Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Leilani, poor thing, how stressful for both of you. But you're PUPO!! Congratulations!
Crystal a beautiful image!
2have, sorry about the clomid, but it sounds like things are moving forward with your surrogacy quest. Are you sticking with Reprofit?
Apparently my UK clinic have the results of our NKC tests, but not the thrombotic risk, so just waiting on our consultants letter, they're so about the money, almost £900 on tests and all the money we've spent so far and I have to pay for a consultation if I want the results face to face! It makes me mad. I've asked for an actual copy if the results and a recommended treatment protocol so I can send to Reprofit, I hope they can read them. xx

The boys are definitely a handful and not quite walking but seriously cruising! They get in enough trouble already so walking is going to be dangerous!! But loving every minute and time is passing much too quickly.

Currently trying to decide whether we should keep the 5 frozen donor eggs that we have on ice. Its expensive to store them but even more expensive to start from scratch again if I ever get the itch for another baby.

2have - I hated clomid and it also gave me cysts. Never had an issue with cysts until I took clomid. But sounds like you have a plan and its starting to come together!

Leilani - 2 blasts!! That fantastic!! Looking forward to following your updates. I have everything crossed for you!!

Crystal - amazing pics!! Makes me feel it was just yesterday that I was in the same position. Such an exciting and scary feeling. Your little bubs look amazing and sound strong and healthy! And the doppler is a definite sanity saver - I used my everytime I was worried.

Hollyhopeful - I can't believe your 34 weeks! Its almost time and I couldn't be more thrilled for you!! One of the key purchases we made were 2 Rock N Plays - they have been our lifesavers with the twins. Perfect for naps and long naps.

Butterfly - little Adam is so handsome! Congrats!! 6 months already - amazing!!

Holy crap Mells! Your girls are 7 months already!! And beautiful!! How has life been with twins? Hard to imagine it any other way isn't it?:cloud9:

Hi girls, has anyone ever heard of getting milk in when you haven't had a baby? Our surro lady was mentioning I might be able to take a drug that allows me to lactate. WOW what a concept that would be with either surro or adoption.!

PC yes we'd like to stick to Reprofit. There's so many complications with surrogacy and it looks like it'd be much more expensive than adoption at this point. Might try embie donation and adoption as per schedule. There seem to be more and more things that keep coming up and she's only wanting to throw 1 back which I respect but the chances just get reduced that things will work out despite all the money we'd have to throw at this. Flip floppy day today!

The doc who scanned me on Monday was a wank, those were actually follies and the doc today said 2 are growing nicely, slowly but nicely for only being on the stims for 1 day. So we'll see how it goes.

PC how's everything with you then? I hope your sheet tells you the normal parameters then so that you have a way to interpet the data. My doc too wanted $600 for the consult. It's really outrageous. I've told them no more $$ from us and especially since he won't help me with Neupogen for the next round. I've just had enough doctor fees and push back I guess. I'm excited to hear about your results!

2have, so your potential surrogate will only put one back? It's all it takes, but I know where you're coming from. I think when you've been through as much as we have, one seems like such unrealistic number. Can't help you on the breast feeding thing, though I guess it's all about hormones and goodness knows we've had enough of them!
The longer this goes on the more I feel like all we do is pay for our Dr's next ski holiday and I know that DH is right, there has to be an end to all this and I have to accept what will be. Just not yet. It's outrageous that they do blood tests and charge you but the fee doesn't include a proper consultation on the results! Sadly I suspect the results will be a load of meaningless numbers to me, but hopefully Reprofit can make sense of them. I don't expect to hear for at least another 2 weeks.
x

Hockey, yup 8 months next week, and the days are flying by. I miss my snuggly babies. Now they want to be independent and on the move. But yes, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love to see them grow and reach new milestones. Are the boys walking yet?

2 Have, I guess I misunderstood your first post when you said you have 2 cysts. I thought that meant follies so I was happy you were responding well. I'm glad things really are happening for you.

Hi everyone!!!

Hi ladies
How was your weekend? Monday morning again, how did that happen?!
2have how are things going?
x

Did anyone watch the Walking Dead premiere? It was soooo good!!!

