Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Vonn I asked here and was told this
"Clinical pregnancy rates in our program are the same with fresh and frozen eggs"
So I guess it has improved.

As far as two or one, here they advise against 2 at advanced age due to the fact that with the pre-screenings etc of donors the chances of twins when transferring 2 is very high and that creates all sorts of issues for the carrier and babies. Here is the verbiage I was given when I asked:

Attachments

• one egg.jpg
    one egg.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 16
Its amazing really how clinics give completely different advice, does make you wonder what is correct. I think the most important thing is to go with whatever you are comfortable with. For me, I wouldn't want the eggs frozen, they are too precious. Its not like sperm where they can produce a fresh sample every couple of days.

As for transferring I will definitely be going for two, if I am honest I would rather only be pregnant with one for all the obvious reasons but the only time I got pregnant was when I had two embryos transferred. I had one embryo on my last transfer and it was an out right bfn so I want to give myself the best possible chance. I am given a 60% chance with two and 40% chance with one. With this being my 6th cycle its a no brainer really. Its always a tough one and something I would speak to your clinic about and get their professional advice. And Vonn looks like we will be very close in transfers, exciting.

X

Hi ladies, so how many of us are cycling this month? Lots of us! Pinkie, you'll lead the pack with twins right!

DH gave me his blessing. He knows that there are double standards going on with how he behaves and what we need to do to get this family going. He knows I've been very patient with him over the years - too much so that it's greatly impacted my personal goals and aspirations (and sort of betrays our wants as a couple when we first met). I'm doing frozen embryo adoption. The clinic has some beautiful expanded blasts for me to transfer that match our profiles. I would never do one, the chances of success are too low for me and the financial & emotional costs of risking a failed cycle are too high. I don't have medical issues though so that puts me in a different way Vonn. I'm 5'9 and barely showed on my 32 week maternity photos. My sil had no idea I was even pregnant from the photos and I had to explain to her why ppl were congratulating us :haha: her post was this '???'. So I know 2 or even 3 could fit in there:haha: and I feel strong, I work out and we hike/ski/kayak/climb in the rockies for leisure. A short, small-framed, feather-like lady like my cuban gf would not handle twins well. So it's a very personal thing. It's extremely important to me to have my kids close in age too.

For us, paying for a nanny for 2-3 kids is almost as expensive as paying for daycare for MacKinley. A live-in nanny (we have a 5 bdrm house with another kitchen / fireplace and 2 of the bedrooms with full size windows in the basement) costs $1500-$2000/month. I think a nanny would be happy down there living rent free getting paid $1500-2000/month. My colleagues at work have the same nanny set up and are going to help me cross that bridge when the time comes. Daycare for MacKinley is $1350/mnth. So a live-in nanny could work really well. They typically make $1500-2000 working in a daycare here and have to pay rent/mortgage out if that so we should be able to get someone.

I got my scripts from the GP this morning. Celexane & progesterone injections, prednisone, estrogen and some oral progesterone to get the next cycle off to a predictable start. I'm excited and already know which Brno shops I want to visit :haha: they have a great outdoor gear shop in the old town and a lovely coffee house close to the Grand Hotel. The tricky part was getting all the travel connects from Canada to London gatwick, transport from there to London Stansted and same day flights to & from Brno. Whew! There were a bunch of cheap rogue 2 stop flights that I just had to scroll past. I can't do 2,3,4 layovers no matter how cheap they are on the way to Europe. It needs to be as bump free as possible this go round, especially since I'm travelling by myself:plane:

2have-I'm glad your dh have his blessing! And embryo adoption! How cool! Congrats for moving forward!

Vonn-I was pregnant with twins for 9 weeks and lost 1. I would've loved to have twins, as I probably wouldn't being here making this post if I did! I do have a friend who got pregnant with twins from ivf, they are now almost 2. She was on bedrest for the majority of her pregnancy. She says she wouldn't wish twins on anyone because it is very hard. However her and her husband both work but she was able to stay home the first year. I have 2 other friends with twins. They both say they're equally hard. I'm sure they are, babies are hard period, however I think for you're willing to be on bed rest, then in my opinion they would be worth it!! Of course it's your decision though. I would ask your doctor how serious being pregnant with twins would impact your health. Because health of you is equally important as the health of the babies!! Best luck!!

I always said If I did this DE thing I would go for 2 also LOL...The info is just what I was given a while back when I researched just to know. When I emailed with the people at Reprofit they seemed to think the 2 embryo option is better...so who knows.

