International bumps to be!

Expatt some women get faint lines in the opk's for their entire cycle. The main thing is to get 2 dark lines in them. Then you know you're O.

Xx

OPKs don't work the same as HPTs expat :)

OPKs detect LH and we have LH in our systems all the time [the OPK only detects the spike in LH that forces the follicle to release the egg at ovulation]

It's completely normal to have a faint line on them though. You'll notice that they'll start getting darker before they become positive! A positive is when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line!

Well ladies, doctor gave me an Rx for provera [to start my period] she doesn't think that I actually ovulated this cycle :confused: so she wants to force my period and do a 150mg Clomid cycle for December.

Everything else is normal...she made me do a pregnancy test in office though [because I'm CD37 of a 31 day cycle] Of course it was negative; but for the briefest of moments my heart fluttered a little because the nurse took forever to bring the results back....I mean, stranger things have happened but I was only a little sad that they were negative.

She said that my liver and kidney function is good, my thyroid is still chugging along and my glucose was good on the Metformin! So all is well.

I wrote a really nasty email to FRER the other day about their crap tests; I still haven't heard back but those damn tests looked so convincingly positive....

Eeks - sorry I realize I wasn't as clear as I should have been.

I meant I was getting almost three lines - one where the normal/neutral one should be, and two - one light (getting darker) with a slim edge almost like another line that is dark.

Basically, the line that I am watching to see when it changes, it often leaves a slim evap edge that is as dark as the test line -- through my entire cycle.

It's only beside that evap edge that I get the pink that progressively gets darker, which is frustrating. I miss the happy face ones! Must find them online - Stucki, thanks so much as well for sending the link for the bbt online.

This morning however, it looks like we're there with the opk! Both lines, even with that silly evap edge, are dark! Fingers crossed DH is up for some daaaaaancing :)

Stuck - glad you to hear your apmnt went ok, how do you feel about the next round of clomid? good for you re the email to frer, sometimes these it helps to have a good old rant!

expat - go catch the eggy :winkwink:

dusty - hoping to hear some fab news from your apmnt too!!!

x

RJ - there is a heartbeat:cloud9: And maybe another baby sitting in the corner, but the doc couldn't find the heart beat there. She said this might be because of the position, so while I'm happy about the strong heartbeat of one baby, I so hope that the little bean sitting in the corner will also have a heartbeat next time I go there. To me, it only takes one u/s to already feel close to them, so I don't want to lose either of them anymore. Not sure, so happy and still worrying at the same right now:happydance::shrug:

RJ - there is a heartbeat:cloud9: And maybe another baby sitting in the corner, but the doc couldn't find the heart beat there. She said this might be because of the position, so while I'm happy about the strong heartbeat of one baby, I so hope that the little bean sitting in the corner will also have a heartbeat next time I go there. To me, it only takes one u/s to already feel close to them, so I don't want to lose either of them anymore. Not sure, so happy and still worrying at the same right now:happydance::shrug:

i'm so pleased for you!!!!!!!! :cloud9: lots of strong positive vibes being sent your way honey. did they give a edd or a estimated date in wks/days? I completely agree - i think even seeing pink lines makes you close to them! huge congrats again :kiss:

x

I'm 6 weeks along, so that's pretty far away from the 12 weeks mark to be save yet. But it does feel right, for some reason.:thumbup:

I'm 6 weeks along, so that's pretty far away from the 12 weeks mark to be sure yet. But it does feel right, for some reason.:thumbup:

brilliant - keep a hold of that feeling and don't let it go!!! xxxxx

Hello, I'm barging in ladies! Good morning! How is everyone?
Madrid- how does soy work?

Aww dusty!! So happy for you!! Praying you'll be seeing both hb next time.
Twins!! How lovely!!

Gabby it works like clomid. You take it at the beginning of your cycle. Cd1-5,2-6,3-7 or 5-9.

