Irregular Cycle Sisters

Hey ladies, don't mind if I join....I am 22 years old and have irregular cycles as well. I have to use provera to start my cycles.

Hi, I'm new here. I've always had irregular cycles. Before I went on bcp the worst I had was just over 2 months with no AF. Sometimes it could be 2 months, then AF for a couple of days, then a week later again for a week, then nothing for month and a half then 2 week AF. I was on the mini pill for 5 years with no periods at all, came off end of August/start of September. No AF till around 20th November, and now nothing. According to a normal cycle I'm 7 days late, GP told me to do a test if I was late, bfn 23rd December. Still no AF, so testing again tomorrow and if it's bfn I'm going to GP for a chat. I was hoping having been on the pill might have sorted my cycles out, as they've never found a reason for it.

Sorry for the long post :/

got my crosshairs this morn but think may still loose them as two ays i was drinking(never took met) and last night took painkiller for my ears

@nexis, by any chance have you been tested for pcos? Draw bloods, and tranvaginal u/s.

@nexis, by any chance have you been tested for pcos? Draw bloods, and tranvaginal u/s.

I don't have any other symptoms of PCOS but I did have an ultrasound years back to check (never offered a transvaginal one though). They didn't see anything on the scan, so wasn't offered a blood test. I'm with a new doctors now though so hoping they might investigate more.

Best of luck...I am looking forward to your updates on your ttc journey. Hopefully it wont be too much longer :dust:

Hope you all had a good christmas and welcome to the newbies on here. I hope that 2012 is a good year for us all and that we all get the bump we so want and babies. God I so hope that this my year last year was so hard on me and the other half we didn't know how we were going to make it through.

:dust: :dust: :dust:

According to ff im 6 dpo what means my cycles have settled every mth now at ov between day 21 and day 23 i have a normal regular cycle again:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: now i just need to combat my knee and hip pain to be able to dtd more reg!

excellent news there linz, how long is you LP, when are you testing?

my lp is between 14 and 16 days i think BUT we aint so hopefull this mth as we only managed one day b4 ov due to my hips i think we did it 3 times this cyle:shrug:

ooo stranger things have happened, there's always a chance as long as you've been baby dancing :)

dodger - any updates with you, did you have a sticky bean after all? xxxx

Great news Lynz! I pretty sure I ov'd yesterday so we'll be sharing the tww.

How are you getting on Tanz? Xxx

Hey carhar, nice to see you, hope you caught the egg this cycle :D

I'm getting there, I didn't cry at all on Tuesday so I'm slowly getting back to 100%. It's just so frustrating because I've not had a positive OPK yet and going off my last cycle it happen cd19 which is tomorrow for me - really hope that happens but not sure what the clomid has done. Started trying again the other day, it was strange but good. I feel a bit in limbo sometimes cause I keep getting emails from mamas and papas and pampers and I don't want to unsubscribe cause I figure it'll be good for baby number 2 but it makes me a little sad to see them. I'm the same with buying new clothes, I ONLY buy maternity clothes now, is that sad?? I refuse to touch alcohol aswell!

Big :hugs: xxx

Not at all sad, well I can't say it is as I have my own maternity collection, lol.

I really hope you ov soon. I had a long cycle after my mc, but I also had a long cycle when I got my bfp. Try not to feel too frustrated, your body just needs a little extra time to recover xxx

When are you testing honey, shame it cant be tomorrow, that would have been one excellent way to end the year right? :) mid january is nothing to complain about either :D

ooo stranger things have happened, there's always a chance as long as you've been baby dancing :)

dodger - any updates with you, did you have a sticky bean after all? xxxx

No. My numbers continued to go up until my blood test last friday and then they started plateauing. I went from 314 to only 361... and then 4 days later my latest blood test was only 402. So it's obviously not viable... and only a matter of time before my numbers start going down. That hit me like a ton of bricks when she told me that 361 number on Tuesday... it just made it so much worse to have 2 weeks of hope over nothing.

It boiled down to a chemical pregnancy and when I bled the first time, my body didn't get rid of everything so that's why my numbers started to go up. 2 weeks of hoping and praying and dreaming over a baby that went to heaven pretty much at conception. :brat::sad2:

I'm trying hard to keep my mind on other things as much as I can until my numbers have fallen quite a bit. Right now though, I'm pretty bitter and sad.

I'm getting there, I didn't cry at all on Tuesday so I'm slowly getting back to 100%. It's just so frustrating because I've not had a positive OPK yet and going off my last cycle it happen cd19 which is tomorrow for me - really hope that happens but not sure what the clomid has done. Started trying again the other day, it was strange but good. I feel a bit in limbo sometimes cause I keep getting emails from mamas and papas and pampers and I don't want to unsubscribe cause I figure it'll be good for baby number 2 but it makes me a little sad to see them. I'm the same with buying new clothes, I ONLY buy maternity clothes now, is that sad?? I refuse to touch alcohol aswell!

I know how you feel on that. I look at normal clothes and think "But maybe I'll be pregnant right away again and then what's the point in buying them?" I'm glad you are to a point where you can try again and be actually closish to ovulation. *hugs*

According to ff im 6 dpo what means my cycles have settled every mth now at ov between day 21 and day 23 i have a normal regular cycle again:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: now i just need to combat my knee and hip pain to be able to dtd more reg!

Hope your knee and hip pain get better so you can dtd more often! I'm glad your cycles have gotten into the regular stage! :flower:

Oh dodger I'm so sad for you right now, no words can help the pain of sadness and loss any better but thinking forward I hope we will be bump buddies at some point in the future, xxxx

Oh I've no idea if I'm close to ovulation, I keep thinking if I stay hopeful my body will just release an egg based on happiness, I don't know what I'll do if nothing happens for another 2 months. I met up with my best friend today and told her about the loss, she said it might be worth going private so I can get a decent consultation and discuss all the options available to me, seriously considering it. I can't wait til April for the next Gyne' appointment :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->