2Have, you should get some Moldavite while in Brno as it should be cheaper there and God knows it is pricey here. A small piece here is $100 easy

Vonn, I opted to transfer one on medical grounds. I have high blood pressure and my father had a stroke at a young age so the risks for me with a twin pregnancy were too high. Reprofit were offering good success rates with single embryo transfers and we had good quality embies so I was happy to stick with one. :flower:

random question...and I know I may have asked before but....why do they have you on Birth control AND Lupron? Or did some of you not do that?

Thank you for all the thoughts on transferring 1 versus 2! It's so helpful to "hear" other people's thinking and decisions.

llbean--I don't know the answer to your question & it's a good one. I do know that I got AF this morning (3 days after last bcp pill), while doing daily Lupron injections. At a higher dose maybe Lupron would prevent AF, so cycles could be synced using it, at 5 units a day that does not happen. This is a total guess!

LL, I am always on bcp, its so they can sync your cycle with the donors. They need you to be on the same track so when EC is done, your lining is ready to take the ET. I always start the pill on day 2 of my cycle and then told when to take my prostap and last bcp to get AF. I will start building my lining on Monday and my donor will start her stims on Wed. It was pretty much the same when I had FET, its basically so they can take control of your cycles x

Pinkie no Lupron for you? That's why I wonder...BC and Lupron?

I use a prostap injection which is just a one off, I am sure it does pretty much the same as lupron and makes the ovaries go very quiet. x

Well, all this got me looking at my instructions from the nurse. Thank goodness because I have been taking the WRONG DOSE of Lupron for all 8 days!!:growlmad::dohh::nope::shrug:

I just had a total freak out. The dosage listed on the medication says 5 units, so that is what I have been taking. The instructions in my message portal says 10 units. I somehow didn't notice the difference & since I look at the medication every day, I just assumed the correct info was on the box. I called the nurse triage line at the clinic and the nurse seemed to think it would be okay. I just need to increase now to 10 units and may have to stay there a little longer, when usually people would taper down to 5 units. She didn't seem too worried, I HOPE that is the case & I haven't totally ruined my chances! WTF!!!!!!!!!!! I asked her why the rx says the wrong dose and she said the dosage changes & they just listed one of the dosage amounts I will likely take. I have learned my lesson...double check, triple check... UGH! :hissy:

LL, I thinks it because the bcp is what helps you sync with the donor and brings on your AF when needed and the lupron or in my case the prostap will shut down your ovaries and stop you from ovulating. That's my understanding of it anyway.

Vonn oh no what a nightmare but if they didn't seem too worried about it then I wouldn't panic, just pick up with the right dose and I am sure everything will continue as normal. You have your baseline scan soon so they will be able to see if everything is looking quiet in there. It will be fine x

Oh Vonn now I'm glad I asked! Sheesh! Yup that's Mercury retrograde for ya... Lord ladies check and double check everything until it goes direct on the 22 again... Vonn I'm sure you will be fine

Pinkie from what I am finding out I guess it depends on the Bc pill as well? And if your cycles are typically regular or not. The BC pills can already be the kind that make you not ovulate. That's why I thought it was interesting they would double stuff.

2have I’m good thanks still waiting for news, I’m so glad your DH has come round, fingers crossed for your twins this cycle :) I’d love to have twins

Pinkie fingers crossed for you too :)

Vonn I would speak to your doctor for advice, you may be better just putting one back if your health would be at risk with twins

Vonn it's good to hear you noticed the dose and the nurse helped you out.i've had mistakes too but it was a miscommunication with a coordinator when she told me to take Lupron, except she gorgot to say 'next month', so I had to take it twice:grr:

Reprofit syncs cycles with a one off Lupron hab with our fresh cycles. Usually they want you to do bcp for the length of time they need to sync cycles then you take Lupron which works by spurring your hormones into overdrive - all of them all at once. Then you basically flatline (hormones)and go completely quiet for the month. They then started me on estrogen to build my lining and several days before transfer, progesterone.

Serum didn't have me use Lupron with their cycle. I think they must have got the donor to take the pill and start cycling as soon as I told them when cd1 was. This was a much less predictable method because donor needed to stim longer than we thought. I was taking estrogen to build my lining still working with my natural cycle, it was stressful and expensive to buy airline tickets at the last minute. My FET with reprofit will be without Lupron or bcp because they're bringing on AF using northisterone to lime up with transfer day and then medicating my natural cycle with the transfer day on cd17-19.
Fx for healthy twins.

Anyone feel itchy on lupron / prostap?

Wow lots of exciting things happening on here, wishful everyone good luck!

It's a tricky decision between 1 and 2. I would have loved my son to have a sibling but being on my own most of the time and with my age I wouldn't be able to cope with 2 :(

I just had the injection and no bcp.

2 have I love that you are all sorted already! Are you going to be stopping at stanstead for any amount of time? I live about an hour away and if the timings worked I'd love to pop there for a coffee to meet you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->