Infertility Support

tbaby

Reaction score
I was diagnosed unexplained infertility with a list of reasons why I couldn't get pregnant. It was so hard. IVF/IUI were not a choice for me because all the medications would be to hard for my healing body. I tried everything from chaste tree berry to soy, acupuncture, less stress. I still had my 60 day cycles and nothing I did changed that. Hearing that my egg will not be good when I ovulated at day 45 or so did not help. It tore me up inside even more. I felt if there was this one lucky time where I finally caught the egg, well it would not be good anyways. In Jan 2010 and April 2010 I got pregnant and sadly miscarried both before 6 weeks. At this point I had given up all hope we would have our first child together. The pain and the heartache I couldn't hide from my DH anymore. He saw it and he heard it often. We went to the IVF clinic in August to get testing done and finally hear our options.. I had a scan and it showed lots of eggs and everything looked normal. I was happy, but at the same time devastated because there was no reason for my infertility. We had dh sperm tested it was better than normal. So I just gave up. I decided it wasn't going to ever happen. I went in Nov to a naturopath because I was tired of not getting help.. She testing me for new allergies that are slow reacting and I ended up having an allergy to both brewers and bakers yeast, which in the end means candida imbalance. I was shocked that after all these years in pain, no one had tested me for this. I instantly stopped having sugar and processed foods. Eventually my diet became just meat and veggies and some fruits. I lost 21 lbs. I started to feel better, but it wasn't helping my infertility. So I did some reading felt like maybe my ovaries were working but maybe there were not. So I decided to contact a nurtrionist. I had my first consult it went well. I was eating just great. Was getting ready to test my body for metal toxicity. I started to read about melatonin and how it improves egg quality and how it may help with infertility. These were new studies I was shocked. So I went out and bought some.. About 5 days later, I ovulated. It felt different. My ovaries were hurting for over a week. I was finally relieved that the egg released. I knew this cycle wouldnt be it. But I had made up in my mind. It was this cycle or possibly next or I am done trying. I was bloating and I just got rid of my candida imbalance and couldnt figure out why. Then I had a few spots of blood. I knew it was to early for af. So a couple days later at 13 dpo I was shocked as I took a test and it was positive. I even asked my husband if he saw the clear dark line. What really worked for me? I think my diet was a huge thing for me. Food has so many different things in it we dont know about. I also think the melatonin may have worked as well, but I will never know. 20 long months and 8 very long cycle and I finally had a scan and everything looks great even a beautiful heartbeat.

I know the struggles and heartaches of infertility. I would love to make a support group for others and help support other woman going through the very same thing I did.

what a lovely post tbaby and very inspiring. As you know, ive been ttc unsuccessfully past 13yrs. Hubbys sa is good, im ovulating and things seem normal. Waiting on a hycosy to check my tubes.....i kno the answer must lye there! Would be good to give/recieve support here. Infertility is a very heartbreaking and frustrating thing to deal with and it helps to share the anguish with others who understand

It is very hard. I wonder if I honestly was ovulating the whole time. It hurt, I felt I might be, however this last time was much different.

so happy for u tbaby...i hope we all get our happy ending. All these lovely ladies deserve it so much and having to wait for that bfp just makes it for special when you do get it!

I was diagnosed unexplained infertility with a list of reasons why I couldn't get pregnant. It was so hard. IVF/IUI were not a choice for me because all the medications would be to hard for my healing body. I tried everything from chaste tree berry to soy, acupuncture, less stress. I still had my 60 day cycles and nothing I did changed that. Hearing that my egg will not be good when I ovulated at day 45 or so did not help. It tore me up inside even more. I felt if there was this one lucky time where I finally caught the egg, well it would not be good anyways. In Jan 2010 and April 2010 I got pregnant and sadly miscarried both before 6 weeks. At this point I had given up all hope we would have our first child together. The pain and the heartache I couldn't hide from my DH anymore. He saw it and he heard it often. We went to the IVF clinic in August to get testing done and finally hear our options.. I had a scan and it showed lots of eggs and everything looked normal. I was happy, but at the same time devastated because there was no reason for my infertility. We had dh sperm tested it was better than normal. So I just gave up. I decided it wasn't going to ever happen. I went in Nov to a naturopath because I was tired of not getting help.. She testing me for new allergies that are slow reacting and I ended up having an allergy to both brewers and bakers yeast, which in the end means candida imbalance. I was shocked that after all these years in pain, no one had tested me for this. I instantly stopped having sugar and processed foods. Eventually my diet became just meat and veggies and some fruits. I lost 21 lbs. I started to feel better, but it wasn't helping my infertility. So I did some reading felt like maybe my ovaries were working but maybe there were not. So I decided to contact a nurtrionist. I had my first consult it went well. I was eating just great. Was getting ready to test my body for metal toxicity. I started to read about melatonin and how it improves egg quality and how it may help with infertility. These were new studies I was shocked. So I went out and bought some.. About 5 days later, I ovulated. It felt different. My ovaries were hurting for over a week. I was finally relieved that the egg released. I knew this cycle wouldnt be it. But I had made up in my mind. It was this cycle or possibly next or I am done trying. I was bloating and I just got rid of my candida imbalance and couldnt figure out why. Then I had a few spots of blood. I knew it was to early for af. So a couple days later at 13 dpo I was shocked as I took a test and it was positive. I even asked my husband if he saw the clear dark line. What really worked for me? I think my diet was a huge thing for me. Food has so many different things in it we dont know about. I also think the melatonin may have worked as well, but I will never know. 20 long months and 8 very long cycle and I finally had a scan and everything looks great even a beautiful heartbeat.