Pussycat, I had a decent weekend :) weekends go way to fast!

Hello All.....I am in the process of selecting my frozen donor eggs. I am not sure about one of the donors that I like. So I am hoping some of you with donor egg experience can help...The one I like (not much choice actually) is 30 and is relatively new and does not yet have any outcome data. It appears though that she only has 1 lot of eggs left. I am wondering what you all think about a 30 year old donor and also about taking the last of a lot of eggs? Any of you have success with a non proven donor? I mean, I guess someone has got to be the first right? Ii am just tired of waiting but don't want to rush into things....
Thanks in advance...

My donor was a brand new donor and 28. At my clinic when a donor is brand new and you are the first to use her eggs they give two extra eggs with the lot that you buy. Does your clinic do that? The donor coordinator was also extremely helpful with advice. I have heard that the age of around 27 is perfect for a donor. 30 isn't too far off.

My donor was a brand new donor and 28. At my clinic when a donor is brand new and you are the first to use her eggs they give two extra eggs with the lot that you buy. Does your clinic do that? The donor coordinator was also extremely helpful with advice. I have heard that the age of around 27 is perfect for a donor. 30 isn't too far off.

First off....congrats on the twins! Hope your upcoming delivery goes very well....

Thanks for the information. I don't think this clinic does this, but these seem to be the last eggs available too....It looks like you had great success with a 28 year old new donor, so maybe I should not worry too. Just getting overly neurotic with this process...It is killing me. Thanks!

My first egg donor was 19 and the eggs were
Ok but we had issues at egg collection, the eggs weren't mature so she had to be triggered a second time and go back for egg collection 2 days later, we got a BFN that cycle. The second cycle the egg donor was 21 and we got decent eggs again but had a chemical. This last cycle the egg donor was 24 and we ended up with 4 frozen embryos, I think women in their mid twenties to early thirties produce better eggs. Their bodies are in a good rhythm and cycles are pretty regular. I also think donors in that age group tend to look after themselves more and eat better etc.

My donor is a good friend of mine. She was almost 29 at the time of donation (she turned 29 today). She'd never stimmed before, but she had a great response to very low dose meds and we have our little one on board now and 4 on ice as a result of her cycle. I would be concerned about anyone aged over 35 and donating, but 30 isn't actually that old fertility-wise.

Had my nuchal today. Everything is absolutely perfect with baby. It clearly takes after it's father though because it misbehaved ALL the way through. Kept flipping over and curling up into awkward positions. The sonographer gave up and got the Doc to come scan me. I had to do star jumps, touch my toes, cough, drink water, walk around - all to try get the beggar to move :haha: Every time they poked it with the probe, it'd just kick back and wave it's arms around as if to say "piss off, lady!" Everyone was laughing by the end of it, but I was slightly mortified! :wink wink: I don't think they get a lot of donor egg pregnancies there - they got VERY confused about how to draw the genetic history tree when they are collecting genetic history :haha: Then the lady said "Oh, well, you certainly don't LOOK like someone who has had cancer...". I was like "Um, thanks?" (Was that meant to be a compliment?) Hahahaha. All in all a very funny experience, but so happy baby is perfect. I can cruise into the 2nd trimester now with a little more relief!

Hope everyone is well! Where is everyone up to????

Hi ladies, how is everyone? Jooba I'm glad to hear your scan went well and yes clearly the baby takes after DH:haha:

Dmama, each clinic is different. In Athens you know there's a backup donor and we were given the rights to use her eggs even though she wasn't a proven donor yet. So we ended up doing what Penny recommended which was to use the three x proven donor, a 26 year old lady, had 6 perfect embryos but out of all 6 fresh + FET no BFP. So it just goes to show that anything can happen. Reprofit also gave us a 26 year old donor and there were no frosties (but I hear Reprofit doesn't freeze many embies anyway) and I mc'd both embies early on. Reprofit always says they have a back up donor for you in the event that the original fails but they don't stim a back up so I really don't know how they do things.

