Introducing...

Leopard

2yrOld;3rdTriBoy
Reaction score
Keziah-May Danielle Burch, born 1:50am 15th of November. 5lb 11oz, dark blonde hair and lungs to rival mine! :haha:

Quick story, got to the hospital and was 3cm dilated, contractions were 2-3 minutes apart and started coming hard and fast. I begged for an epidural :dohh: but they told me to wait, and I'm glad I did! I managed to breathe through, without out any help, 4hrs of contractions! Eventually they decided the gas would be best and I felt like a looney tune, except during contractions because they really started to hurt! Was on G&A for a few hours and was doing well. At approx 1am I was given a quick shot of morphine, which wasn't to kick in for 45minutes at the least. 1:10am I was checked again and was 5cms dilated, which was great! 1:20am I felt the most horrid, painful urge to push and ended up naturally rupturing my own waters! :dohh: I started apologising thinking I'd done something wrong (stupid gas and air :wacko:). She had pooped in the fluid and I was told I would be refused my delayed cord cutting and she wouldn't be stimulated until after she was checked. At 1:50am i was talked through pushing and got her head out, followed by the weird sensation of her body falling out! They clamped the cord and OH got to cut it, he was pretty stoked. I decided since Kezzy couldn't have the cord blood I donated it to the local university for research into stem cell research. The cord was thin but extremely long. Remember I said they wouldn't be stimulating her? She had other ideas, the moment her body popped out she was screaming her little lungs out. She was sooooo cute. I barely bled at all, and passing the placenta was so easy. I only managed a 2nd degree tear and they didn't bother to stitch it, tbh I can barely feel it.
Tried BFing but she didn't want to latch so we just skin to skinned for a while. Then she was taken to the special care unit and I went down and tried to feed her, which didn't work well. Went back half an hour later and she got a drink, at my expense because she did not latch well! Went back a few hours ago and got a wonderful, pain free 12 minutes feeding and I still had colostrum in that breast left! Then she wanted a top up so she got another 5 minutes.

Still waiting to go for the scan with her, but because she has had no other complications she is rooming in with me now, BFing is going really good and she soothes so easily. My uterus returning to original size is slightly painful but no where near what happened last night!

For all you first timers who think you cannot do it without an epi, think again! I begged for it after being adamant I never would, but didn't get it anyway. I had no labor courses or prenatal seminars and everything just came naturally, sure it hurt but the pain is so worth it and I wouldn't give it up for the world!

So introducing mine and OHs gorgeous baby girl!

Attachments

• Photo0679.jpg
    Photo0679.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Photo0680.jpg
    Photo0680.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Photo0682.jpg
    Photo0682.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 130
Awww, what a cutie. Thanks for posting! Congrats!!!

Congrats on your little princess, she is beautiful! Bless your OH, he looks a bit lost bless him :haha: - Enjoy being a mummy!! xx

She is beautiful! Congratulations! Xx

What a beautiful baby girl you have, your story is amazing! I haven't taken any prenatal classes or labour courses so to hear someone say it came naturally is a relief! I hope you and baby are settling well!

Congratulations Hun :) she's gorgeous, you're making me impatient for my LO now lol

Congratulations!!!!!!! She's gorgeous xxx

Congratulations Leopard! So glad it went smoothly for you! She's gorgeous :kiss:

congrats on your baby shes perfect!!! Hope you are feeling well too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->