Irregular Cycle Sisters

Well, I think I'm going to just go ahead and make an appt with my doctor to see about some tests. I wasn't ready to do that but after doing BBT for a few weeks and OPK's, I'm feeling more confident about taking control of what's going on with my body. At least then I'll know what I'm dealing with.

thats a great idea sugar :hugs: it is a big step to go see a dr, but after doing it i feel better knowing we are doing what we can to get answers/help

let us know when your app is

My doctor's appointment is tomorrow and I am sooo nervous I can hardly stand it!! :sick: I hate doctors, especially doctors who shove stuff up my hooha. :blush: I have thought about it all day today and I'm sure I'll end up having a nightmare about it tonight. Luckily, my best friend is going with me for moral support, and then we're going out to eat at our favorite restaurant and shopping afterward!! :happydance: Gonna buy some new shoes!

haha wanting :hugs: um...i havent had anything shoved up my hooha :blush: yet

is this your first app? is it ur gp or a gyn? they will prob just send you off for a blood test like my gp did for me

hope you get some answers :hugs: definately let us know what she/he says

just curious how long is your latest cycle?

Dandy, I'm going to an OB/GYN and it's my first appointment with her. She's going to do a pap smear since I've not had one in a couple years, which is the part I dread the most!!

I also hate needles, so I dread that, too. Ugh. I would rather be the one drawing the blood than having it drawn.

And honestly, I stopped counting days but I just now added it up and I'm inching closer and closer to CD 200. Today is CD 184. :cry:Hopefully she will give me Provera and AF will come before I reach CD 200!!

:hugs: wanting :hugs: soo glad you get to see the dr now and you can get checked out

i had a papsmear prob 6 months ago, what scares you? it really doesnt hurt, and its over really fast, just relax and it will be fine :hugs:

gosh im with you on the needles, i have to have another one in 1 month to check my cholesterol (it was too high last test) and my liver (it had some abnormalities in the last one also) :dohh: and then my FS (if/when i get to see her) will prob make me have another blood test!! so thats a possible 2 blood test in the near future :argh:

did i update you girls on my gp app? and blood test results?

I have definitely put off going for way too long. I should have gone months ago, but oh well, nothing I can do about that now.

I've only ever had one pap and it was a bad experience. The doctor was super rough and had no bedside manner whatsoever, so I think that's part of what has me so nervous.

The last time I had blood drawn was a couple years ago when I donated blood (for extra credit points in school, lol) and I almost passed out afterwards, so not a good experience with that, either, lol. Of course they took a lot more blood than they would just to do bloodwork, but still.

How were your test results??

oh :hugs: ok i have a great female gp who understands when you are nervous, she goes slow, tells you to relax and chats to you. I am actually freaking out about the FS she is sending me to, my gp said that she can be abrupt and that she wouldnt send anyone emotionally unstable to her...but if she upsets/offends me or whatever ill go back to my gp and ask to see a diff one, so thats always an option

i have never given blood, i just had a regular shot, was in the waiting room for mum to pay (this was prob 3 years ago) and everything went black around me and i passed out in the waiting room :blush: sooo embarrasing, they took me off in a wheelchair and wouldnt let me go till my blood pressure went up :dohh: i havent fainted since and have had 2 blood tests the second one hurt more than the first, but i think im getting better at handling it

i dont really know how my results were, the only things she had any concern over was that my cholesterol apparently there is a good and a bad form and my bad cholesterol was a bit too high, so i have to cut out dairy fats, meet fats and baked goods fats, and also that my liver had some high results which she said can be becuse of a virus - which i hadnt been sick, meds - so i have to stay off the vitex and everything but my folic acid for a month, or if its not them she said it could be fatty liver which is fat being deposited into my liver :shrug: that will require an ultra sound if its no better in a month

she said she is pretty sure i have PCOS so is recommending i go to a FS which i am currently waiting on a call back from so i can make an app

also my sister has told me that her and her OH are now TTC too, and im feeling kinda jealous that she might get pg first :(

The OB/GYN I'm going to tomorrow is supposed to be wonderful. I've had so many people recommend her to me and I've heard nothing but great things, so that does help calm me down a bit.

Oh, wow, that does sound embarrassing!! I would have been mortified.

Hopefully all your levels will be within normal range the next time you're tested!! The cholesterol probably won't be too hard to get down. Do you like to eat oatmeal? That's supposed to be good to help with cholesterol.

I definitely understand how you feel about your sister TTC!! My best friend, who is just like my sister, is about 10 weeks pregnant and I am soo jealous!

:hugs: thanx wanting, i was feeling like a bad sister, but i guess it is normal to have these feelings when we are finding it so hard

um no yuck :sick: dont like oatmeal, im gonna start by buying low fat milk instead of the full fat stuff and same with the cheese etc. apart from that my diet is really good atm (IMO :haha:)

Had my appointment this morning and it went very well. The anticipation was actually much worse than the actual appointment, haha. My OB/GYN was super nice which made the whole process so much easier. She said everything with my pap looks normal and everything feels normal and I'll be getting those results in the mail within 10 days.

