Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Stacker I’m so sorry, I’d get a different test and try that you could have just had a false negative.

Vonn I’d wait to book your flights so you can get the best dates or book extra, I waited till my lining scan & got a transfer date.

Pinkie good luck with your cycle

Stace, I am sorry but don't lose hope until AF shows up.

Thanks ladies! I appreciate your encouraging words. I haven't tested again yet. Am thinking of waiting until the morning of my otd which is Tuesday. I'm trying to remain hopeful bc I did read one story of it turning out positive. So there's a little hope. I have no plans yet if it's negative. So we will see.

stacer - I'm keeping my fx'd so tightly for you that they're turning blue!! GL on Tuesday!! xx :dust: :dust: :dust:

Hi stacer, I'm sorry to hear the news. I've never had a + on clearblue unless 3 weeks out. Frer are much more sensitive! My fx that the test just wasn't sensitive enough at 10dp5dt. At 7dp5dt I only got a slight line on the frer, but it did pick it up because they're super sensitive.

How's everyone doing? MacKinley helped me vacuum this morning (baby wearing) and it's cd17 with absolutely no sign of O. She keeps me smiling despite not being able to ttc. I've contacted the clinic and asked how I'd sync up a cycle for June if I don't get AF. I thought we'd try but at this rate maybe I should take on debt and just go over for another round. I hate waiting!

Stacer, I am wishing you all the luck with your beta tomorrow. I truly hope you had a slow implanter and you get some wonderful news. Keep us posted.

2have, is there anything the clinic can prescribe to help bring on AF to get you on a cycle? I am with you on hating to wait, I am impatience with everything, I just like to get on with things. I hope the clinic can help and get you out there in June, that would be fab.

How is everyone else doing?

I've had a pretty rubbish day. Without going into too much detail, DH flew over to Greece Thursday to give his sperm sample to freeze (it means they can fertilize the eggs and I only need to fly out for transfer). However there has been a problem with the freeze process and cutting along story short it means we cant use these batches and he needs to back again. It's an absolute nightmare, its in another country for goodness sake. The clinic will pay for his return trip but he needs to re-arrange his whole work diary to make this trip. With the Greek Easter this weekend and EC estimated for 16th May, he really doesn't have much time to play with. We need to suck it up and be thankful that it was found out now and not the day of EC. I hope this is the last of any hiccups and things start to go smoothly for a change x

Pinkie, no wonder you are fed up. What a pain in the ass to say the least.
It is so difficult juggling all this around work at the best of times. I hate constantly having to take time off , juggle last minute appointments and using up annual leave which is precious at the best of times to attend appointments. Doing IVF on annual leave time does not equal a holiday in my book! Like you say, however the only positive is that they found there was a problem now and not at retrieval.

Pinkie-I'm so sorry Hun! I've never heard of clinic errors before mine and now yours. That's just crazy! I hope everything gets sorted out and is smooth from here on out!

2have-I don't blame you. It's like you know it can happen naturally but you don't know how long that'll take. Maybe having a plan in the works will make it happen sooner than later!!

Thanks ladies! I'm so nervous! I don't know what to think. These hormones are getting to me today and im just very emotional. And not having dh here makes it worse. I can't just pick up the phone and call him with my feelings. I just don't want to let him down. He's so excited!

Pinkie-I'm so sorry Hun! I've never heard of clinic errors before mine and now yours. That's just crazy! I hope everything gets sorted out and is smooth from here on out!

2have-I don't blame you. It's like you know it can happen naturally but you don't know how long that'll take. Maybe having a plan in the works will make it happen sooner than later!!

Thanks ladies! I'm so nervous! I don't know what to think. These hormones are getting to me today and im just very emotional. And not having dh here makes it worse. I can't just pick up the phone and call him with my feelings. I just don't want to let him down. He's so excited!

I know what you mean. DH was devastated by my MMC at 9 weeks. Just remember that it wouldn't be you letting DH down. This process is just a cruel trick nature has played on us.

Stacer isn't your test tomorrow? hang in there!!!!

