Inconceivable and beyond :-)

MrsG, i hope everything went okay yesterday?

Coolstar, I'm doing ok thanks apart from yesterday I woke with a sore throat and feel like I'm coming down with a cold. I still have no idea how this cycle has gone. Have blood test booked early Monday morning for a same day result. I might take a urine test on Sunday?

How is everyone else doing? Any news? Updates on those beautiful babies and bumps?

X

looking for news from Mrs G...hope the little one is here!

Pinkie when do you test?

Blood test is booked for Monday but might do a urine test Sunday. DH is thinking he might want 24 hours to digest the results before going back to work but it's also his birthday so not sure what to do. I am 6dp5dt today so don't know if Sunday is too early?

that makes you 11DPO technically...so Sunday you would be 13DPO you should be fine

Pinkie when do you test?

Blood test is booked for Monday but might do a urine test Sunday. DH is thinking he might want 24 hours to digest the results before going back to work but it's also his birthday so not sure what to do. I am 6dp5dt today so don't know if Sunday is too early?

Agree with llbean, I always had results on a FRER by day 7, Sunday should be safe to test :dust:

Pinkie, got everything crossed for you, really hope this is your time!
MrsG hope all is well and your busy caring got your little miracle!
I had another scan yesterday, I didn't realise how worried I've been about not feeling them move and generally feeling a bit out of sorts, when I saw they were both fine I cried and then I couldn't stop! My babies are fine and very active so I must have a super thick placenta cushioning me (it's anterior!). I have to see a consultant after each scan and cried then too, so now they're worried that I'm not coping and need more support! I was just so relieved to know they're ok, I still find it hard to believe after so many disappointments that this is actually happening. I have a seminar today run by TAMBA (twins and multiple births association), all you need to know about looking after twins in 2 hours!
Hope everyone else is doing well! xx

PC we both had tears at both our scans. I don't think anyone not suffering from IF could possibly understand what it's like to have tried so hard to get this far and let your brain off the hook for more disappointment. No one can tell you not to worry, until you have them safely in your arms your heart will always race with those thoughts.

Even now, I look at MacKinley and mourn each week that passes by knowing I'll never get that small newborn time back with her. I know the intensity of this sadness is completely irrational but I just want these moments to last a little longer. I'm happy for her to grow and get to see her personality shine more each day but each day seems to be slipping by very quickly for something I wanted so badly. I know I have to have more kids, I need to feel this love and awe at the whole process at least a few more times. <3

Good Morning Ladies,
Awe so sweet on your thoughts PC and 2have! Hope Mrs G is getting on well! Pinkie hoping for wonderful news for you! Hi Coolstar! I survived the MIL! As long as she is shopping and ignoring the grand kids her visits are smooth! She is not a the Grandmother type and it has taken me years to realize it but that is how it is! It just gets frustrating to have to deal with the kids plus her at times! It is sad because my kids do not active Grandparents!

Hi everyone else!

Garnet, I'm sorry to hear this. I've struggled with some issues with my mom recently. I broke down in tears last week because she always makes me feel like I don't matter to her. She told my family doc that she wouldn't be buying MacKinley any clothes or toys because I was so hard to shop for (she made me feel like I was a huge inconvenience to her as a child), and she announced when my aunt was over that she wouldn't be knitting or sewing anything for her granddaughter when her sister asked. She told our neighbours she doesn't have time to visit, she's too busy with the garden. And she tells me all of this over the phone. I told her she's going around making people thing she's a cold hearted psychopath and it's fine if she wants to say nasty things to her friends just don't come and tell me about it afterwards. My sister was meant to be moving into a new home in sept and it's been delayed til Nov so while she's hosting MacKinley's meet n greet for us, it's being held at mom's house. She told us last week that she's not going to bother making any hot food and she's only getting $6 bottles of wine for the party. I texted my sister to let her know how mom was making me feel and she told me not to worry that she'd make up where mom is trying to sabatogue. Why do these women not have more grace at their age? It seems to be getting worse as she gets older.
I hope I'm never like that!
Good job on surviving the visit with your mil Garnet.

