Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Hi llbean, how are you & welcome. The study info is here: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/10404.asp and more about the company & test: https://pegasus-pegase.ca
They've had lots of options for women in the US & Europe and most women with high ratios in Canada who want to know more end up paying big bucks to US labs for help with diagnosis. My doc was happy to wait till I was 5 months pregnant to find out more, this doesn't allow me any options if there's a serious problem with baby.
Anyway, Canada may get a few more options for women, we're so far back in the dark ages I told my doc the other day we should all be running around with groin covers & bam bam sticks (ode to The Flintstones) from cave to cave! :Nope:

Lol that was a funny visual. Here the test I believe they do is Harmony 21? Is that like it?

https://www.ariosadx.com/expecting-parents/

That one

Last Friday I asked my doc about chromosomal testing and she shrugged saying that if the nauchal translucency scan comes back in high ratio of having Down's Syndrome or 3 other similar defects we'd talk about it after May when I return from my vacation:dohh: so I did a little digging and there's a Pegasus study being done in my city. So they accepted me as a candidate today, will administer the test at exactly 10 weeks (a vial of blood) and know if my baby has anything wrong one week later. Normally women pay $900 here for this test. The usuall process is to find a place that will send bloodwork to the USA when the nauchal translucency scan comes back with high chances of Down's Syndrome. The blood test avoids an invasive amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling. Both pose risks to fetus.
I feel so relieved, just to not have that stress of more $$ for more tests. We were going to have the results from the nauchal test right before we leave with a potential of stress over unclear results (imagine 1 in 10 for Down's Syndrome possibility??) hanging over our heads.

When things are crappy, they really are terrible and when things work out, sometimes ithe ouch just keeps going:wacko:

May I jump in on this thread? I'm very curious on this test 2have! I'm keeping my best thoughts for you! Please let me know!

Hugs to you and all, hope to join and be bump buddies soon ;-)

LLbean - if you are in US, you can ask your doc about the cell-free testing. Some are not good with donor eggs though. I believe the MaterniT21 test is compatible with donor eggs. I read that the Panorama test is not although some docs are saying that it is. You can go to the company websites for these to read on what they are supposed to do. The tests are expensive, but if you are above a certain age, I think insurance is supposed to cover it as it is less expensive than the invasive procedures. I don't think they routinely offer it to younger women. Good luck!

We are offered Materna21 and Harmony at all ages here in Australia, the cost is $550. We didn't bother because the Nuchal tests all came back normal :thumbup:

Jeeze 2have we have to send bloods by courier from Australia and your next door to the US and it costs so much more for you... That's crazy

Hi ladies, back from my scan. Baby is measuring 2 days growth + over the 7 week scan. All that healthy food & exercise must be helping! Along with the blood thinners:wacko:
We've made it past the unlucky 8th week:dance:

Congrats again 2have! Lots fingers and toes crossed for sweet baby !

We are offered Materna21 and Harmony at all ages here in Australia, the cost is $550. We didn't bother because the Nuchal tests all came back normal :thumbup:

Jeeze 2have we have to send bloods by courier from Australia and your next door to the US and it costs so much more for you... That's crazy

Yes, I think if you ask for it, you can have it at any age here too, but research shows that there is an increase in false positives with younger women, so they discourage it and insurance may not pay unless there is a history of problems, or an ultrasound points to a problem. But I think docs have a way of billing that may get around that if they are savvy. However, as with a lot of things, if you are willing to pay for it, you can most certainly get whatever you want. :)

Hi. Hope everyone's had a good weekend. Been lovely weather here, spring may be on the way!

Coolstar, Pussycat, hope you're doing ok.

Xx

Hey Everyone! Its been a while. I hope everyone is doing good.

Awesome news 2have Congrats :)

A little update for me is that on the 10th of March my husband I are travelling 8 hours to our clinic to begin our IVF.

On the 11th is my ultrasound, and the 12th, hubby does his part. Im nervous because last time I was up all night wondering if and how many eggs survived. Now I have to do tat again, and for my ultrasound to be perfect.

No side effects from meds, I never really did, except the nasty antibiotics and the medrol pills. But it has to be done.

Cross fingers that this time will work, we are putting in 2 eggs this time.

SKP 2 is a really great idea with frostie eggs, wishing you :dust:

SKP, what dose of Medrol were you on and what side effects did you have? Great news that your progressing!
Sorry I've been MIA, so much going on in my life, will do a proper update soon. x

I start Medrol on the 11th, I take 4 once a day for 4 days.

The only side effects is that its a nasty taste. As soon as it hits your tongue! I pop all 4 in quick and gulp milk. That the only way to avoid the taste.

And the antibiotic is strong so it makes me throw up. So I know now I can take it with a bit of milk. And it stops me from being sick. You just don't drink too much because calcium lessens the strength of the pills.

Thanks 2have :)

Lots of luck for the start of your new journey today Skp.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"