Pinkie I would be frustrated too...but like you said at least you found out now

2Have I say do it

Pinkie, that's SO frustrating :grr: at least they're willing to compensate you, I'd think most clinics would default to their contractual obligations which means that you'd be taking on the financial loss of any risk.

DH said he wants to wait :cry: i'd love fir MacKinley to be very close in age to her siblings. Plus my coordinator didn't respond to my email over the weekend asking about how to get a june date when AF is so sporadic. You'd think they could hook me up with somerhing that could bring on a man-made cycle:haha: northisterone is generally good for that. We'll see if she responds tomorrow morning.
I've gone back to the gym. It's helping me work out some of this stress for not being able to ttc. Hopefully it'll do goid things for the body too.

Stacer I keep coming over to see you update. Please keep us posted

2Have...sorry lady but I know it WILL happen for you. Remember not just mercury but 5 other planets in retrograde so all communications are a mess! Hope you hear soon

Stacer--thinking of you! :flower:

Pinkie--what a freakin' mess. I'm so sorry about the stress this is causing. At least they are covering the cost, but still, it's a huge inconvenience. Just part of what will make the end result even sweeter, right?!?!? :wacko:

Thanks ladies for all the support and encouragement. Unfortunately the negative was accurate. My hcg level was negative which means the egg didn't even try to implant. So I'm to stop all meds. The director of the donor program called me and apologized and let me know our options.

1. Ask that same donor to come back and donate more (I guess another cycle is guaranteed since we didn't technically get a blast).
2. Choose a different donor
3. Take the $4k and walk away.

My dh says he's done, which annoys me. He has the easiest part. Im kind of annoyed with this clinic and kind of want to get a consult with another clinic just to see our options. I looked into this other clinic before but we never went with them bc we were satisfied at the time since we got lucky with our son. So I don't know. We will see...

oh no :( I'm so sorry...where did you go Stacer? what clinic was it? What a nighmare.

I'm sure your hubby will cool off and change his answer in a bit. He's probably irritated with their mess up

Sorry Stace, but IVF is all a game of chance. I am sure you will have a better luck next time if you try, maybe with a different donor. Why are you annoyed with the clinic?
Hubbies always have the easiest part during IVF and even if you get a BFP. So I guess they will never understand. I had an argument with DH 2 days back about IVF and I just shouted back saying it was me who took all the injections and my butt was all black and blue how the hell he would understand.

stacer...
https://www.desicomments.com/dc3/02/226957/226957.gif#hugs%20403x465

Hi Stacer, that's SO frustrating. Both getting a negative and gaving a partner who's dragging feet while you want to forge ahead (or at least have a positive outlook at the next steps. Everyone's story is different but I'm personally fed up with waiting. I waited too long for my DH to propose (9 years and told him if he didn't propose by such n such date I'd walk away). Then waited for him to want a family after we married, then when I was diagnosed DOR he wanted to wait to do DE ivf. By that point I had done counselling on my own to deal with my anger at him for having to wait for all the normal things that we're supposed to experience. counselling helped me realise that I'm partially to blame -I allowed myself to wait! I should have left him after 3-4 years with no ring. She was very insightful. The only thing I can do now is ensure I'm happy with my choices. So when he wanted to delay with DE ivf I made the appointment in Prague and that I was happy for him to bow out at this point but I was having children - with or without him. I still feel the same way. When I'm old I want to be surrounded with my family. Men quite often leave this world before their wives do. And so I'm considering that my DH wants to delay again but in the end this is my decision. Most couples don't work this way. I have to accomplish certain things in my life and so I'm taking this part like a typical type A personality :haha:
I hope you and DH can find the right balance without you being resentful or him feeling he made a mistake. Try again if you can and if it's really important to you.

Stacer, I am so sorry hun.

I think your DH is hitting out because he is hurting. After our last negative it was me crying saying I couldn't do it anymore but after a few days, lots of talks with DH and some wine we had a new plan. Give it a few days and talk again, if you feel that strongly about going again he will come around. In the meantime look after yourself x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->