She said that it definitely sounds like I have PCOS, what with my irregular periods and the fact that I have sisters with it, so she sent me to have some bloodwork done to test for that, and a fasting glucose test, thyroid test, and a beta test because she wanted to be certain that I'm not pregnant before prescribing Provera. She said she'll call me in a couple days with the results and from there she will call me in a script for Provera and possibly Metformin depending on the results of my fasting glucose test.

She mentioned Clomid, but I think she will want to do bloodwork to see if I am for sure not ovulating before prescribing it.

Anyway, I'm feeling really positive about everything and I am so glad I went. I'm sooo glad it's over, too!!

Plus I got a new pair of shoes and found caffeine free Diet Mountain Dew, and now I'm laying on the couch watching One Tree Hill, so today's been a good day. :happydance:

yay wanting:happydance: i am soo happy you are getting some answers, if you are not oving then i hope the clomid works for you :thumbup: let us know how the results of the blood test go
so glad you have a good gyn

im still waiting to hear from mine...but she is scary *gulp i hope she is nice, if not ill be changing thats for sure

Wanting- Glad you got to the Dr. I am in your same boat at the moment. Dr confirmed last week not preggo and prescribed me Provera. I am currently on the 5th day of Provera and so far havent really noticed anything as far as bad side effects. Once AF arrives I go for follow up blood work and HSG..talk about the hooha..not looking forward to that!

Dandy- Totally get how you are feeling. Good friend of mine is 19 weeks and finds out sex of baby next week. You are happy for them..just wish it was you sometimes!

Sugarcrystal- I definitely think you would feel better going to Dr. The problem is getting them to take you serious if under a year of TTC. My GYN didnt want to explore further until January..when clearly I have an issue if having 90 day irregular cycles! I went to a Reproductive Endocronologist. They seem to be more than willing to help.

Hope to be getting some more answers soon!:happydance:

yikes aries...let us know how the hsg thingy goes...um...do they go up ur hooha for that? :blush:

:hugs: yes we'll get there, and all get our BFP's

hi all still no af for me but id decided to just forget about it for a while the more i stress the later she will be

Dandy & Aries- Thanks so much! I am so glad that I'm getting somewhere and getting some answers. I feel very fortunate to have found an OB/GYN to take me seriously even though DH & I have only just started TTC. She said, "Well, it doesn't sound like you're ovulating, so obviously if you're not ovulating you're not going to get pregnant, so we're gonna get you to ovulate and get you that baby."

I definitely hope you get a good gyn Dandy!

Keep us updated with everything, Aries!!

Sorry to hear that AF is still MIA, lindsey. It truly sucks that you can't find someone to help you since clearly a 100+ day cycle is NOT normal!! :hugs:

Hi,

New to all this, I have a long and irregular cycle, plus almost 39 so biological clock ticking. Just wondered if anyone has taken soya isoflavones and agnus castus, or does anyone know if you shouldn't take both together. If you should only take one is one better than the other at shortening cycles?

Thanks xxx

wanting thats awesome that your gyn is so helpful :thumbup:

im with you lindsey, im trying :dohh: not successfully to forget about Oving atm, i dont want it to take any longer to get here than it already does :dohh:

my siggy says 5 months TTC which is the number i want to work off, thats after my pap smear and blood test to make sure all was normal. but the dr is taking it back to when i came off the pill and stopped using prevention...so we have kinda been TTC 10 months :dohh: which sounds tooo long for my liking but im working off the 5 months TTC theory (as thats when i've been temping and realllly trying) ;)

Sassy- Have not tried soy or angus cactus(vitex). A few of the girls on this thread may be trying right now. I am waiting for results from Dr after the :witch: arrives to see the next step. I have given is some thought though. I just dont want to mess my cycle up worse then it is without knowing whats up. Are u currently taking anything? Did you conceive your 3 boys with long cycles??

Sassy- Have not tried soy or angus cactus(vitex). A few of the girls on this thread may be trying right now. I am waiting for results from Dr after the :witch: arrives to see the next step. I have given is some thought though. I just dont want to mess my cycle up worse then it is without knowing whats up. Are u currently taking anything? Did you conceive your 3 boys with long cycles??

Hi, I think I have decided on Agnus Castus but could do with some help on the dosage and when to take (have read not to take if pregnant so do you only take it for part of cycle).

No, I'm not taking anything at the moment, I had a miscarriage almost two weeks ago with a pregnancy we hadn't planned (really pleased about pregnancy though). I think its made us realise how much we'd like another baby, but I've realised I don't have age on my side, plus having an irregular cycle makes it even more difficult.

My first son (was only 18) was a contraceptive pill accident. So was obviously having withdrawal bleeds not proper cycle.

My second son took almost two years to conceive, with really irregular, long cycles. However I bough a book 'How to get pregnant' I think it was called, and realised what signs to look for when ovulating. And got pregnant very quickly when I realised I was ovulating.

My third son, still don't know how he happened, bless him! But yes, was having irregular cycles.

My last pregnancy was one accident by my DH (if you know what I mean), pretty miraculous to get the one mistake in years at the right time considering I was having roughly 49 day + cycles.

So really I suppose I'm wanting to get a more regular cycle so we have more chance of conceiving. I think the panic is wrapped up in my paranoia about my age. I go tomorrow for a scan to check everythings ok from having the miscarriage, then, maybe, I'll be TTC tomorrow!

Thanks a lot for replying, all the best with you future TTC endeavours!
Love Sarah x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->