Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Great news SKP, not sure what HCG level should be as we don't get that here in the UK. Is this high for such an early stage? Could it be twins?! xx

Congrats SKP! Pussycat unless SKP gets a second hcg it's not measurable. Doctors always send for a second one here in Canada to measure the viability of a pregnancy- the numbers should be doubling every 48hours to indicate if the pregnancy is good or not. There are online calculators that'll tell us if the two numbers are high or low for the dates (high sometimes but not always indicates twins). https://www.babymed.com/tools/hcg-calculator

I had my doctors appointment yesterday.

I get to do blood work and a dating ultrasound at the be inning of May

CBC- Complete Blood Count
Ferritin, Vitamin B12 - Ferritin is the major iron storage protein of the body. Ferritin levels can be used to indirectly measure the iron levels in the body.
GLUCR- Glucose Random
Potassium-
Creatinine-GFR - Preeclampsia Risk
ALT- Something to do with the liver
TSHBO- TSH (only)
Chlamydia Urine
N.Gonorrhoeae-

Im assuming the glucose one I have to fast.

Why on earth are they testing you for gonorhea now? And chlamidia too?

It's standard with pregnant women, can harm baby if mom has these things. Shockingly, some women test positive for Chlamidia (seen it twice now on the first tri boards).

I think there should be more frequent iron testing, low iron is associated with learning disabities & ADHD - SO preventable. But most ladies take a pill-form iron prenatal that's often combined with calcium
1. Iron binds with calcium so all that would do is constipated you
2. Iron in pill form is super hard to digest, much better to take liquid
3. The amount of iron a pregnant woman needs in a day is equivalent to 30 plates of spinach /day.

I been quite opposite, been using the bathroom more. Before i was lucky to use te bathroom maybe 3 times a week.

So hard now becuase im truing learning how to eat right so i can be healthy

Question

Is it normal to want to eat and eat and don't feel satisfied lol. I can eat a big meal, then and hour or 2 Its liKe I never ate.

Hi
I was eating the world for the first few weeks!!!! Could out-eat dh, which is unheard of!!!
Are you on predisolone? I think these were what was making me really hungry.
Xx

SKP even if you eat 'right' what's considered right still prob won't get you all the nutrients baby needs (who eats 30 plates of spinach:haha:). Try to ensure you're on good supplements ie a prenatal like Pregvit, our fertility clinic gives this to 99% of the ladies. You are prob on it already? It's cheap as it's covered by prescription and good because it separates the iron (pink pill) from the mag & calcium (blue pill).
And liquid iron (take with pink pill and orange juice: https://www.florahealth.com/product_categories.cfm?category_id=4&prod_id=87 everyday to prevent learning disabilities & ADHD. You want to give your baby the best opportunity to come out with a full deck of cards:thumbup:

The progesterone makes me hungry every few hours too. If you eat small portions frequently (5-7 small meals/day) and make sure there's protein in every snack you shouldn't gain weight in your first tri and your appetite will be satiated. 3 big meals/day is likely to leave you feeling sick after eating so much in one sitting and sick inbetween due to lack of food. Snack on veg & high quality protein (protein is the building blocks for baby's growth and keeps us full without spiking blood sugar) ie boiled eggs, greek yoghurt (low carb/high protein plain yoghurt where you can add real fruit to it rather than the highly sugary flavoured fruity yoghurt, Liberte plain 0% for example is a great protein snack), nuts, fruit, to maintain a healthy weight. Bread, pasta, crackers, noodles will spike blood sugar (high blood sugar rushes are a common cause of ms) and the sugar in the bread/pasta/crackers directly converts to fat. https://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregna..._medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com

Hello Ladies how is everyone doing ?
MrsG, you must be completing your first trimester soon. Must be excited :) .
2have, hope you are enjoying your vacation .
SKP, eat healthy and enjoy your pregnancy.
Dmama, how are you ?
PC, hun how are you ? You were suppose to have your endo scratch.

2have- I never heard of Pregvit. I am just taking the kirkland costco one. And because of the iron I have to take it with orange juice, i read it helps with the iron not to be so hard on the tummy.

I think thats my problem, I eat a big breakfast, then I just eat when hungry, then I have a supper, then eat when hungry before bed. I also been noticing huge thirsts.

Thanks for the eating tips :)

The only meds I am on is Crinone (progesterone) and Estrace up until May 18th. And also my thyroid pills.

----
How was everyones Easter?

Hello Ladies how is everyone doing ?
MrsG, you must be completing your first trimester soon. Must be excited :) .
2have, hope you are enjoying your vacation .
SKP, eat healthy and enjoy your pregnancy.
Dmama, how are you ?
PC, hun how are you ? You were suppose to have your endo scratch.
Hi Coolstar, happy Easter! I've been waiting for AF to appear. I've had a funny cycle this month, not convinced I ov'd (never got a positive on the cheap OPK but they are cheap and I did miss a test day which could have been the day). AF started late Friday but much lighter than normal. It's probably my body reacting to 3 months of BCP plus all the other drugs I took last month. Anyway need to book in with the clinic for scratch, I'm hoping I can get it done on a Sat in three weeks time (fits with the timing) to try and minimise time off work.
How are you hon? What stage you at? xx

Coolstar how are you? Any plans brewing?
PC, all the best with your scratch, do you have another AF before you cycle then?

Hi to all the ladies here that we haven't heard from in a while. Did you guys here that Crystal had her girls on Good Friday?

We're currently in Salzburg. It's been cold and sleety, I feel a head cold coming on. Trying to beat it with vit C & lots of hot tea:shrug:

SKP, my colleague was on Kirkland prenatals with her first born. She wound up with bad indigestion throughout & anemia in third tri. It's one of those that combines the calcium + iron (just hope they don't make you feel:sick:)just be safe & get iron tests throughout if your going to stay on it. PregVit it also 1/6 the cost as it's covered by prescription.

Please pray pray pray pray pray. I went to emerge this morning with bleeding. And i got my levels tested again. It was 1096 last week now 9000 something. Which is good. But i go back in 2 days to see if it doubled. And if not and it is drastically
Lower then have an ultrasound. I will
See if there is 1 or 2 Could be a possible miscarry, of both or one who knows. So as of right now it feels like i am having a normal period at the moment. Just
Pray pray pray pray.

Please pray pray pray pray pray. I went to emerge this morning with bleeding. And i got my levels tested again. It was 1096 last week now 9000 something. Which is good. But i go back in 2 days to see if it doubled. And if not and it is drastically
Lower then have an ultrasound. I will
See if there is 1 or 2 Could be a possible miscarry, of both or one who knows. So as of right now it feels like i am having a normal period at the moment. Just
Pray pray pray pray.

SKP sorry to hear that. Stay horizontal, my doc always told me it slows the bleeding:hugs:

praying! please stay put and healthy babies!

Its 10:30 in evening now. Cramping stopped earlier, now its dullish. And the past 2.5 hours there was nothing. Fingers cross. For nothing over night or none from now on.

And for my numbers to double on Weds.

Skp got everything crossed for you. Get lots of rest. You're in my thoughts. Xx

SKP, thinking of you and got everything crossed.
2have, hope you're having a great holiday (despite the great European weather!), thanks for the news on Crystal, lovely to hear!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->