I don't have experience with frozen eggs but I just inquired at Reprogenesis & Reprofit, about frosties and while they're half the price of fresh they warned me that they give only 30-40% chance of success while fresh is 50-60% chance. It was the same stats at my local clinic. I think we'll be doing frozen next try though because it's just too costly to keep doing fresh. Obviously there are some great successes out of frosties and I think we need to do what's available and what feels right at the time. I think it's all a crap shoot no matter so whatever happens, I wish you luck with your next cycle! I do agree that mid twenty to thirty year old ladies probably take better care of themselves than teenagers.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at mom's and just chilled the rest of the weekend. Crystal watched the Season premier of The Walking Dead too, it was great, so happy they blew Terminus to bits, so mad when that guy was threatening that sweet little baby!! What an awful thing!

Our friends just got their adoptive baby last week and sent us photos. Very cute. Our surro lady was going to have us over to meet DH and her OH and she said her OH isn't supportive of her wishes to be a surro and created a huge meltdown before we came over so that was cancelled. I'm going to interview each of our adoption agencies and figure out which one we want to go with and make the move pretty soon. Just tired of waiting and there are just too many complications with surro ladies. We'll also do another IVF try in April at Reprofit when we have our Budapest/Zurich holiday but I need something more solid at this point (adoption).

2have that is absolutely crushing and disappointing about the surro ladies. Why is it so bloody hard to find someone to carry your baby? Celebrities sure don't seem to have any problems finding someone. That pisses me off.

Jooba great news on the ultrasound! What a wonderful time it is for you right now:)

My friend was 30 when she got married and pregnant the first month she tried! Then she was breastfeeding so never got af until her son was weaned, then the first month she got af pregnant again! Clearly she has some stellar eggs at 30...

I agree Crystal; I think women in their mid 20's early 30's produce better eggs.

2have that is absolutely crushing and disappointing about the surro ladies. Why is it so bloody hard to find someone to carry your baby? Celebrities sure don't seem to have any problems finding someone. That pisses me off.

I agree Holly, I knew surro was the most complicated and even if a girl has good intentions their unsupportive family can blow it all to kingdom come. That said the adoptions don't sometimes go smoothly either, the lady giving her baby up for adoption with our friend is on 'watch' at the hospital as there's abuse in her relationship and they're afraid they might make off with the baby.

I saw Minxy posted on our old hijacked thread, she also pm'd me so I gave her a warm welcome and a link to our new all inclusive thread. Hopefully she'll come join us, her and I have been on a long very windy road together.

Oh 2have that is a real shame about the surro - is there any chance her DH might come round to the idea?

Jooba - sounds like your scan was a bit of a mission - what a cheeky bubba you have in there, did it take long with all the exercise they made you do? Did you go and celebrate your donor's birthday afterwards?

Crystal - I've never really watched the Walking Dead, is it something I should get out on DVD (or download) to watch?

dmama - if she only has one lot of eggs left, then hopefully they should be able to give you some data, such as how many eggs she produced and how well they thawed for other recipients. there are so many factors involved in success other than egg quality that it really is hard to compare. Are you not able to get fresh eggs?

As for me - I got two pink lines yesterday afternoon - getting my blood test tomorrow!

WOOOOHOOOOOOO Leilani!!!!!

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Congratulations!!!!

xoxoxox

2have - sorry to hear about the surro. It always seems as though the more people we try to involve, the more complicated it gets. But you're right - it would have been a nightmare to pursue if all parties weren't completely on board.

If adoption was any sort of reasonable prospect in Australia, we would have pursued it aggressively. It's just a nightmare (read: impossible) over here. Plus I was unofficially told that due to my cancer history I have virtually zero chance of ever being approved. That made me so bloody mad. To think of all the bubs and kids in the world that need a supportive home with people who will love them unconditionally, and being told I would never get that chance because I had the nerve to get sick? Idiocy. Complete idiocy! :growlmad: So ED was pretty much our only shot.

Leilani - yes we did celebrate a bit yesterday. Unfortunately she got called into work so we only had time for lunch - but it was wonderful. We did our official Facebook announcement yesterday, because Nicki said she really wanted to share her day with such amazing news.

How is everyone else doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"