• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Introduce your VIP (Very Important Preemie!)

View attachment 326140

Hope this works!! Am new to the site, this is me & my VIP Emily, born at 27 weeks weighing a teeny 2lbs, the pic is my second time holding her, she's a buster now thank God - 11lbs 2oz & the light of our lives, she was in NICU & SCBU for 11 weeks, all well now & hope it continues that way!! She's 25 weeks now, 12 adjusted, this is her just before Christmas, love this pic, my little beauty xxx:hugs:View attachment 326146
Its lovely to see all the VIP's, hope they & their Mam & Dad's are all well :kiss:

I'm on a roll now, this is Emily at the weekend, all dressed up for shopping with Mammy xxView attachment 326150

View attachment 326140

Hope this works!! Am new to the site, this is me & my VIP Emily, born at 27 weeks weighing a teeny 2lbs, the pic is my second time holding her, she's a buster now thank God - 11lbs 2oz & the light of our lives, she was in NICU & SCBU for 11 weeks, all well now & hope it continues that way!! She's 25 weeks now, 12 adjusted, this is her just before Christmas, love this pic, my little beauty xxx:hugs:View attachment 326146
Its lovely to see all the VIP's, hope they & their Mam & Dad's are all well :kiss:

loads of gorgeous little bubbas pictures been added, when i see them brings back the memories of Reece when he was born, nicu is such a rollercoaster of emotions, we did 102 days and what a journey, we have had our little miracle home since 6th september and love every minute of it. These little babies are little miracles and true fighters. xx

Hi all,

I have spent most of the morning looking at all of your beautiful pictures and I'm still not halfway through.

I have to say that seeing all of your preemies is giving me such a lot of hope. I am currently in hospital at 28+2 weeks with PPROM. my waters broke 3 days ago.

Just holding on for as long as possible at the moment. If I show signs of infection or labour, they will take me for a csection as I have a abdominal stitch and can't have a natural delivery.

If I hold on they will do a planned csection at 33/34 weeks.

Thank you so much for sharing your stories and pictures, it means such a lot to me.

I also had a little girl at 24+2 after waters went at 23+3 sadly I had an infection and her hb stopped in utero at 24 weeks. It really warms my heart to see stories of the teeniest tiniest babies making it.

Xx

Good luck JadeyB! Fx'd little one holds on and any sort of infection stays well away! xo

Jadey... ive been through something similar ... i lost a little girl at 3 days old after she was born at 24+5. She'd caught an infection due to PROM...

I had stitch placed with Connie and she was born at 26+2 ... my waters were bulging and i was dilated. They decided to just deliver her there and then. She's had a lot to come through but she's 5 weeks old now and doing well considering everything she's been up against.

Hope things go well for you and that you hold out to 33 weeks! xx

Jadey... ive been through something similar ... i lost a little girl at 3 days old after she was born at 24+5. She'd caught an infection due to PROM...

I had stitch placed with Connie and she was born at 26+2 ... my waters were bulging and i was dilated. They decided to just deliver her there and then. She's had a lot to come through but she's 5 weeks old now and doing well considering everything she's been up against.

Hope things go well for you and that you hold out to 33 weeks! xx

Hi Amy,

So sorry that you lost your little girl too. :cry:

Wow, I'm pleased to hear that Connie is doing so well. It must be so scary. I hope she continues to get stronger and stronger. Xx

I am re-introducing Elias, my 28.6 week preemie, who is now 14 months old, and introducing my 35 week preemie, Fenix! Their pictures are below in my signature, Elias is on the left (obviously) and Fenix is on the right. :cloud9:

wanted to introduce my 34 week twins...Emmy and Elijah.

Born weighing 3 lbs. and 5 lbs.
Emmy had placenta problems, and quit growing properly at 29 weeks. She lost down to 2 lbs. 10 oz., and suffered hypothermia from lack of body fat. but she is my little fighter. And came home after 17 days in the NICU.

