Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Hi ladies!
Firstly huge congrats bluebell on your news! Fingers crossed your Beta HCG goes well.
Stacergirl ... I'm thinking nice thick plump lining thoughts for you ... hope you get your transfer this cycle.

And Pinkie, what can I say but I'm gutted that it didn't work out for you this time. You, like all the girls in this group, are being amazingly strong and I hope that your skype call goes well and that you can proceed quickly to another cycle.

AFM - my lovely husband has given me his cold :( and I've been massaging too much and now have really bad lower back pain. Off to see the chiropractor this afternoon in the hope that she'll be able to get me standing upright again! Have a very silly stooped pregnancy waddle at the moment. It would be comical if it didn't hurt so much. I'll probably have to stop massaging now as obviously my body is telling me to ease off! Ho hum!

Hope everyone else is OK?! xx

Oh no, I hope you feel better soon

BB remind me how many did you transfer? That's quite the number for a fist beta! So happy for you

I know! Now panicking it is too high! Why is this so stressful. I only transferred one. However, I am 13 days post 5 day tansfer as my clinic wanted me to wait a full 2 weeks from transfer rather than retrieval. So hopefully that is ok in that context??
Cool star, you said your beta was over 3000. Can you recall how many days post transfer that was?

Wow bluebell, what a number I think you've finally done it, congratulations! X

well that is true... it is many days after... I'm sure all is perfect!

Yay bluebell! Great number!! How many did you put back??

Beetle-hope your back feels better and your cold doesn't stick around too long!

Vonn-any news!?

Pinkie-how are you??

Well I went in for a scam today, my lining is 6.5 but he says I have 3 lines and he really likes the way it looks so we're moving forward with transfer on the 12th and otd will be the 24th! Eek! My dh is super excited, he's deployed right now but scheduled to come home in June. So I'm doing all this alone with a 2 year old and working full time. I have to remain on estrogen injections and start progesterone injections soon. Hope everything goes well! I'm sure I'll get nervous as we get closer. I guess I'm just nervous bc he's not here, it's easier when I have his support. But I've been doing a lot of this alone over the years so I should be fine! If you ladies have any suggestions I'm all ears as I really do appreciate your support!!

Stacer girl, that's fab news. It sounds as if you have your hands full so hopefully that will prove to be the distraction you need during the TWW. Are your embies already frozen or have they still to be fertilised?

Bluebell-thank you!! And don't stress about your number being too high! That's a good thing! Means you got a strong pregnancy! :)

Yay BB! :happydance: that's great news!

Stace girl - so happy to hear things are moving forward. Good luck!

Hi ladies, wowzers there's so mych excitement on this board right now. I'm super pumped for all the successes!
BB I wonder if it split and you have identicals or else it's that you've waited so long, as you say, to do the beta. Are you doing a second in 48 hours? That's a faiely good indicator of either twins or a really healthy baby trying hard to join this world. This is my favourite beta test analyzer: https://www.babymed.com/tools/hcg-calculator

Stacergirl roll on transfer date!

All the best to everyone else.

Hello Ladies :flow: This thread is moving & shaking again!! :happydance:

Bluebell - That's an AWESOME first beta!! Will you test again in 48 hrs?? I'm ecstatic for you!! Stick little bean stick!!

stacer - I had a 9.63 mm endo thickness 10 days before ET. I drank at least 8 oz of 100% pomegranate juice daily leading up to ET. I also walked as much as possible to get my blood flowing. You still have another week to thicken your uterine lining. Your UL will be just fine!! I know we can't take the place of your DH, but we're all here to support you. Wishing you all the best!! xoxo

Be careful/moderate with juice, it's super high sugar and with me would cause a huge inflammatory response. Light exercise it great for circulation as long as it's a regular thing for you...my fs told me not to start up a new regime right before transfer day but walking is great!
Here's some nhs studies about our immune responses/causes & prevention of inflammation and the correlated effects of hanging onto pregnancies: https://sites.google.com/site/misca...-system-and-miscarriage/reducing-inflammation

Bluebell-my DE are frozen, basically you purchase 6. My dh sperm is frozen also. They will defrost tomorrow and give me fertilization report on Friday! So I'm just praying all goes well!! If we don't get a blast, then we get a whole new batch of eggs as the MEB guarantees a blast. My dr says sometimes they get 1 or 2, sometimes even 3 blasts so we may have some to freeze! I really hope we get at least 1 blast because I don't want to go back to picking another donor. This donor has been the only perfect match I've seen in the last year to what we want (I keep looking at their database just to reconfirm to myself we picked the best one! Lol). It's a bit pricey though but probably much cheaper than a fresh cycle using donor in the states. So my Fx!! My husband turns 40 this month and is adamant about not having a baby after 40, so if we had frozen I don't know what we would do. But I guess we can cross that bridge when and if it comes!

