Induction.

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I've been booked for induction in the morning due to lack of movement, it's happened a few times so they've decided it would be best to get baby out now.

Any experiences of inductions stories, please throw them my way...for example, what should I expect etc! :)

I havnt as you know hun but just wanted to wish you all the best. Did they do a sweep for you or say how favourable you are? Either way it's best for bubba. Be thinking of you.x

No Hun nothing like that, they just said it's time for him to come out now :)

Aw huge good luck hun im excited for you !!
Stalking mummy to be :)

I was due today but was induced on the 11th due to no growth within 3 weeks. I went in at 1pm,had a stretch and sweep at 2,monitored til 6 then took to labour ward for my waters to be broke. They broke my waters at 7.45pm and said they'd leave me for 4 hours to see if I started contracting on my own,I started instantly. Contractions became painful at 10pm so started using the gas and air. By 11pm I started to feel pressure and at 11.11pm I started pushing. I pushed for exactly 1 minute and out she popped! 3 and a half hours from start to finish.This is the second time I've been induced in 5 pregnancies and both have been quick and easy, first induction lasted 4 and a half hours and I had the drip at that time too which made contractions a lot more painful but I managed again on just gas and air.

Lots of luck for tomorrow! Will be checking for an update xxx

No experience but very best of luck, I'll be thinking of you, please come back and update when you can xxx

Good luck - don't forget a last bump pic tonight/tomorrow. Looking forward to an update soon.
Xx

Good luck. Excited for you think we had the same due date of 27th :) no signs of imminent labour for me yet. Midwife on Tuesday so hoping for some progress then or will be opting for a sweep. Looking forward to hearing your birth story, hope it all goes swiftly for you X

Thank you ladies

Managed to get some ok sleep last night but I am wide awake now feeling very nervous!

I will take a bump pic and post soon :)

Hey good luck. I hope everything is fine.
I didn't get induced in the end but u hear things are sped up. Don't worry about a thing :hugs:

also stalking Mummytobe! Good luck I am sure you will do beautifully :flower:

Good luck, looking forward to hearing your good news soon :hugs:

Good luck! Hope all is going well. I was induced this time for similar reasons to you and it was a great experience. 2 hours 21 minutes after contractions properly started she was born, gas and air and birthing pool. A waaaay better experience compared to my first induction. They used the propess pessary this time which seemed to work much better for me than the gel they used last time.
Look forward to seeing your birth story :) Xxx

Good luck!

I was induced last time and it went easy and straightforward. Tablet at night, broke my waters in the morning and went straight into active labor, DD came around 6 hrs later. Overall very positive although I did get the epidural 5 hrs in or so lol!

How are you doing?
I was offered an induction due to lack of movement, declined, and then the next day given a sweep due to being 40+ weeks, lack of movement and low amniotic fluid.
I went into labor about 18 hours later.
I needed pitocin because nothing was moving along during the labor.
I hope your delivery goes smooth and quick! I'm waiting to see some cute baby cheeks!!!

I've been given the pessary thing, and they will examine me again in 24 hours if I don't go into labour before that.

Im really hoping I start contracting before then! I feel so emotional and scared!

Good luck. Awww don't be scared,that's what they gave my cousin and she actually gave birth 6 hours later. They even refused to examine her until she was ready to push as they said it wouldn't work that quick so you never know...... Fingers crossed you have a quick labour xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->