X

Dusty - great news! Twins would be amazing, but just one sticky bean reason enough to celebrate! FXd for h & h 9 months!

Gabby - I noticed in your signature that you have 2 girls, 7&9 - have two boys the same age! What made you decide to TTC again after the gap? Did you conceive the first two without problems?

Hope everybody else is doing well!

Crissik- Yes, with my first 2 we weren't even trying. Then I got on the mirena iud for 7 years. I felt like if I wanted to try for a boy, now was the time as I'm not getting any younger. :) I had my iud removed June 8th and thought for sure it would "just happen"....oh how much I took for granted when it was so easy and didn't even realize it. It's only been 6 months, but still. When it does happen though, I know it'll be that much sweeter.
How about you? How long did it take for you to conceive? Were you on bc during your gap? What made you decide to try for another? Sorry the million ?????'s Anyway, it's nice to meet you!:flower:

p.s. do you know what you're having????

Aww dusty!! So happy for you!! Praying you'll be seeing both hb next time.
Twins!! How lovely!!

Gabby it works like clomid. You take it at the beginning of your cycle. Cd1-5,2-6,3-7 or 5-9.

X

Do you have to get it from your doc?

Hello there! I'm finally back in Madrid. Got back on monday afternoon.

Went to my obgyn today. She's pretty sure I have PCOS, but is gonna run some tests first, so I'm having a scan on the 9th and blood work done. She prescribed me with Ovusitol (inositol and folic acid) which is meant to help PCOS. I asked her if she would not precribe me anything else for ovulation and she said she would, but my husband would have to get a seminogram first just to make sure I'm not taking medication for no reason. He has his appointment with the urologist on the 12th.

Now we just have to wait...

I have to love the spanish health service!!! You are in the right path molly!

Gabby you can buy from a store like walmart. It isn't a "medicine" as such.

Xx

Gabby -
When our second son was 6 months old, my eldest was diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome. It was a dark, stressful time and my husband said we were done with kids and had a vasectomy. The next 5 years we concentrated on treating Autism, things got a lot better and my wish for a third child got stronger. Friends and family went on to have - wanted and unwanted - children and every time I would cry, and when my sister had her 3rd I even became depressed.
Finally my husband agreed to have a reversal. While that was scheduled and while he healed I did a lot of things to increase my egg quality and started monitoring ovulation (every egg gone seemed like a waste!) So when we started trying it took us only 4 months, but it felt like a 5 year journey came to an end!

Chrissik- what did you do to take charge of your fertility? I've only done opks and they seem to not be helping as I have bd on all the right days the past 3 cycles! I'm irregular though from the mirena removal. I feel the same way! Everyone around me is haveing babies and weren't trying for them. My 2 neighbors were pg at the same time and have newborns so I see pg bellies and babies and it makes me want it more. My hubs is getting used to the idea finally. Lol.

Gabby -
I did a couple of no-brainers: eat organic, no alcohol/caffeine/artificial sweetner, exercise regularly and attain an ideal BMI (I actually exercised less, coming down from running a marathon). I monitored CM and used a salivascope which proved more reliable than any ovulation kits. And then I drank one cup of FertiliTea every day for 3 months to strengthen my uterus. And this shortened my cycles from about 33 days to 28-29.

Hi ladies!!

It's so quiet around here!!!

Stucki I'm so sorry you didn't O this month. Has your af already started? Are you taking clomid?

I'm gonna share my ds drawing with you all! He's so lovely!!

Attachments

• IMG_0432.jpg
    IMG_0432.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 8
hi everyone! been meaning to post for the last two days and every time i try i don't get the chance to finish!

hope you are all doing well! it's been a nasty wk at work and am so glad it's friday! had my flu jab today after much deliberation and so far so good.....

Gabby - hi! i have a son and step son at similar ages (8 & 10) here's hoping you catch that eggie soon

Madrid - that pic is adorable, what a lovely ds!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->