Fingers crossed for some perfect blasts to transfer then Stacer girl :thumbup: That's interesting you got to choose your donor from a data base. We were matched by the clinic and were given basic characteristics - height, weight ,eye colour, hair colour , hobbies and education level when we arrived. I was happy with what they told us though.

I have not been advised to do any more betas, just to arrange an ultrasound about 7 weeks. Trying to stay calm and positive ( easier said than done however ! )

Bluebell-we got baby photos of the donor who looked a lot like me when I was younger!! We also got medical history of her and her family. I don't know if she's proven but she does have 2 little boys of her own, so that sounds promising to me. They have the donor answer a bunch of questions about them as children, why they wanted to donate and other stuff so we get to actually read their responses. I feel like I actually know my donor personally even though I don't! I liked the database option because it gave me more control, and I like having as much control as possible!! :)

When is your ultrasound?? Try to stay busy!!

Just thinking about my sperm and eggs defrosting today and hoping they do well and fertilize appropriately! It's such an amazing process when you actually know the steps involved!!

You'll never believe what happened, my eggs are possibly contaminated due to lab issue that's never happened before and can't be used. We can use a local donor that they have eggs for onsite, or have to cancel and try again next cycle. Is this a sign??? This is the 3rd roadblock with DE.

Boopin - I'm so sorry to hear your news. almost the same thing happened to us ivf5 (DH sperm & donor egg), for 1 week I'd been the happiest ever, I was devastated. The next year was tough but remembering how happy I'd been kept me going.

I can't remember if it was you asking if we PGD our donor embryos - we didn't.

Beetle - massive congratulations on your idenitcal twin pregnancy. Mine are identical too.

I hope everyone else is well whatever stage of their journey.

AFM: My identical twin girls were born 6 weeks ago at 35w1d by section, a week earlier than planned as one twin only had 25% share of the placenta meaning from 34w her growth had slowed down. Olivia was 5lb4oz and Charlotte 4lb. No issues other than poor feeders & could't hold their body temps. We stayed in the special care baby unit with the girls for a week and a half, them in the room with us as all they needed was a heated matress and feeding tubes - rather than in the nicu proper.
Today Olivia is 7lb8oz and Charlotte 5lb14oz, every one is very happy with them. We are in love with our donor embryo babies from Serum. I've no doubt without double donation I'd not be sitting here with my girls, for us it was the best decision.

I never saw Pussycats birth story, would love to know how her girls are doing as we've probably only a week between them.
Hey Minxi, I'm just catching up on posts (got another 20 pages to go!) but came across this. My identical girls were born 15th Jan by c section at exactly 36 weeks, we were lucky and had no issues with Twin to twin transfusion and they were pretty evenly matched. Lily was 4lb 14 (now 11lb 7!) and Iris 4lb 9 (now 10lb 12), they are 12 weeks old tomorrow and I can't imagine life without them. The fact that they came me from donor eggs is completely irrelevant. Care at the hospital was second to none and my girls didn't need any special care. Hope all is going well for you, I'm sure you'll agree it's hard work but do worth it. xx

Hey ladies, so sorry for the lack of posts or communication, my girls just seem to steal time away! I've just tried to quickly read through 20+ pages! So much had happened / is happening and I can't comment on everything, however thinking of you all and rooting for you!
AFM we're doing well, girls are 12 weeks tomorrow and I can't believe how lucky we are. Until about 9 weeks they were the easiest babies, they're now developing their own personalities and so inquisitive it's hard to get them to sleep. Hard work but worth every minute!
Stick with it ladies, you never know when you're luck will change. xx

You'll never believe what happened, my eggs are possibly contaminated due to lab issue that's never happened before and can't be used. We can use a local donor that they have eggs for onsite, or have to cancel and try again next cycle. Is this a sign??? This is the 3rd roadblock with DE.

WTF???? Oh lord I would be livid!

So this local donor...can you at least see what she looks like? Seriously how crazy

You are definitely being tested my friend. The universe wants to know how serious you are about this... I mean good grief!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->