Irregular Cycle Sisters

Chele - whats this cd21 blood test procedure? I've seen quite a few threads now where a lot of girls go for this but I'm not entirely sure what it is or how I qualify to have one done myself. reckon you could educate me?

Hope they go well for you and you get your questions answered. I have been for blood tests taken within cd1 - 5 they all came back normal but in my eyes if it was normal I'd have regular cycles right? *sighs over my stupid un-cooperative body*

Chele - whats this cd21 blood test procedure? I've seen quite a few threads now where a lot of girls go for this but I'm not entirely sure what it is or how I qualify to have one done myself. reckon you could educate me?

Hope they go well for you and you get your questions answered. I have been for blood tests taken within cd1 - 5 they all came back normal but in my eyes if it was normal I'd have regular cycles right? *sighs over my stupid un-cooperative body*

haha, ok I'll try
This is what I remember

As most people ovulate around CD14, the CD21 bloods check progesterone levels after Ovulation has happened.
By CD21 pretty much most people have ovulated. Not us of course!
So my Dr said not to bother having them done as I wasn't ovulating. However because of a few issues I am having which I believe are linked to low progesterone, I want to have them done to check the actual levels at that time.

I remember when I was going through referral before though that I had to have CD21 and CD25 bloods done, in the hope that I ovulated, and maybe a little bit later so the CD25 bloods would show it.

Perhaps worth another trip to your doctor?

Hmmm very interesting info there Chele. I think I might just do that. I don't really feel pregnant (not that I've ever any previous history of ever being preggers, but I just don't feel the magic is happening for my dh and me if you get what I mean. I've done nearly everything this month, used preseed, had green tea, raspberry tea, evening primrose oil and a load of other supplements (with the exception of having agnus castus a tad late, but I had it for 5 days in total).

My ovulation monitor still hasnt shown me a peak reading yet, it's done 7 days of highs so thats confusing me.

I wish I could just sit my dr down and say to her "I'm not leaving the surgery until you pin point my irregular cycle issue and prescribe me the antidote" Only in my dreams though, only in my dreams

Like chele said the cd 21 blood test tests your progesterone to see if you ovulated. This is assuming that you ovulate on the textbook day 14, which obviously isn't always the case. To be most accurate it needs to be done 7 dpo. A lot of doctors will always say to have it done cd 21 regardless.

I have been going every month to have my progesterone checked since I've been on clomid but I've ended up going on cd 23 because 21 has been on Saturday every month.

well seems i havent ovd again i HATE HATE HATE my stupid body wish i could have a regular cycle just for once :(

do you think AF will show tomorrow? Your crosshairs are still there so maybe you'll have another 16 day LP
:hugs:

Tanz- your 6dpo temp drop could be implantation dip?

sorry lindsey, i though i saw you go bak to cd1 :shrug: sorry this cycle is being a b****

:hugs: lindsey

I went to the dr yesterday about that cd21 and she says I can have the test done by all means but it will just come back saying I've not ovulated. Or if by some miracle I have then it will just ovulation positive. It won't say if there is an actual problem with the levels.

But my CD2 bloods show I have good ovarian reserve and am not going into ovarian failure which is a good thing.

But it got me wondering, as basically she was saying that because I've had no miscarriages, and had a healthy(ish) pregnancy then I will be treated as "normal" and prob given Clomid. They will only investigate low progesterone if I have a miscarriage. Well, that's just a weight off my mind. Is it eck. Am more stressed now than ever.

So I might go for the CD21, not decided yet. I want to get it done so they can see I don't ovulate regularly, rather than not have it done and them then say oh you do need it doing to get your fertility appointment

chele :hugs: well I hope they put u on clomid and that it works for you :thumbup:

thanks dandy
yeah me too!!

Am hoping to get my appointment by the end of March at the latest

just noticed we're nearly at the same stage in our cycles again
Yaay! OV the next few days hey? :rofl:

well defo no ov for me , taken my first lot of ac thismorn so hopefully that will help sumwhow

oh yeah chele hopefully we will Ov around the same time :thumbup:

lindsey i hope the AC works for you :thumbup:

Had the smear today I needed to get done for my fertility referral
OMG I totally nearly passed out I got myself so worked up. They never bothered me before but since having Max I'm funny with people messing around up there. Anyways luckily it only hurt a tiny bit and have hardly cramped since. I'm sure I've got a lot more prodding and poking up there to come. Yaaaay (sarcasm)
x

chele :hugs: glad thats over with, for you, but yeah im sure there is more to come :dohh:

do you think AF will show tomorrow? Your crosshairs are still there so maybe you'll have another 16 day LP
:hugs:

Tanz- your 6dpo temp drop could be implantation dip?

Soz Chele completely missed this, been a bit pre-occupied. I'm not sure what's happening with my chart this month. It keeps moving my cross hair from cd13 to cd21, I predicted (using the "trial and error method") that regardless of what temp I get tomorrow it's going to knock my cross hair off altogether and regardless of what happens on Sunday it will also refuse to put a cross hair on my chart....so I'm thinking I've not even ovulated this month :(

Mind you I'm wondering if it's because it assumes I'll be testing at the weekend or that AF is due :S Either way I'm confused, tired of Symptom spotting and tired of charting.

Girls I think I actually might ovulate this cycle!! Last night I got an almost positive ovulation test...and this morning got one that I think is a true positive!! I have taken lots of ov tests over the last few months and almost always had a very faint line with a few slightly darker ones, but nothing like the last couple of days. I am SO excited!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->