Introduce your VIP (Very Important Preemie!)

Here is Neave, she was born 25.5 weighing 1lb 12, she is now 7 weeks old still in NICU weighing 3lb 13.:baby:

Attachments

• Photo027.jpg
    Photo027.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Photo032.jpg
    Photo032.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 57
Neave is lovely! But she does look so sad - I just want to give her a hug!:hugs:

Thanks, she is lovely, just think she,s fed up with all the tubes bless her, just want her home.xxx:cry:

Such Beautiful babies we have here!:)

I will share baby Jack Bradley with all of you.:)

Jack came at 33weeks due to perterm labor(that started at 20 weeks), and PPROM,gestational diabetes and heart declerations. He was an emergency csection on July 19, 2009.

I've had three preemie boys and Jack was my biggest. My first was born at 34 weeks due to PTL and he was 5lbs. My second, born at 30weeks and he was 3lbs 2oz and it was due to PPROM and PTL.

He spent a few weeks in the NICU and then about 5 hospital stays for different infections. He was 6lbs at birth and currently at 6months he's 17lbs 13oz.!!!

Jack is currently 6months TODAY! He is doing pretty good. A few delays mentally but he had a brain bleed, and seizures and hydropceplaus so his life has been alittle rough. Also lots of infections and asthma.

Attachments

• Copy of bottle.jpg
    Copy of bottle.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 650
  • jbw.jpg
    jbw.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 649
  • Copy of fatty.jpg
    Copy of fatty.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 653
She is now 8 weeks old and changing daily.xxxxx

Attachments

• Photo040.jpg
    Photo040.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Photo045.jpg
    Photo045.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 15
Tristan was born on December 16th at 34 weeks and 6 days. He was 5 pounds and 4 ounces. His due date was today He was in the hosptial for 12 days because of feeding problems and jaundice. He's doing great now. =]

Right after birth
https://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt223/HeavenWatters/Picture187.jpg
Now
https://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt223/HeavenWatters/Picture239.jpg

https://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt223/HeavenWatters/Picture243.jpg

wow Tristan looks a fab size for 34 weeks! xx

We were all suprised at how big he was. He was born 19 inches long. He would have been a big baby if he had gone full term.

welcome Tristan and mummy he is a wee cracker and sound a great size :thumbup:

ohh wee Neave is gonna be a wee heartbreaker just gorge xx

Hi everyone,

I've been searching for a forum to post my experience of having a prem a prem baby.

My son was born at 27+5 weeks and weighed 1lb 7oz on 10 jan 09 - we've just celebrated his 1st birthday.

my experience was tyraumatic, full of tears, joy and happiness but thankfully he is happy and healthy. I haven't got time to put all my story i will do soon.

All these babies are soo beautiful and i wish them all the happiest of health and joy. xx

My baby Andrew weighed just 1 ounce less - so I would love to hear your story of your son's first year, how he developed, that kind of thing!

here is my son Aiden. He was born 1/13/10 at 28w6d. he weighed 1lb 13oz and measured 14.5 inches long. He is 3 days old in this pic. I cant wait until he gains weight and comes home. Can moms that had preemies about the same size as my son please share there nicu experiences with me such as weight gain, feedings, A's & B's, etc. oohh for a little guy he loves his binky (pacifier) lol

Attachments

• SDC10474.jpg
    SDC10474.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 45
here is my son Aiden. He was born 1/13/10 at 28w6d. he weighed 1lb 13oz and measured 14.5 inches long. He is 3 days old in this pic. I cant wait until he gains weight and comes home. Can moms that had preemies about the same size as my son please share there nicu experiences with me such as weight gain, feedings, A's & B's, etc. oohh for a little guy he loves his binky (pacifier) lol

He's lovely! What a teeny tiny head. Abby was heavier and had fewer issues so not sure I could give any advice. She just had to get bigger. But I'm sure someone will be along to reassure you.

Hi there,

Aidan is lovely!!!! my little one Neave. was born 25.5 weighing at 1lb 12, so i know what you are going through, this is her story so far, she is now nearly nine weeks old, she was in intensive care to begin with. She had one day on the ventilator and then on cpap.

At week 5 she came out of intensive care and went into high dependancy. She was fed every 2 hours and the milk would increase gradually depending on weight gain, she got a chest infection in week 6, so they stopped feeds and she was given vitimins and antibiotics, infection soon cleared up and they increased her feeds gradually.

I am currently in week 8, this had been a good one for her, she would have been 34 weeks gestation. She went on high flow this week, and went from incubator into a cot. She now weighs 4lb 3. She started to show interest in the boob today so tried her with it and she latched on straight away and started sucking ( didn't quite have strength to get much) but practice is good!!! Anyway if you wanna chat just let me know as i understand how hard it all is.xx:hugs:

Hi,
I'm new here, so would like to introdue my little one - Marcus was born at 30+5 on the 4th Oct 2009, so a little late joining you! He was 3 lb 7 oz when he was born, and is now 9 lb 9 1/2 oz (he is nearly 16weeks actual) so has done really well. He was in SCBU for 6wks and a day, after being on a ventilator, CPAP and low flow oxygen in that time.

SO glad I have found this site as am just starting to loose the plot - having a premmie means there is an awfully long time in the "new baby" phase which I am finding VERY hard!

Sara
x
(Can only seem to upload 1 photo - so can't post a recent photo of the little trouble maker!)

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 35
welcome Arwen and congratualtions on baby Marcus what a fantastic weight gain cant wait for some recent piccies

Hopefully you'll come to use the forum as much as everyone else has, such a great source of info and support, I also think we manage to keep things lighthearted which all preemie parents need now and again xx

I'll add my welcome to that and a belated congratulations.

It sounds like Marcus was similar to Abby. She was a week earlier at 29, but was 3lbs 07 and did just over 6 weeks in NNICU and SCBU with minimal intervention.

It may seem hard now, but don't wish away the newborn thing! I loved that we get to do it for longer as it is such a precious time. But yes, it does mean the challenges it brings go on for longer too.

Is there anything in particular you are struggling with? Feel free to post as many threads in this section asking for advice as you need to. I guarantee there will be someone with the answers, no judgements and plenty of support.

There is also an "introduce yourself" thread if you wanted to share your story with us. We're a nosy bunch here!

Hello everyone :hi:

What truly lovely photos of these gorgeous babies! Congratulations, they are all doing so well :thumbup:

Can i introduce my LO.... she was born at 34 weeks by c section after she stopped growing in the womb she weighed 3lb 3oz at birth and is doing well in scbu xxx

Attachments

• 24012010132.jpg
    24012010132.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 24
Just beautiful!:hugs:

I'll give you a giggle though - I actually dreamed about her last night. I was out walking with Abby in the pram but when I looked in, it was your wee girl!

I took her out and gave her a cuddle, then fed her, and when I put her back in and walked for a bit, she turned back into Abby.

How wierd is that!:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->