Introducing Baby Samantha....**Update page 31**

alparen

Mommy to a Princess
Reaction score
So I had a thread on here I can't find that all of you were praying for us. Thank you all so much. Our little Samantha arrived in the world a fighter and she is doing great in the nicu! Here's my long birth story if your interested and a picture of our princess:) Please continue to pray and send positive thoughts for to grow big and strong. She's got a long road ahead of her in the NICU. I can't wait till she comes home.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/fear_the_moon_baby/6cfccb31.jpg

My birthstory
January 16 started off as any other day. We got up made coffee and had plans to set up Samanthas nursery. Husband started a late breakfast.. I went to the bathroom and I felt a huge gush. I panicked. Started yelling at Rich that I have to go the hospital now my water just broke. I was freaking out because I *was only 25 weeks and 6 days pregnant.*
We rush me to the hospital where they immediatly admitted me. Yup I had ruptured... So they send me in an ambulance to Sunnybrook hospital in *Toronto where they are equipped to deal with my situation. *Dr's check me over and say it's now a waiting game until I go into labor or get an infection in my uterus but it would be hours or months. *They admitted me in on bedrst on their high risk ward. I felt like such a failure like I did something wrong. 3 days go by so far so good. I woke up on Januray 19th feeling positive but something was not quite right. I was nauseated all day felt tired. I started cramping I the afternoon really low in my pelvis so the nurse came and checked me and couldn't pick anything up on the monitors. Samantha seemed happy little less active than usual but we thought it was just a quiet day. The cramps subsided so it was all good. 10pm on the phone with my husband. He was over 2 hours away at home because he had to work. I all of a sudden started freezing and uncontrollably shaking I was so cold I was cursing so I called the nurse. She checked my temp and gave me a warm blanket nadda she said. So I laid down and at 10:07pm the cramps started... Horrible pain so I timed them and sure enough every 4-6 minutes... They were contractions....I started freezing again at 10:30 and the nurse walked in just as I was going to call her. Told her about my pain so she felt low down where I told her it was and sure enough rock hard contractions.. She grabbed the thermometer and threw it in my mouth and sure enough I had a sky high fever... She said this baby is coming tonight your starting to get an infection and your in labor! So she immediately ran out of the room to inform nicu team that I was on my way to labor and delivery... I called my husband he freaked out and jumped in a taxi to take 2 hour ride. Instantly I was in a psychotic amount of pain and everyone who knows me knows I have a very high pain tolerance. So the epidural was ordered. She came started it and this pain like someone was cutting my right leg off. So she hauled it out and put it higher. Ahhhhhhhhhh relief... Sort of.. I could still feel contractions on part of my left side... Then the fever headache... Was like a
Migraine I couldn't open my eyes. Samanthas heartbeat was high.. They upped my epidural.. Still could feel a bit.. They started the drugs to dialate my cervix fast. I had 2 surgeries on my cervix to remove precancerous cells and my cervix was so scarred and so short. But it was hard and closed up. My husband finally arrived. Dr's keep checking my cervix and it was thinned but refused to dialate. They tried to force it open with their fingers but couldn't even find the opening. All they could feel was Samanthas head pressing on it. 12 hours roll by it's Januray 20th 10am dr's give up and decide it's time for a c-section. I am so out if it I can't remember much... They wheel me in the room and start prepping me. The anesthesiologist starts pumping me full if drugs because I can still feel pain on my belly and there is no time for another spinal. So he starts pumping me full of morphine and fentanyl. I can remember yelling about how much it hurt sharp pains in my vagina and in the left side of my belly while they cut me open. My husband was watching the whole thing on the screen above out heads while the anethetsiologist *held his shoulders. Apparently they lowered the bed holding Samantha to get her out instead of just taking her out as she was so small they didn't want to pull her out. So they rushed her to the other room and started working on reviving her. Took them an hour to get her stable. Her lungs were sticky from being underdeveloped still so it took so much time to get the tubes in her chest. Try had to give her CPR and work to keep her alive but finally my husband saw her leg start wiggling. They rushed her away to keep working in her. Samantha Mary-Eileen Grenier was born on Januray 20th at 11:18 am and weighed 750 grams. My beautiful princess. She was 26 weeks and 2 days old.*
She is doing great so far in the hospital. We can't wait to have our princess home with us. It's going to be a long 13 weeks waiting for her to come
home.

She is beautiful.

I will tell you that I have a coworker who had her baby girl at 26 weeks exactly, and her little girl is now 7 months old and is doing wonderfully. She was in NICU for a while, and had some scary moments every so often, but she was a fighter and she is now happy and healthy and expected to catch up developmentally by 12 months of age.

I will continue praying for little Samantha and your family.

Ohhh, God bless you and little Samantha! Her pic is beautiful. Please keep us posted!!! :hugs:

Glad Samantha is doing good will continue to say a pray. Hope your husband is well to and yourself. Stay positive hospitals are amazing with what they can do now xx

She is beautiful! So happy that you and your little fighter are doing well! You all will remain in my prayers

Aww, thanks for posting the story and that lovely picture. She is too cute -- and that little foot with those adorable little toes!!! I will be praying that she comes home soon!

Congrats on Samantha's arrival! She is beautiful. Glad to hear she's doing well.

Oh wow she's so beautiful! What a special little miracle!

You're all in my prayers for a speedy recovery!

My god, How frightening for you. Well done hun she is gorgeous

xx

She is absolutely stunning, congratulations :) beautiful tiny girl now with you, she's gonna get bigger and stronger and she will be home before you know it.

Heartwarming story sorry to hear your trauma and worry, but she's in safe hands with loving parents that can't wait to take her home :) xxx

Congratulations !! she is so cute and i love her leg and her little toes ..she is adorable ...

wishing the best in your journey with her:hugs:

I've been keeping up with your miraculous story. Samantha is such a little fighter, and you are such a wonderful mommy! You, Samantha and your DH are in my prayers, and have been in my prayers. God Bless <3

Thanks for the update.......and congrats on your beautiful little girl.

Thanks so much everyone. She is doing fabulous so far in the NICU the nurse calls her a little stinker cause she is always so active and wiggly lol. I loved the day before we left the let us take her temperature, change her diaper and give her some of my breastmilk. She is to precious. I am so terrified half the time. My phone starts ringing and I have a panic attack practically. My husband should be going back to see her Wednesday. IHAVE to stay home because of my c-section and also from that my iron is really low so I can barely walk around for more than 5 minutes.

Damn, I was so hopeful when you didn't go on to fill us in on your other thread. I was so hoping your little girl wasn't coming...

But she is here, so congrats on that!! She is heavier than my little guy was, who was born at 25 weeks exactly. And he is great now! They say girls do better than boys too...

So good luck. It is a long road, but worth it. Take a trip over to the Preemie section and read the VIP sticky. It should give you a good idea of what is to come, and it will give you lots of success stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->