Insomnia at 5 wks!!

Canada8

3rd tri yah baby!
Reaction score
Hey all, it is 1:30am est and I can't sleep! Between getting up every 30 mins to pee and just staring into space, I am getting not sleep! Is this normal? Has this happened to anyone else?

YES.
My mind starts racing. I just hit 6 weeks and I finally got a good sleep in (extra stuff was on my mind, not just the embryo) but I also tried one Unisom before bed and that knocked me on my bum just enough to make me rest a few nights ago.

I can't sleep either. Mind won't switch off and every little twinge makes me anxious. Then I have to get up to check I'm not bleeding. Am totally irrational and absolutely exhausted.

yea perfectly normal, i didnt sleep much around that time either it does get better though well not the needing to pee evey hour bit, then when you do sleep you will get weird dreams and i mean weird!:thumbup:

Welcome to pregnancy!!!! I have always said that I spent the 9 months of pregnancy preparing for being up all hours of the night because I couldn't sleep!!!

Thankfully, I'm only getting up twice a night now to pee and my sleeping is getting a bit more restful again!

Yeppers!!! and I still haven't had a good night sleep since it started at around 5 weeks. I don't lay awake thinkign about baby and twinges... but i can't seem to stay in a good sleep. I do get vivid dreams, but im contantly tossing and turning or feeling achy, restless, or sometimes its m/s keeping me up.

Most nights when im tossing and turning and feeling restless... i just think its baby padding his or her arms about keeping mommy awake. I'm sure that has nothing to do with it, but its a comforting thought.

Yep, drove me almost mad being awake all night and then so tired during the day.
Thankfully, the insomnia only lasted around a week and now I can sleep any time. In fact, I may take a nap right now :sleep:

I have it too. I can always fall asleep just fine... I haven't started waking up to go to the bathroom yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->