• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Inconceivable and beyond :-)

PC nice to read you, your post wasn't selfish. I have everything crossed for your next go!

Hey Pussycat! What is a Thombotic test?

Garnet it's a form of genetic clotting:
fertilitycheck.ie/?q=Implantation-Profile

Jooba have you seen The Knick? It's a fantastic new medical series based on the medicine of the early 1900's. Intriguing!
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2937900/

Hey Pussycat! What is a Thombotic test?
Hi garnet, Crystal explained it to me before as I didn't really know either and was in two minds whether to have it done or not. She explained it really well! I think basically it tells you whether your blood has a tendency to clott to readily and if so it can prevent implantation as you have lots of little blood clots on the surface if your endometrial lining. Ladies who have recurrent miscarriage have often tested positive for this and they think it could also be a cause if implantation failure, however like everything re scientific evidence is sketchy. Did I get that right crystal? I figured if I didn't get these tests done and my next cycle fails then I'll always wonder what if that was it. At least this way even if it all comes back negative I'll have done all I can to improve my chances. We have friends staying this weekend with their 9 month old boy, he's so cute and smiley 😃 I'm looking forward to a trip to the park and some cuddles tomorrow. xx

PC have fun with that wee one this weekend.
With Thrombophelia I'm really worried it's not only problematic with fertility but maybe it's also associated with stroke and aneurysm? My grandma passed from a massive aneurysm and her son passed at 55 from a massive strike. It seems so common in my dad's side of family, and I take after him very closely. All I know is when I go I hope it's quick! As for infertility, it'd be great if we could get passed this somehow too.

So 2have aren't you going through your procedure soon! This month right! I just feel like something gonna happen real soon for you!

Hello everyone, I made it!! :)
I love sci-fi and walking dead is brill :)

Had bit of a sad day. Had bloods done at Gps before my af arrived to check no issues and thankfully she arrives but it turns out my fsh was 45 and lh was 35!!! OMG! Sent results to clinic in Prague and they say Yep perimenopause but actually I don't know what cycle day the fsh relates to as my cycle hasn't arrived when it was done.
Anyway, at least the clinic have said its not a problem for fet with donor egg embryos - except I will need my period to start to behind progynova and if it gets irregular again that will be a pain as I'll have to get a prpgesterone shot which my gp doesn't do :( problems problems.
But these results make me feel v old at 44!
Xxx

So 2have aren't you going through your procedure soon! This month right! I just feel like something gonna happen real soon for you!

Thanks Garnet<3I was supposed to do a 'super ovulation cycle' starting with my AF (stims + chlomid). AF was supposed to come Sept 1. It still hasn't come. I've been taking DHEA and coQ10 to help with egg quality but if Idon't get AF there won't be any cycle and I'm not going to force it. I have till April to do this so will wait for things to get back to normal.

Hi Minno sending you :hugs: sorry for that terrible number. Fsh is meant to be taken on cd3 and is unreliable so should be taken 3 times. AMH is always more accurate. But it is just a number and it really doesn't effect donor egg IVF. You can still have your kids, just not with your own eggies. Maybe by fluke some people might get pregnant but very rare and not reliable.

Youth is all about your attitude, my grandma was a kid all her her life. At Halloween she dressed up and came to my door, I didn't recognize her as a 4 year old and gave her candy. On her 4th door bell ring I shook my finger at her and told her off. She took her costume off and had a good laugh at my expense. Keep having fun and don't lose your spirit.

Thanks 2have. It's taken 3 months after the m/c to get my cycle back and I'm hoping it sticks around regularly to make things a bit easier for next years FET so don't lose heart. I think all the meds throw our systems out of whack and better to wait until your body recovers before trying again even though it's so frustrating!!!

I'm annoyed at my numbers but relieved it won't affect me doing the fet -I have two more goes potentially with four grade 1 blasts in the freezer. We'll see. I'm pretty fit and don't look 44 so I'm told but it's just the realisation that my natural fertility days are coming to an end. I'm very relieved I had my son at 32 otherwise if I'd left it longer that might not have happened -I guess I've just got old ovaries!! Xx

Minno - if it makes you feel any less old, my FSH was 112 at age 27. The assay result doesn't actually go any higher than 112, so I was MAXED OUT! :haha: My AMH is also unmeasurably low (<0.1). So fertility-wise I'm older than my dead grandmother, but mentally and (otherwise) physically- I am a spring chicken at 29.