Garnet sorry to hear about how your MIL is, at least you survived the visit!
2Have, how frustrating and sad that your mum should be that way. I think as they get older their behaviours become more exaggerated. Do you think there is a reason she is how she is?
I know my sister who lives 20 mins drive away from my parents feels it, she has a 5yr old and 7yr old and says now they're no longer babies and have their own minds my parents find it really hard to deal with. They love it if there's something 'special' (though aren't all babies special?), one of my sisters kids had lots of developmental issues and he was def the favourite for a long time. However all attention now seems to be focused on my super-special babies and I can hear in my head the kind of thing my mum is saying to her friends (she loved a 'victim' which is partly why we never told them about this journey till after they event). Even now my dad is concerned as they've booked flights to go to their apartment in Spain for the first 2 weeks in Jan (booked before I told them) which is very close to due date, they'll be very cheap budget flights yet they're fretting over whether to go because I'll be due so soon after but they've paid for the flights so don't want to lose. I've told them just to go if they're so concerned over it but we have the conversation every couple of weeks! They have this weird combination of Glaswegian / catholic guilt about EVERYTHING! That said aside from that they've been very supportive so far and MIL is very kind, with the loss of SIL so recently it's nice for her to have something positive to focus on. Sorry I'm rambling, it's 4:30am and I'm awake!! x

Families, you can't choose them hey. It's very sad how unsupportive some people can be, I've got my fair share of those people too but I spend as little time with them as I can, I do my bit and move on. It was having too much of an impact on my well being and was just not worth it. Unfortunately I lost my mum not long ago but I have a wonderful MIL who takes care of me so I am very lucky.

I am 8dp5dt and I caved in and took a test this morning. It has a faint second line. Too faint for my likings I was hoping to see something a bit more punchy at this stage. This happened last time when I had a chemical the only thing that's different is i am not spotting or bleeding. I was cramping a bit last night which started worrying me so now I've no idea how this cycle has gone. Did any of you ladies get a faint line at this stage? I guess I have to wait for blood results tomorrow to get more of a clear answer.

X

Hey Pinkie, a faint line is still a faint line! Stay positive but it sounds like good news to me! I think my clinic told me to wait til 13 days post transfer and I had day 5 blasts, my first test wasn't that strong (can depend on the brand) and I'm 23 weeks now with twins! Really excited to hear your blood test results tomorrow! xx

Thanks PC that's a little reassuring. There is a line so there must be some hcg in my urine, i just hope it means a pregnancy and not another chemical. I am up super early tomorrow for my blood test so I get same day results. Anyone know what number I am looking for to be good news?

I just read my notes and it says to test with blood tomorrow or urine on weds 21st i didn't realise I was so many days out.

I am staying positive, i am not out yet xx

Families, you can't choose them hey. It's very sad how unsupportive some people can be, I've got my fair share of those people too but I spend as little time with them as I can, I do my bit and move on. It was having too much of an impact on my well being and was just not worth it. Unfortunately I lost my mum not long ago but I have a wonderful MIL who takes care of me so I am very lucky.

I am 8dp5dt and I caved in and took a test this morning. It has a faint second line. Too faint for my likings I was hoping to see something a bit more punchy at this stage. This happened last time when I had a chemical the only thing that's different is i am not spotting or bleeding. I was cramping a bit last night which started worrying me so now I've no idea how this cycle has gone. Did any of you ladies get a faint line at this stage? I guess I have to wait for blood results tomorrow to get more of a clear answer.

X
Yes I did Pinkie and then I waited until later took another on and dark Pink lines! :happydance:

Hi Everyone!

2have: I was way more sensitive right having my babies because my hormones were all over the place! After having both kids she came and did squat! DD=She went shopping at Mall and left my sun room cracked during storm and flood my car after she locked herself out! She call my Hubby and we were dealing with newborn stresses and he was pissed and told her to call AAA. DS: Had 1st C-section and she did squat to help and I had to get supportive belt and do everything! Her only job was to take K to school which you could see from house and she would ask where is the school! What I don't get is she worked and retired from a large company as a Business consultant but then comes to our house as a clueless person! She can't even microwave dinner! She won't drive anywhere and wants to be chauffeured to all the malls. Hubby calls her Grandma Clueless!

I am sorry your Mother is being nasty and it is her loss because your daughter is beautiful! I hope she comes around!

PC: Hope things work out for you too! They miss out on all their little personalities as they grow!

Thanks PC that's a little reassuring. There is a line so there must be some hcg in my urine, i just hope it means a pregnancy and not another chemical. I am up super early tomorrow for my blood test so I get same day results. Anyone know what number I am looking for to be good news?

I just read my notes and it says to test with blood tomorrow or urine on weds 21st i didn't realise I was so many days out.

I am staying positive, i am not out yet xx

X
Yes I did Pinkie and then I waited until later took another on and dark Pink lines! :happydance:

garnet this is great, thank you. I am starting to feel much better about things

X

Hi
Sorry I've been on to catch people's news but just to let you know Tommy was born on Friday at 932am weighing 6lb 13oz. Home for him at the moment is the neonatal icu as he had to have an operation Saturday morning to correct a problem with his oesophagus and windpipe, called a TOF. We've had a scary and very emotional few days but he has taken milk today in his tube and is in the best place so keeping everything crossed. image.jpg
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->