Attachments

• 380383_2121904534527_1453245483_31719191_1801530397_n.jpg
    380383_2121904534527_1453245483_31719191_1801530397_n.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 392051_2122002056965_1453245483_31719256_1962091620_n.jpg
    392051_2122002056965_1453245483_31719256_1962091620_n.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 9
This is Sophie Anne born 4lbs 5 oz at 36 weeks old, 16 feb 2012. She was in the nicu zero days and was delivered by emergency c-section due to iugr and placenta issues, after 5 days in the hospital we were released to come home. Yesterday she was diagnosed with a Coarctation of the Aorta and is preparing for surgery.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/Yuffie06/Sophieanne.jpg

my youngest son was born at 24 weeks, 16 weeks prem weighing just under 2LB.... hes now 8! declan had his first bath at the hospital when he was 4 months old, heres a pic of his first bath once all his tubes was out and breathing unaided. heres also a pic of him now at 8 (the one on the right is declan, the smallest) the boy on the left is my eldest lewis, he is now 11 and born full term.

hes still little for his age now but such a little sweetie!

Attachments

• declans first bath.jpg
    declans first bath.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 34
  • declan and lewis.jpg
    declan and lewis.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 25
hi i dont have any preemies but i am expecting identical twins so i am trying to prepare myself just incase. tehy are planned to come out between 36 and 37 wks nd im currently 23wks. so far they are doing well and at last scan at 22 wks were ,measuring 561g and 527 grams-about 1lb 2 and 1lb 3. so im praying theywill stay in and continue to thrive.

i just have to say ive read through all yr posts and i cried but smiled too as it has given me lots of hope at how much they can do for such teeny tiny babies.

all yr babies are beautiful and i wish u all the best luck nd love in the world for yr babies.

thank you for sharing these stories and pics, it helps prepare mammies like me.

Such a beautiful thread, made me tear up.:flower:

Here is my preemie :)
Jacob Tobias born at 34 weeks by c-section due to HELLP syndrome and pre-eclampsia. Came out with NO complications. Lungs were fully matured and all.
I am truly blessed.

These are all taken within the 1st week we spent at the hospital :)

Attachments

• 538522_10150639700056577_570976576_9474194_2052136417_n.jpg
    538522_10150639700056577_570976576_9474194_2052136417_n.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 554607_10150639709046577_570976576_9474211_246990548_n.jpg
    554607_10150639709046577_570976576_9474211_246990548_n.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 529881_2906608389078_1376598571_32155655_1997810110_n.jpg
    529881_2906608389078_1376598571_32155655_1997810110_n.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 14
I feel like a fraud posting here after reading all of these other stories!

My daughter Laoide was born at 34+5, weighing 5lbs3ozs, after PROM at 34 weeks exactly. I spent those 5 days in hospital and had time for steroid injections and antibiotics before I went into spontaneous labour. She was born 1hr46minutes later (barely time for her daddy to make it to the hospital) -- the midwife cradled Lee's head with her hand as she passed along the birth canal to protect her little brain.

Lee spent only half an hour in an incubator, breathed and fed just fine from the beginning and came right to the ward with me. Her blood sugars weren't fantastic, but midwives suggested supplementing breastfeeding with a bottle to boost them until my supply came in, and that did the trick. She came home with me aged two days -- her weight was 4lbs10ozs -- and we haven't looked back since. She met all her milestones, and today she's a loving, caring girl looking forward to her 11th birthday next month.

Lee's a rainbow baby, and although she sailed through being a preemie with hardly any issues I found her first few weeks very frightening and difficult. I take my hat off to you ladies who fought through nicu and caring for extremely tiny babies.

Attachments

• Smiler.jpg
    Smiler.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Pretty Darn Cute.jpg
    Pretty Darn Cute.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 6
I'm on a roll now, this is Emily at the weekend, all dressed up for shopping with Mammy xxView attachment 326150

View attachment 326140

Just thought I'd update with a recent pic of Emily, our little smiler:happydance:

