• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Introduce your VIP (Very Important Preemie!)

Hi all, I have been lurking round this forum for ages now but never actually got round to registering or posting so thought I'd do so today and introduce my little VIPs!

My little bundles of Joy Alexa Megan and Owen Morgan were born on 2nd January 2011 at 28 weeks 4 days old. Alexa weighed 1lb 15 1/2 and Owen was 2lb 8.

Owen progress well throught ITU through to nursery and Alexa wasn't too far behind. They were allowed home on 21st March, 3 days before their due date Alexa weighing 4lb 13 and Owen 6lb 12.

They have come on leaps and bounds since then and are both very active and noisy babies!

They were fed exclusively on my breastmilk whilst in hospital and I coutinued expressing up until last month so their weight gain hasn't been overly great. Alexa is now on infantrini to try and speed up her weight gain and they are both on a high protein/fat diet on the advice of the dietician. Have another appointment with her tomorrow so hopefully we will see some progress with regard to Alexa's weight as last time she was weighed she was still only 10lb 13 and still off the centile chart even on corrected age! Owen is doing much better though and was 14lb 15 last weigh in (2 weeks ago) so there is not too much concern regarding him.

We have their 9 month check up with the consultant on Thursday so I'm hoping everything is as it should be.

I love reading through all your stories and the advice and hope that I get from reading all your posts has really helped over the last few months. Thank you all :)

BTW I tried posting some pics of the twins but it says that I cant do it until I have made 10 posts so will try to upload at a later time!!

Hi gemfrel! I can see your duo on your profile pic, congratulations!!!!!

Ps: check you out yummy mummy!!!!!

Hi and welcome! You all look fabulous!

Congratulations on your little rainbow elijah4 :happydance:

atomicpink: Thank you. Zion is my tiny rainbow baby. He truly is a gift from heaven. I know his big brother Elijah is looking down on him and always protecting him. He has is very own angel! I never thought I would ever feel joy after Elijah passed. He must have known a special rainbow would bring back joy and happiness to our family. I wish he was here to celebrate with us :cry: but I know he is watching over us.

Thank you again. It means a lot that you noticed he is our rainbow. It is acknowledging my Elijah and that means soooo much :happydance: Thank you!

Introducing my VIP!

William James was born at 35+5 weeks on Sept 19th (exactly 30 days early), 6.2lbs, 20inches.

He didn't have to spend any time in the NICU, but he did have trouble with his weight and had really high bilirubin levels. We had to stay in the hospital for 5 days. He lost 12% of his birth weight and was confined to the bilipad. It was rough for me and my DH. But as of one week old he's 5lbs 12oz and his levels are down to 11!

https://i54.tinypic.com/20j3cxt.jpg

Congrats! Glad he could come home with you and is doing well.

I had my baby girl 5 weeks in advance do to preclamsie, during a routine check up twe found out that I was getting kidney failure so they decided to induce me..

We where really scared,hoping that the baby was ok since there where problems with the blood flow in the cord... Being induced isnt the easiest birth but we had our tiny 3 pounds girl who ended up to be perfect, just small..

She had to stay 3 weeks in the nursery, we had a hard time breast feeding and had to switch to bottles since she doesnt have enough energy to feed propely and due to other complications.. but now shes doing good, we are at home and happy.. :)

heres our little Elia
https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff216/pinkjoelle/3emephotoaout2011.jpg

and now:
https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff216/pinkjoelle/IMG_0673-1.jpg

Lydia Caitlyn Anthony was born on 15th July 2011 at 29+4 weighing 2lb 14oz She had a foetal maternal heamorage and was born with a HB of 2. I had stomach pains and reduced movements and the decision by the mid wife in the day unit to refer me after hearing her heart beat and feeling her move saved my little girl's life.

My angel spent 8 weeks in SCBU and has auditory neurothapy which means shes deaf in both ears.

I am grateful everyday that my miracle survived the heamorage which often leads to miscarriage.

https://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac74/a_monkey_hint/Lydia/474.jpg
1 week old 23/07/11

https://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac74/a_monkey_hint/Lydia/551.jpg
Going home 9/09/11

https://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac74/a_monkey_hint/Lydia/P1000740.jpg
2 months old

Welcome newbies. I hope you are doing well and taking care of yourselves. :hugs:

Lovely pictures Pink!

Charlie, we have another mum here who has a LO with hearing problems. MarleysGirl may well be along with some fab advice.

Thanks Foogirl, Marlseygirl has given me lots of support and good advice. We're just waiting for more tests now to find out more about the support Lydia needs x

Thanks to all who shared your stories.

Vermeil, was your baby on the jet ventilator when you held him? I have a friend who was told that she can't hold her baby until she's on the cpap, it's already been 4 weeks...

Hello hamiltonsj! I checked my pictures and my baby was on cpap when I was able to hold him. The rules are a bit different everywhere; at our hospital he had to weigh 800 grams, which he reached around day 22. As for cpap or ventilation he switched between the two (and high-frequency oscillation) for months so I can't tell you for sure that he was always on cpap when we held him. But I can see how the rigid ventilation tubing could make it harder to do kangaroo care..

Just wanted to add I religiously read this section of bnb - all the recent babies are soooo beautiful! I love seeing the pictures and reading your wonderful stories! Congratulations and welcome to the best section of bnb ;)

Wow, ive only just joined today and am loving looking at all these pictures and photos. We are hopefully going to adopting a little one soon who was born at 25 weeks :)
Doing really well now.. he is 10 months and a right chubby little fella.

Hello ladies. My twins were born at 29.2 weeks due to pnemonia in their lungs. The are just a few days old but are fisty and fighting!
Here is Emily 3lbs and Nathan 3.6lbs

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 29
My Little Fighter Nico Francis arrived 2nd July 2011 at 28+4 due to a UTI. Our precious little man had no problems and was considered heavy for his gestation, almost 3lb. We had a little blip at day 12 with his lungs but we've had no real problems since. He's a chunk now at 7lb 12oz on his last weigh in and he's such a star. I love him more than life itself x

My Little Fighter Nico Francis arrived 2nd July 2011 at 28+4 due to a UTI. Our precious little man had no problems and was considered heavy for his gestation, almost 3lb. We had a little blip at day 12 with his lungs but we've had no real problems since. He's a chunk now at 7lb 12oz on his last weigh in and he's such a star. I love him more than life itself x

That is a great weight, my 29 week twins were 3 and 3.6 lbs. I couldnt believe them when they told me their weights! That's great he did so good in NICU! Gives us other moms who are still in there hope! I love reading everybodys stories.

Hey girls mind if I join you all? My daughter Juno was born via emergency c section at 26 weeks plus 4 due to incompetent cervix coupled with an infection on 18th September 2011. She is just such a wee miracle and has done so incredibly well. She was 2lbs 4oz when she was born and is now up to 3lbs 4oz and breathing on her own now. If she keeps doing as well as she has been she could get home in 4/5 weeks time, can't wait! In the first pic she was 10 days old, the middle one was taken when she was 5 weeks and the last one was when she was a few hours old. Amazing the difference in her! xo

Attachments

• Image0187.jpg
    Image0187.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Image0214.jpg
    Image0214.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Image0180.jpg
    Image0180.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 38
Jen what a great great weight! wow! Go Juno!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->