It's often so hard to remember when you are in the grips of infertility treatment, but all of us ladies as SO much more than a walking uterus and a pair of ovaries. At first it was all I could focus on - the fact that I was a "failure" of a woman, or "broken". But nuts to that! I know I bring a lot more to the world than just my physical ability to bear children. All of you ladies have proven how wonderful you are through the support and love you show each other. I'm proud to be part of this "inconceivable" group with you all - and though I know none of us would chose to be here if we had a say in it, you are all a complete credit to the human race, and an example of how unjust and ironic the world can be sometimes - because you are ALL exactly the sort of women who should be out there having babies. I believe you will, too! :thumbup:

xoxoxox

:hugs::hugs:

Hello everyone, I made it!! :)
I love sci-fi and walking dead is brill :)

Had bit of a sad day. Had bloods done at Gps before my af arrived to check no issues and thankfully she arrives but it turns out my fsh was 45 and lh was 35!!! OMG! Sent results to clinic in Prague and they say Yep perimenopause but actually I don't know what cycle day the fsh relates to as my cycle hasn't arrived when it was done.
Anyway, at least the clinic have said its not a problem for fet with donor egg embryos - except I will need my period to start to behind progynova and if it gets irregular again that will be a pain as I'll have to get a prpgesterone shot which my gp doesn't do :( problems problems.
But these results make me feel v old at 44!
Xxx

Came on to see if it was time for you to test yet LornaMJ and it's not! Damn :coffee: Have everything crossed for you after this long journey of yours :hugs:

Ah Jooba your post me laugh and also nod my head a lot! You are so so right. We are all so much more than a pile of reproductive organs! I need to remind myself of that. Sometimes I feel I failed because I never had two biological children - that's crazy huh?! Shows you the pressure on us from society. Sometimes when I buy tickets for something it classes a family as four or more (2 adults 2 children), like a three doesn't really count. I have got to get over that!!
Just have to keep ploughing on I guess and remembering the many ways we all offer something the world beyond our ability to conceive.
Xx

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the invite 2 Have. I love keeping up with you all.

My story is similar to others. We tried for almost 9 years. I had 3 unsuccessful IVF tries, but success on my first DEIVF a cycle. I now have 7 month old twin girls. Our family is complete and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Don't give up...it's worth it in the end!

Yes Lorna, I'm hoping for a lovely call back that you're pregnant. Are you not doing the poas at all? I really hope you get some positive results.

Jooba, I do forget that we're not walking reproductive organs. It's hard seeing that I don't have a family yet and it's stressful with everything up in the air, unsure of weather surrogacy or my next attempt will align/work out. I don't think our friend will work out who offered surrogacy so I'm delving into my local database in order to get going on interviews for a person who's put it out there that she'd like to do surrogacy for someone. I need to know if all of these ladies expect big payments from it, I could cover wages lost over and above EI but we really don't have much $$ left after all our tries.

My sis works in the same dept as me and she's been a real cranky wench recently:gun: Not being nice to my colleagues either:trouble: which ends up being embarrassing for me. DH is in the doghouse too after some dumb stuff :grr: (he always gets like this inbetween cycles). Really not been having any sort of recovery since July's failings. A sore back and now attitude all around me. I'm just going to :ignore: everyone and do my own thing. :cry: It does get hard to keep on working on the next attempt when I've got all this adversity around me. Why can't people just be consistently warm & cuddly?:bunny: I think my family could take some lessons from you ladies!

Going over to mom's house again today to help her with 5 fallen down trees after an early snow dump snapped all the branches. Was there most of the weekend. My little sis would never help her out even though she's always needing help with stuff (her gazillionth move or walking her dog). Nice to get away from a crabby DH too.

I hope everyone else is doing better than me. Sorry for the sob story, just irritated that everyone else is so negative lately.

Fuck them all til they behave better 2have! :hugs: and get away from them will help!

Massive :hugs: 2have. They always say when it rains, it pours. Whenever I'm in a funk it seems like everything around just cascades into a total poop fountain. Sorry your sis is being a bum hole. Honestly, and I know it's horrible to say, but sometimes I'm glad I didn't have a sister! Sure I got beaten up a lot by my two older brothers :haha:, but boys are much more straight forward than girls. My cousins are a classic example of toxic sisters. They've had an intense and weird rivalry since they were little. Both had their first babies within 2 months of each other, and now they are both pregnant again - due within 8 weeks of each other. They never speak, they just have baby photo-posting wars on Facebook. :wacko:

Lorna! Test day tomorrow!!! SO excited for you and hoping it's amazing news... :thumbup: I'm so impressed you've managed to hold off POAS. Round of applause to you!

xoxo

:hugs: to everyone!

Thx you guys for the kind words!! So just before I was about to leave to help mom I hear this screaming baby really close to my house and I'm thinking did the bloody stork read my mind today?? Well my lovely friend is going crazy with her uncontrollably sobbing new born so she decided to pay me a visit.

I was super pleased despite the crazy loud vocal orchestral movements that the 9 pounds of baby was making. I put on some classical music, they say the cows produce more milk as it relaxes them so it was worth a try right? I rocked her for 10 and she fell asleep with a dumby in her mouth. My friend had some of the beet borscht that I tried to take her over the weekend (she was out sailing on the lake lucky thing). Almost as soon as she put her bowl down baby was awake, fussing, and grabbing at my boob so I knew it was time to hand her back for her dinner. What a lovely way to spend an evening!! So today was put to rest in the very best way possible. Thank god for friends with babies who are willing to share them for a few hours!!! (Doing my happy dance right now) :happydance::wohoo::bunny:

2have, sometimes it really feels like we're battling against those closest to us, so sorry you're having a tough time. So glad you had a nice cuddle with your friends little one.
Lorna, is it test day? Best of luck!
Test day in a different way for me, have my immunology blood tests this morning so should know in a week or so if there's a problem.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"