I know the struggles and heartaches of infertility. I would love to make a support group for others and help support other woman going through the very same thing I did.

What an inspiting story! thanks you sharing it! you´re an example of not giving up! Im so happy for your pregnancy! :hugs:

Keep us posted, with your pregnancy! best of luck!

Thank you. How long have you been trying?

Well, this is the first month we will start trying! I will leave in July for a month to the USA to take care of my mom who´s having a hip surgery, so I hope we can make it possible by then, so I shop baby stuff there! I know it´s not easy, but who knows?? :haha:

Hows your pregnancy doing? already with nauseas, and stuff?? :flower:

It is not bad. Just a little nausea. I have homeopathic medicine to make the nausea go away. Which has helped a lot. Otherwise I feel great.

It is not bad. Just a little nausea. I have homeopathic medicine to make the nausea go away. Which has helped a lot. Otherwise I feel great.

glad to know that after all you feel great! :D

I feel nauseas too, but that is because of the medication my doctor told me to take, because of my polichistic ovaries :cry:

I know someone who had a baby after having PCOS for many years. There is hope. Change your diet and go gluten free. I heard people with PCOS need to be gluten free. Grain free is better.

I know someone who had a baby after having PCOS for many years. There is hope. Change your diet and go gluten free. I heard people with PCOS need to be gluten free. Grain free is better.

Well, I got yesterday an appointment with a different gyno.. he really excouraged me! he checked my blood tests, my ultrasounds, and he said that my case is not severe, and that if I ovulate, I shouldnt have to worry. He said Im healthy, in good physical shape, and that I should stop taking those pills, try, and that if in 3 months I dont get pregnant, then I should go and see him again.

he explained that having PCOS just makes things harder, but not impossible! so lets see what happens this month! :flower:

Thank you for your comment, BTW, I feel much better! :hugs:

Thats good to have positive support for a doctor! I ovulated too and am very healthy so dont give up..!

yeah! the doctor thank God had a good sense of humour. He said that Im getting too paranoid. He asked me how long are my cycles, and I told him always 35 days and always 14 days before AF I feel I ovulate. He asked me what I feel and see, and when I told him, he said, there you go, you ovulate, so dont worry, just have a lot of sex!

So I have my ov predictor kit ready to start texting in about 10, 8 days or so! :)

The other doctor, practically said it was something impossible for me... so, maybe getting an appointment with another doctor and get some other opinions can help :)

hi Pola :wave: how long have u been ttc?
It might be a good idea to ask your dr to do a progesterone test on you 7 days after ovulation. That and temping are the only sure ways to know if you are ovulating....if ur not then theres plenty that can be done for you. I would hate u to go another 3 months if ur not. :hugs: do you temp? Its good because u can pinpoint ovulation (after its happened) but i find it adds to the whole obsession lol. Wish u all the best

i agree with my buddy dreamqueen. we know so much about temping. i did it the whole 20 months ttc. let me tell ya..it wasworth it. check fertilityfriend.com

hi Pola :wave: how long have u been ttc?
It might be a good idea to ask your dr to do a progesterone test on you 7 days after ovulation. That and temping are the only sure ways to know if you are ovulating....if ur not then theres plenty that can be done for you. I would hate u to go another 3 months if ur not. :hugs: do you temp? Its good because u can pinpoint ovulation (after its happened) but i find it adds to the whole obsession lol. Wish u all the best

Hi dreamqueen! this is actually my first month TTC, but I made some appointments with my doctor since february, to make sure, Im healthy and in shape to conceive! :D
Well, I got a blood test before AF to check my progesterone... and also an ultrasound... the coolest thing, is that, while I was getting my ultrasound, the doctor showed my right ovarie, and said that, it looks I might get my AF soon, because it looks like when a folic (sp? sorry, first language is spanish) was releasing, and he said that if im getting that egg white thing and all other syntoms, he said I shouldnt worry, but Im trying those ovulation predictors test! my dr said it was actually the best idea I had, that it would help me a lot!

As for temp, I dont do it, because Im lazy, and because I always forget things, so today I can remember, but tomorrow I might forget! :haha:

Thanks for all those recommendations! Maybe I should try hard to remember and temp! :flower:

i agree with my buddy dreamqueen. we know so much about temping. i did it the whole 20 months ttc. let me tell ya..it wasworth it. check fertilityfriend.com

ok ok ok girls! you just convinced me! I should buy those digital things to temp, because Im not good reading the traditional ones! lol! :haha:

So... today I did some research of the causes of PCOS, and seems that its all about rejecting insulin and stuff like that, that for me is hard to express in english! lol! :haha:
So it all makes sense now! I will start looking for non gluten recipes, but lemme tell ya, it´ll be hard for me to quit some stuff from my diet! :pizza:

But... will start the day after tomorrow! because, as the 17th is my birthday (27, uh oh!), DH planned a small party for me, with pizza and my fave cake... so, I will eat all that that I love oooone last time! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->