29 wks CS Noah Anthony & Jonathan Drew 5/25/12
Wow. What a 24 hrs. Hard to type wth sensors on my fingers & using smartphone so please bear with me.
We came in Thursday evening after I stood up from bed and blood wth clots pourd down my legs. My complete previa was acting up. I had an nst that morning and passed with flying colors. Once home both babies were on a roll kicking.
Called L&D to alert them and was there in 25 min. They prepped an OR in case of ecs for me. Bleeding was no longer tons of gushes but nst now showed contractions every two min. No pain...I thought it was the tightening of an nst belt on me, that's all! I was put on magnesium (only side effects experienced were dry mouth, thirst and feelng hot in head and chest). Contractions got a better then worse.still not painful so they upped magnesium to 3 for 45 min. This did not help. Next indocin (sp?) Tablet. Downside to it is its only able to be used for 48 hrs. Babies were doing great on monitors, they didn't seem to mind contractions or bleeding.
Indocin was kept at an every 4 hr dose and contractions became slight irritable uterus. According to nurses and dr, the bleeding now was old blood (buut it wasn't brown??) Then by Friday late afternoon I would get leaks with every small movement or irritability of uterus. They started wweighing bood loss from those large mattress pads and oncewe were at 50cc and comig I had the talk about placenta probably abrupting and cs should be soom or I won't make it pregnant for another 6 to 12 hrs.
Within less than an hr I was prepped and ready on the table. The wost pain from all of this was inserting the cathetor. Great sprinal in and Mattbarely made it down the hall in time...the dr's started and were moving. Baby A came first, 1lb 6oz, eyes open! BabyB came next afte lots of pressure and ahard time making it out.he was 3lbs even.c cries came from B some time later. After they were cleaned up they showed me my boys and ran to nicu. A needed the nurse to breathe for him on the way using a pump. He was inubated once in nicu. My cs closure was hard. I hemmohaged and had a small transfusion...the shakes got me...dr's had a rough time getting all of both placentas out. Especially the anterior. There were some spots where the placenta did begin togrow into other organs I could hear them saying as they worked on me. Now that I am mostly morphine free I can ask specifics from the dr. Recovery lasted til 730pm. The time I could see the babies in the nicu kept getting pushed forward. I gues it was a busy night and somewhat chaotic.not to do with my boys just high volume. The dr came in and said I did well at the cs and he visited my boys who seemed to be doing great.B was on room air and A needed more help.
I went back to mother baby and our families came in...I now had new nurss folr the new dept and a new shift just started. Families left and we were finaly told they could let us see babies. Well only OH got to go. Sitting up in bed almost had me falling over. My HR has been high since Thursday but they say its to be expected fter blood loss.
Update: babyy A (Noah Anthony) has low platelets, just signed transfusion permission. They want his clottinng to be beter so he is not at risk for brain bleeds. Also signed permission to insert picc line whenever needed after iv comes out. Risks are an infection or not guiding it to right spt & eding up with fluid in lungs or heart. Ugh! The risk is greater of not putting it in though. A is trying room air after being on a vent. B ( Jonathan Drew) is back on room air with a cannula. Pumping of course has not started off great but I was ready for that. I am going back to bed so I can be allowed to see my babies soon!

Finley James was born by EMCS on Monday the 14th may at 32weeks weighing 4lbs 9oz!

He had a hemaglobin level of 2 after we had a massive fetal maternal hemorrhage, we nearly lost him.
He had 2 blood transfusions and platelets, he also had been starved of oxygen for how long we dont know, they dont know how or why it happend we have to wait for the placenta results to come back.
He had muliple organ failure that has now started to mend its self and we cant be sure how his brain will have been effected by the lack of oxygen, he also is on and off the blue lights due to jaundice but we have been told thats expected!
He was in NICU for 10 days and is now in SCBU! All the nurses are gobsmacked at how he has done one consultant told me in her 14 years of work she has never seen a baby born like finley servive which scares me shitless!!

He is my little miracle and im completely in love with him!

I am excited to find a place for preemies! They are such special little miracles! I have 2 boys 13 and 2 and am pregnant with baby number 3. My 13 year old was born at 37 weeks and my 2 year old was born at 27w 3d and had serious complications. He is so precious and is a true miracle. He has struggled since he was in my belly with complications and since he has been born he has fit the profile of a preemie, if it is rare he has it or has done it. When he was born he needed immediate care and resuscitation he was apneic. On his 5th day he went into cardiac arrest from his PICC line infiltrating. He had Bi-Lateral hydronephrosis, PDA, an infection and anemia. Since then he has kept us busy, he has respiratory issues, developmental delays, deformational plagiocephaly, left sided deficits, sensory integration issues, gallstones and we are looking into getting him screened for the Autism Spectrum.

The idea of having another was so far from our minds for that last 2 years but then we decided that we have greater odds of having a healthy baby and our son deserves to be a big brother! So here we are 4 weeks pregnant with number 3! We are very excited but scared.

Attachments

• Auggie Fadorrable.jpg
    Auggie Fadorrable.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20111114_151215.jpg
    IMG_20111114_151215.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics