Irregular Cycle Sisters

moondance :hugs: i hear you, my cycles never bothered me either, till we started TTC :dohh: i wish i could get preg just by looking at my OH :dohh: its not that easy :dohh:

welcome to the thread, feel free to chat about anything that is bothering you, we are all here for you :thumbup: im on my first cycle with soy, hoping that will bring an Ov before xmas (my cycles are very irregular) as i want a xmas bfp, am kinda doubtful though :dohh:

hope either AF or Ov happens for you soon so that you can move forward either way

is there anything you are taking/doing to help your cycles?

I don't really know whats out there to help irregular cycles.
When I was 16, my old doctor tried putting me on the pill, she wanted me to go on the pill for 3 straight months, without the sugar pills, so that I wouldn't have a period, then I was to start the pill normally so that it would regulate my cycle. I was barely into the second sheet of pills when I started bleeding despite still taking them. I bled heavily, bled like crazy and spent three weeks living on a rubber mattress in the bathroom because I couldn't risk bloodying up the carpet I was bleeding so badly.

Every so often I will get a majorly heavy bleed, but not often. Even after 60 days I don't bleed that heavily, which is weird.

Half the time, I can't even really "do" OPK's, the lines are never definitely anything, because the line is 50/50 half dark, half light, so its never conclusive.

I've got a doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon with a new doctor to discuss the issue. My previous doctor didn't seem to think it was an issue, but I feel it is an issue when at age 29, I've been trying for 10 months and it hasn't happened because my cycles are so irregular.
I'm not going to be able to live with my partner until we are actually pregnant, which sounds stupid, so pinpointing the time I ovulate is so critical to me, but its so hard to do it.

But I don't honestly know much about all the soy and maca and stuff that people try. I hadn't looked into it because I didn't realise getting pregnant with wonky cycles would be so hard.

moondance :hugs: i hear you, my cycles never bothered me either, till we started TTC :dohh: i wish i could get preg just by looking at my OH :dohh: its not that easy :dohh:

welcome to the thread, feel free to chat about anything that is bothering you, we are all here for you :thumbup: im on my first cycle with soy, hoping that will bring an Ov before xmas (my cycles are very irregular) as i want a xmas bfp, am kinda doubtful though :dohh:

hope either AF or Ov happens for you soon so that you can move forward either way

is there anything you are taking/doing to help your cycles?

I don't really know whats out there to help irregular cycles.
When I was 16, my old doctor tried putting me on the pill, she wanted me to go on the pill for 3 straight months, without the sugar pills, so that I wouldn't have a period, then I was to start the pill normally so that it would regulate my cycle. I was barely into the second sheet of pills when I started bleeding despite still taking them. I bled heavily, bled like crazy and spent three weeks living on a rubber mattress in the bathroom because I couldn't risk bloodying up the carpet I was bleeding so badly.

Every so often I will get a majorly heavy bleed, but not often. Even after 60 days I don't bleed that heavily, which is weird.

Half the time, I can't even really "do" OPK's, the lines are never definitely anything, because the line is 50/50 half dark, half light, so its never conclusive.

I've got a doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon with a new doctor to discuss the issue. My previous doctor didn't seem to think it was an issue, but I feel it is an issue when at age 29, I've been trying for 10 months and it hasn't happened because my cycles are so irregular.
I'm not going to be able to live with my partner until we are actually pregnant, which sounds stupid, so pinpointing the time I ovulate is so critical to me, but its so hard to do it.

But I don't honestly know much about all the soy and maca and stuff that people try. I hadn't looked into it because I didn't realise getting pregnant with wonky cycles would be so hard.

i know how you feel my cycles have been so dodgy too but since taking macca and soy im almost back to normal went from 136 days to 49 days:happydance:

moondance i lost about 3 kg and that halved my cycle then i took clomid shorter again, and im hoping the soy this cycle keeps it shorter still, but if i go off the clomid/soy i dunno what my cycles will do now :shrug:

I don't really understand how soy works, is it a tablet of some kind, or a powder?

I can't take tablets, I've never been able to do it, I even used to have trouble with the tiny little pill. I have a tendency to vomit pills back up for some unknown reason.

And I've lost a bit of weight. Around 3 or 4 kg. Not sure how or where it went, but yay. Probably working with my horse, and stress. Ha.

I don't really understand how soy works, is it a tablet of some kind, or a powder?

I can't take tablets, I've never been able to do it, I even used to have trouble with the tiny little pill. I have a tendency to vomit pills back up for some unknown reason.

And I've lost a bit of weight. Around 3 or 4 kg. Not sure how or where it went, but yay. Probably working with my horse, and stress. Ha.

soy isflavnes is a tablet but im sure u could find it in a pwder from somewhere

hey moondance, you're in the right place here

I'm Chele and TTC#2 with PCOS and cycles ranging from 30-113 days. I was on the pill for 11 years which regulated my cycles, therefore masking all my issues. I was fobbed off, being told not to worry unless I wanted children!

I'll be starting soy my next cycle, whenever that is.

Hope you get some answers.

moondance, i was the same as you with the tablets, but i think i have maybe grown out of it :shrug: else im just that desperate for a bub ill do anything :haha:

in the wait for Ov now :dohh: hope she comes soon

Can I take soy in the middle of my cycle? I am on day CD 77. I know I should wait until the :witch: arrives but that could be a looooong time. Do you think it would help bring on AF? I hate long cycles!

I don't think it would do any harm, Aries, but I don't know how effective it is midcycle. I don't think it would hurt to try, though! =)

maybe you should try the parsley tea or vit c to bring on AF first :shrug:

yeah lol well i tried it once...gross...and it didnt work for me either :dohh: i just figured i had done it wrong :shrug:

yeah lol well i tried it once...gross...and it didnt work for me either :dohh: i just figured i had done it wrong :shrug:

lol nope i did it ermmm 5 or 6 times and nothing lol doesnt work if no ov unfortunatly

Getting bored now and it's only cd33. come on AF so I can try my soy!

Hope you're all ok ladies x

Thanks ladies..not sure what I will do. Prob get a prescription of provera and give up on this cycle.

Hiya ladies. I'm not sure if I'm in the right place. I've just signed up on here. I need some advice please.. I'm 21 yrs old and until September just gone I was on the depo I came off it as me and my fiancé have decided that we would love to start our family. However, my periods still have not returned =( I was wondering if anyone had any advice for what to do?? Please help!! X

dimple its only been 2 months, i would give it to 6 months, your body has to re regulate itself, however that being said we are all on here cause our cycles are skewy anyway :dohh: i wouldnt really do anything so early on after coming off the pill :shrug: maybe just eat healthy and lose some weight if you are overweight that is :shrug:

I've had provera can really screw you around too.
I've known a lot of people who have gone on it and its messed them up royally. They've gained weight and gotten all sorts of problems.
I couldn't take it.

thanx moondance, ill make a note to not consider that

one of my friends went on it, her weight ballooned.... she's now in the range of about 140kg, she's my height though, but she's so heavy, and she never used to be. She used to be a nice weight until starting provera, then it mucked her up. Within two weeks, she was putting on the pounds. Her hormones have been mucked up ever since too. She gets massively heavy menstrual bleeding now, to the point where she has to use adult diapers to stop from bleeding all over the place.
Sounds horrible, but I know its the truth, as we used to be best friends and live together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->