Inconceivable and beyond :-)

It’s very quiet on here ladies, I’m just waiting for a match so no progress with me, how are you doing Mikihope have you got a start date for your cycle?

Thanks for asking, Sienna. I have started the cycle, as AF showed on Monday! I have been on Lupron for a week, and started the estradiol patches yesterday.

I was getting excited about things, and then DH realized this morning that his rashes were in fact shingles! Mad rush to get a doctor's appointment, and he is now on antiviral pills. The RE said that there would be no problem, and it won't affect our cycle. Thank goodness they had made sure I got the chicken pox vaccination done before they would allow me to do the cycle!

I hope you get a match soon, Sienna. This journey is so full of waiting!

mikihope - I would recommend doing PGS NGS screening, a friend of mine conceived thanks to it (probably). She had 4 ivf failed before that. And I came across a few posts of ladies who combined ivf de with pgs ngs to increase their chances.

I agree with ivf clinics abroad- Cyprus, Greece, Spain, Poland and particularly I advise fertility clinics in Czech rep. Much, much cheaper, excellent service, high success rates

Mikihope good luck with your cycle, have they given you a transfer date yet, fingers crossed your lining grows well, when is your lining scan?

Thanks, Sienna! I hope you get to start yours soon! My tentative transfer date is 4/10 (if day 5 transfer). Lining scan will be next Thursday, and I am now sporting 3 estrogen patches, and will be increasing to 4 on the next change. I am trying everything I can to help my lining along, including acupuncture. I go for my first appointment tomorrow!

I had two scares this week, first was the fact that my lining was almost 8mm at my baseline scan! Too thick, imagine that :wacko: Then DH got shingles! I thought they would have to cancel the cycle.

Mimi- Thanks for your advice. I am still considering to do PGS for future cycles if needed!

Sienna, sorry just getting back on.. no she isn't on these forums she's a friend sorry. I do however know that one of the doctors managed Reprofit is now at ISCARE and the other is at a clinic in Olomouc as I think their trying to get international patients going. So all under the same umbrella along with Gennett in Prague.

Hope everyone is going well? 2have how are your 3 girls?

My babies will be 2 on Sunday:cry: how dare they grow up on me:cry: they are talking a lot now, less twin talk and more little people talk that we all understand! They're just too cute at the moment!

Miki that's horrible news about your DH. I wanted to get the shingles vaccine but they won't let me till after 50. How's he doing? Fx for a healthy lining for your up coming cycle!

Sienna all the best with your match!

Crystal oh do post some photos, I'm dying to see them again. You do anazing birthdays too, happy birthday Lilly & Poppy!! I can't wait for MacKinley to speak more. Right now she's testing out words. They're so infrequent and slight though we're both like wow..was that car? Or cheese? Or Teagan, she tries and then won't repeat.

Hi ladies, the twins are definitely way more responsive and alert. We're loving the smiles and true baby moments. MacKinley is such an awesome big sister. Brings bottles, pacifiers, and diapers when they cry. We're just trying to do daily walks to avoid cabin fever. It's warmed up a bit from our usual cold Canadian winter.
IMG_8858.jpg

2have, your little girls are so adorable! Thanks for your concern, DH is recovering really well. I think it was good that he realized early enough what it was. The meds and ointment seem to have helped him a lot. I read that if you take the antiviral early enough, you end up with a very mild case. So maybe you don’t have to worry too much, just be on the lookout for early warning signs.
My lining was 7.1mm after just over 8 days of estrogen patches. It’s not stellar, but it took about 15 days of estrogen to reach the same point during the mock cycle. I go back Monday for another check. I really hope it managed to grow. I’m so nervous!

Crystal- So cool that you have twin girls too! They must be so cute at this age!

It looks like retrieval day is in about 5 days. They counted 23 follicles yesterday. No idea if that’s good, but I’m super relieved that she is at least responding. I had a secret fear that she would not respond to the meds at all. Now I can imagine that we’ll have an embie (or two) to transfer, and I really hope we have some to freeze!

Mikihope I hope your DH is feeling better, 7.1mm is good at this stage, good luck with your next check. Have you got a date for your transfer?

Thanks Crystal, it’s a shame your friend is not on the forum I haven’t found anyone else who has been to ISCARE, does she have any tips on accommodation or anything else. I hope you had a lovely 2nd birthday party today :)

2have all your girls look gorgeous

Thanks, Sienna! DH is doing great now. And my lining was 8.3mm at yesterday's check! Donor triggered tonight, and retrieval will be in 2 days time. It's really happening... it still doesn't feel quite real to me! I hope you find a match soon, the waiting is so difficult.

How is everyone? I hope everyone is doing great!

The clinic called today and told me that they retrieved 36 eggs from my donor! I'm not sure I misheard and they said 26... Either way, I really didn't expect the number to be so high, so that was a pleasant surprise!

I did my first PIO shot, and I didn't feel a thing! I did it standing up, and I was surprised at how easy it was. But I know from reading up that it's the aftermath that is painful, so I'm going nuts massaging and heating the area!

miki - Fx'd for lots of mature eggs and an awesome fertilization report!! GL!! :dust:

Great job on doing your own PIO injection!! :thumbup:

Thanks, boopin' ! I got the fert report this morning. Not so many mature eggs, only 25. But 24 fertilized! I'm very happy, but cautiously optimistic as anything can happen between now and transfer on Tuesday.

That's beyond awesome miki!! How many eggs did they retrieve exactly?? That's an almost 100% fertilization rate of the mature eggs. Incredible!! And a good sign that your donors eggs are healthy. Wishing you all the best!! :happydance::hugs:

that's great news Miki it sounds like you'll get plenty of good embryos, how many are you transferring?

Thanks, boopin' and Sienna! I'm very relieved, but I'm now nervous about tomorrow's day 3 update.

Boopin'- They retrieved 36 eggs, so not a great percentage for mature eggs. But I'm happy about the fert rate. I hope you're right, and this indicates that my donor has healthy eggs. I hope that DH's age (he just turned 33 a few days ago) and the supplements he's been eating will also help yield some good blasts!

Sienna- I still don't know whether we'll transfer one or two. I'm leaning towards two, but it's possible that I will be strongly advised to transfer one, as my clinic advocates single embryo transfer.

Trying to relax now and not imagine the worst! I hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Thanks for asking, Sienna! I was told that all 24 embryos were progressing, and they ranged between 5-8 cells. Also, they were all the top 2 grades (out of 5). I'm very happy, but I do realize that this is not an indication of what we end up with on day 5. Anything can happen between now and then, but I'm trying to stay positive!

Are you any closer to being matched with a donor, Sienna? How are you feeling these days?

Miki wow I've been missing all the action. I'm very excited for you, those are truly wonderful numbers. Fx for day 5!

Thanks, 2have! I'm so nervous about tomorrow's transfer! I'm transferring one embie because I was told that it is very rare at my clinic for a 1st time donor recipient to transfer two. I hope to have some to freeze, as I'm really afraid it won't work. I secretly wanted to transfer two. I'm 45, and I feel like don't have time to fail for multiple cycles, plus we would like to try for 2 kids...

I'm trying to feel positive. Tomorrow should be a very happy day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->