• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Introduce your VIP (Very Important Preemie!)

Introducing Reece Lee Barrie born at 25+6 weeks weighing 2lb 1oz due to prom due to Group B strep, He is now 2 months old and currently in the high dependency unit at Simpsons Neonatal unit in Edinburgh, He has had a good run, he caught group b strep at 10 days old which knocked him really bad, Right now he is still needing support with his oxygen but hoping this resolves soon, his due date is fast approaching in 6 weeks time, looking forward to getting off the rollercoaster and getting him home. :)
Congratulations! We've quite a few Simpson's graduates in here. How are you doing?

Introducing Taylor Halle :happydance:

Taylor Halle was born on Monday, July 25th at 35+2. She weighted 2 lb 8 oz and was 14 inches long.

Since then, she has been on room air, no oxygen or assistance required. She has been feeding from a bottle like a champ, and we may have the IVs removed in a few days. While a little jaundice, she has been doing amazingly!! DH and I are over the moon :happydance::happydance:

They believe her size is pretty much due to my small placenta and a tiny umbilical cord (thickness of a pencil when she was born). She's a fighter and doing great. She has no idea she is so small, just a feisty little thing.

Thanks to all of the preemie parents who have offered so much support to me over the past few weeks. :flower:

Attachments

• IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 20
Auntbug!!! Congratulations!(I did a "wow" out loud lol) how AMAZING!

Hello I'm Kelly a newbie. I have a lil girl called Kamara who was born at 28weeks and 6 days weighing 1lb 8.5oz(700g)
She spent 8 weeks in scbu and in now 13 weeks old(2 weeks corrected) and doing fab. She sailed through the unit without any major problems, a couple of blood transfusions is all.
She is now 5lb 8oz

Kamara in nicu https://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x98/kelly6407/th_image.jpg

Kamara yesterday
https://emob186.photobucket.com/albums/x98/kelly6407/image-1.jpg?t=1313319726

Hi i'm new here but my little girl Ella Nicole was born at 29 weeks on the 23rd of April, she weighed 2Ilbs 5oz and was in NICU for 6 weeks, but is home and doing amazingly! :)

Attachments

• 216276_10150225922481874_789626873_8444922_3068444_n.jpg
    216276_10150225922481874_789626873_8444922_3068444_n.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 20
To Kelly and Mommyosborne, congrats on your early arrivals. May they continue to astound you with their fighting spirit and make you truly happy.

Hello All,
Just wanted to let you know that I had baby Joel on Friday the 19th August. He weighted 3lbs 7oz (34 +2) and has been doing really well in Neo Natal. He is already off CPAP and into a heated cot. It is hard having a baby in neo natal but I am hoping he won't be in there until his due date. The expressing is a bit of a nightmare though as I cannot keep up with this schedule. I only seem to produce 20ml each time no matter what I try. I will do what I can but I think I will switch to bottle when he is ready to be fed properly coz I just want him healthy and home.
Ax

Congrats on Ur little boy. He sounds like he's doing great, he probably wnt be in there to his due date by the sounds of it.
My little girl was home at 37 weeks weighing 3lb 10 after 8 weeks in nnu, as long as he's feeding, gaining weight and needing no help then they won't keep him in.
Don't worry about the expressing, it's very hard work to fit it in and keep it going. I did great with it getting 140mls+ everytime I expressed but she was still needing to grow alot so she came home on formula and express milk mix, but I couldn't keep expressing with her home cause I had no spare time to do it. I had a huge supply stored and she's still on it even though I stopped expressing a month ago. I think she's got enough for another month or so but then she'll be on full formula.
Hope he gets home quick and sails through the nnu

Hi i'm new here but my little girl Ella Nicole was born at 29 weeks on the 23rd of April, she weighed 2Ilbs 5oz and was in NICU for 6 weeks, but is home and doing amazingly! :)

Welcome. :hugs:

My wee girl was 29 weeks on the 27th April (but in 2009) and she was in for 6 weeks too!

Glad you are all doing well.

hi this is my story...... i started having pains and braxton and hicks contractions so i thought for about a month from about 25 weeks and pains through my cervix ext and i felt like i was going to go into labour very soon for some strange reason but my midwifes tld me it was normal i then lost a little of my plug kind of egg white with a little pink in and i called hospital this was at 29 + 6 weeks they said just come in to be on the safe side so i did and when i was examed they told me i was 3-4 cm dilated and they could see my waters bulging i broke into tears as i was on my own and didnt know what it all ment they told me i woudnt be going anywhere and they admitted me they gave me steriod shots and tablets to stop labour and they wanted me to rest and to be observed well they then did a scan and found my lil monster was footling breech and where my waters were bulging they couldnt send me home because if my wateres went his cord could slip down and cut of his oxygen supply i was terrified they said i would be staying in hospital until either my waters broke or untill i was about 37 weeks OMG i was in limbo land but just so scrarred and wanted my precious baby to be ok.......any way 6 days passed and i had a few contractions and stabbing pains through cervix nothing mad and i then had a bloody show with bright red in and jelly like so i told them and they seemed a lil concerned tey said if i feel wet let them know i was then sat there on monitor and felt a trickle i thought ohh my god it cant be....... and i went to the loo and the water wouldnt stop dripping i was so worried coz if the cord slipped i would have to be put under general to have my baby i was rushed down to labour and my waters went fully i went in for csection and my lil miracle baby boy was born on the 24.7.2011 weighing a good 3pound13 6 weeks ago and he went straight to nicu where they were brill he was on oxygn for a while and in incubator wiht lots of wires in him but 4 weeks later we got to take our miracle home he did that well still 6 weeks premature :) :) :) im sat here now with him and he is doing great eyes fine ears fine just a bit of reflux problems had him home 2 weeks now and loving it...its a hard emotional road with good and bad days but all i want to say is its amazing what they can do these days my lil boy is just perfect :) layton ray xxxxx

Congratulations to you all & all your VIP are gorgeous & strong :D..

Had a small tear in my eye when I was reading all your stories

My beautiful son was born Friday, 9/9/11! After 10 long weeks on bed rest he made his arrival at 30 weeks gestation. He weighs 3 lbs 11 oz and is 15 inches long (my little shorty). He needed cpap for the first two days but then they gave him surfactant and has been on nasal cannulas since and only needing 22% O2. He had jaundice but that quickly resolved with bili lights. He has started gavauge feeds and is up to 15cc of breast milk every 3 hrs and is doing great. I am on cloud nine and couldn't be happier!

Congratulations on your little rainbow elijah4 :happydance:

Thanks to all who shared your stories.

Vermeil, was your baby on the jet ventilator when you held him? I have a friend who was told that she can't hold her baby until she's on the cpap, it's already been 4 weeks...

Hi all!

I've been lurking here forever and I decided it was about time I started posting!

My little girl Adele was born at 35+1, 2.65kg/5lb 13oz. My pregnancy was uneventful and we still have no idea why she arrived early. She breathed well and maintained a good temp right from the start, so we managed to bypass NICU and spent 2 weeks together in the maternity ward instead. It was initially a bit of a struggle to establish BF because she was so sleepy. She had to be topped up by NG tube at first and supplemented with donor milk, but she was determined and by the time we left hospital all her feeds were straight from me.

She's now 3 months and just over 11lb and still exclusively BF. She's very curious about everything and gives us lots of smiles.

I'm in awe of everyone here who came through NICU. You and your babies are absolutely incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->