...there are so many options these days for side businesses, many now not make up!

Could any of your past careers transfer to an in home situation? Or tutoring!

Wow that's awesome, i'm moving as well lol...

those are great ideas for work at home. i'm sure we'll think of something.

I thought about watching kids but I think my three will be plenty lol. I will already have my hands full

Yes we are thrilled to be having twins! We aren't sure how they came to be...the sonographer thinks they are 2 eggs so personally think it was the Vitex I was taking 1200mg a day of that caused hyperovulation the month we conceived. I have identical twin cousins on my dad's side and there are 4 more sets of twins going back along the family line on my dad's side but spread quite wide (my grandfather's sister had non-identical twins) so there could be something there.

My maternal line certainly doesn't carry any from the last 4 generations that we know about and all the books say it's carried on the mother line except for identicals which are either flukes or there's some suggestion that it's an enzyme in the father's sperm that causes the egg to split. It's all very interesting but I'm going with VITEX as the cause! After 7 months trying and ovulating CD23 with a short luteal phase, it worked for me the first month taking it, bringing ovulation forward to CD17 and finally got my eggo(s) preggo!xx

Congrats katie! So exciting!! I took the fertility drugs with my first two pregnancies and was shocked we didn't end up with twins lol. I have never heard of VITEX, what is it?

It's a natural herb...chasteberry capsules. Got it from Holland & Barratt (famous health food store here in UK) but read about it on here and https://natural-fertility-info.com/vitex

I am just getting used to this whole mood swing business. i felt it starting last week. oh man is it getting there. i'm at work and all i feel like doing is crying. i don't know why but everyone around me is just getting to me, and they aren't doing anything. i feel like just staying in my office and shutting the door. never like me. i know it's all the hormones and all the changes happening. and i'm extra tired today, i know it's my own fault, we did a bit too much yesterday so i know i'm tired because of that. anyone else feeling the moodiness...

What do you do at your job? I used to work in an office and it was mostly women although my boss was a man. Both times I was pregnant for some reason, they all got on my nerves lol and like you said they weren't doing anything. Sometimes we just feel like being left alone lol. I totally understand where you are coming from :)

What do you do at your job? I used to work in an office and it was mostly women although my boss was a man. Both times I was pregnant for some reason, they all got on my nerves lol and like you said they weren't doing anything. Sometimes we just feel like being left alone lol. I totally understand where you are coming from :)

Yeh i work in an office as well. yeh that's what it was i really just needed to be left alone. i was fine in the evening when i was with my hubby, we went for the nicest walk after dinner. weather was absolutely perfect. i know that i need my space and when i feel it i just go get in a personal space...

This is the first pregnancy I haven't had a job during so it seems weird to me lol but I definitely have my hands full at home. A walk sounds amazing, I wish my husband would do that with me lol. He works really long hours so he usually comes home and is ready for bed. I will be glad when his schedule slows down some

This is the first pregnancy I haven't had a job during so it seems weird to me lol but I definitely have my hands full at home. A walk sounds amazing, I wish my husband would do that with me lol. He works really long hours so he usually comes home and is ready for bed. I will be glad when his schedule slows down some

Awww yeh that would be great for you guys!!! Walks are always wonders and actually we can talk without my in laws around. My in laws live with us, so that says it all. but it's ok, some days are better than others.

so i started looking at amazon.com for baby registry yesterday. soooo many things to put on there. any suggestions of any necessities from you?

Sure, I can help with that :) Most people will buy diapers and wipes but I always put it on my registry especially if you like a certain kind. Huggies always were my favorite. On my registry I had outfits and sleepers (In my case I got more 0-3 than newborn) My kids were fairly big so we went through newborn clothes super fast! I asked for wash cloths, burp rags, crib sheets, blankets, pacifiers (which I never used because neither kid took one lol), bibs, diaper bag, baby shampoo and body wash, lotion, diaper rash cream, baby nail clippers, thermometer, gas drops, and monitors. That was about all I had on mine as far as little things. I did ask for a few bottles although I breastfed both times but I still needed them when I was away from the baby.

Some of the bigger things i had on mine were car seat, stroller, and changing table because my mom and dad told me they wanted to buy the big stuff. I mainly just put it on there to give them an idea of what we wanted. We bought the crib and most of the clothes. I also bought my breast pump and storage bags. I just felt weird putting that on my registry lol although some people may do it, I'm not sure?

The things I got alot of that I never used all of were burp rags, wash cloths and bibs lol. I had 30 of each I swear! And someone got me a diaper genie and I didn't like it because once it got full and had to be taken out it was just disgusting. We normally just put ours in a walmart sack and take it straight to the trash outside lol.

Oh and I forgot to add the other big thing we got was the pack n play. Now those are handy! I got that with my first baby and my daughter uses it now lol even though it's for a boy, oh well. Now with her I bought one of these and I absolutely loved it! She slept in this next to me in my room until about 3 months old....

https://www.target.com/p/fisher-pri...270123&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=13270123

By the way, Target has awesome baby stuff! That's where we got almost all of our stuff!

Oh and I forgot to add the other big thing we got was the pack n play. Now those are handy! I got that with my first baby and my daughter uses it now lol even though it's for a boy, oh well. Now with her I bought one of these and I absolutely loved it! She slept in this next to me in my room until about 3 months old....

https://www.target.com/p/fisher-pri...270123&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=13270123

By the way, Target has awesome baby stuff! That's where we got almost all of our stuff!

Thanks sooo much for the tips!! Yes i have put pretty much everything you listed on the registry. Since the baby will be born in the winter i put long sleeve onesies...i'm thinking once we find out the gender we will start clothes shopping. especially if i can find cheaper winter clothes!! At first its sooo overwhelming, but not so bad now.

I put the diaper genie on my registry. But i'm thinking we won't let it get sooo full. a few of our other family members have it and love it. so we will see...diaper rash cream is a great idea!!! thanks for that one

i found out yesterday as well that i only get 2 months maternity leave, i thought it was 3. so i am soooooo disappointed. but in a week and half when i tell everyone at work i'm also going to see if they can accomodate me with a diff. schedule. i just can't see myself leaving my baby at 2 months. so my hubby is going to ask to work from home for 2 days and then i will try for a 4 day work week, and 1 day from home. see if that works, if not then i'm going to cut it to 3 days. see if the 4 days will work 1st.

I put my son in daycare at 8 weeks and went back to work full time. It was really hard on me. I was still trying to pump and breastfeed and I ended up quitting the breastfeeding when he was 3.5 months old because I couldn't find time to pump at work with my hectic schedule. I was so disappointed.

I put my son in daycare at 8 weeks and went back to work full time. It was really hard on me. I was still trying to pump and breastfeed and I ended up quitting the breastfeeding when he was 3.5 months old because I couldn't find time to pump at work with my hectic schedule. I was so disappointed.

yeh i bet. i'm not sure how i will be with all of this new mom stuff, pumping, breastfeeding and all. atleast i can feed him/her for 2 months.

now here's a new mom ? can you pump a few bottle and put them in the fridge for feeing the next day? how does it work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->