Irregular Cycle Sisters

wow hot chillies thats great :happydance: fxed it all goes to plan for you :hugs:

i dont know if i would be doing that date soup thingy :sick: but i would like to try the acupuncture, do u do the accupressure at home? did the acupuncturist show u what to do?

thats great your OH is finally getting it :thumbup:

Yes, the acupuncturist showed me which points to press. I do it at home. There is one on the inner side of the feet, about 2" below the thumb that you press in semi circles, toward you and away from you. Hard to explain.
He also asked me to put my feet in warm water every night before sleeping for 10 minutes. Also, I have been taking prenatal vitamins and fish oil & vitamin D supplements.
Just sharing all I can with you'll.

I dont want to start celebrating too early. Let me see if I actually do ovulate and finish the whole process. Then it will mean something.

yes fxed for you hot chillies...how long were ur cycles? before going to the acupunctureist? maybe its something i could do while still seeing my gyn

My last cycle was 114 days ( I had major stressful events uring this cycle). Before that I had 2 cycles of 37 days which is normal for me. Before that they varied for about 3 months between 57 to 69 days. ( I was traveling to Europe and India, stress with in laws etc.) Before that I was regularly 32 days for about 8 months. Before that I was irregular when I came off birth control pills for about 6 months.

Like I said earlier, I can only vouch for acupuncture after the whole process is done and I have one or more whole normal cycles.

In the meantime, if you are looking for an acupuncturist, see if he has qi gong music along with acupuncture. My friend's acupuncturist does not have the music and she gets bored during the process. I think the music has played a big role for me. He plays different music each time I go to nourish/ heal different organs. Sounds stupid and superstitious naa, but it has worked for me. Get recommendations from your family doctor and get free consultations from 2-3 acupuncturists before you decide on one. Also, check insurance coverage.

Btw, my gynac will laugh at me if I tell her that I went to an acupuncturist. Althoug it was her callous attitude that pushed me toward this. Otherwise, she was my 1st preference.

ah ok thanx hot chillie sounds like stress is a big factor for your cycles :hugs:

i came off the pill 10 months ago so thats how long the dr says we've been "trying" but we only really started actively trying about 5 months ago...that sounds better to me :dohh:

anyway comign off the pill my cycles were about every 2 months on the dot (about 60 days long) then i had the flu shot one month and ended up with the flu and my cycle was 4 months long, since the 4 month long one i have had 1 3 month long one and am now on my next cycle...hope its max 3 months long, it gets quite stressful!!

My gynac says I am borderline PCOS. I am hairy but my testosterone is not high. She also showed some tiny cysts on the ovaries. Her answer to most problems is clomid. I did some research that found that it is not abnormal to have small benign cysts. Severe PCOS cysts are different. So, I dismissed her.
My family doctor considers me borderline hypothyroid. I have taken these thyroid tablets for a couple of months but did not want to take them forever. I disagree with his diagnosis because my TSH levels are normal. I had to do some reading and consulting between these 2 doctors. Both gynac and doctor have talked and they disagree with each others diagnosis. Which is why I had to look at other answers, alternative medicine. My husband has ridiculed me for even considering acupuncture. He used to come with me to the free consulting session with the acupuncturist and he used to question their science, trying to make them look like a fool. But I persisted.

My acupuncturist was the only one who said that stress is the factor affecting my cycles. He also explained that these medicines (bc pills, levothyroxine) only supply artificial hormones. Your body stops producing these hormones if they are externally supplied. Once the medication is stopped, the body goes crazy trying to back track data on how and when to produce hormones. Hence, the problems.

I have been TTC since April. This is my 4th cycle TTC in 6 months because I had one extremely long cycle. The CM is 3-4" streaked and stretchy now!!!!!!!!!!!!!First time I discovered this in 30 years! Vow! It almost seemed magical to me!
And I need Heavy Baby Dustfall from Angels now :)

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: theres lots for you i really hope it happens for you!!

I feel for you lindseyanne. My last cycle was 114 days and I was extremely frustrated. Keep doing the right things and I am sure things will work out for you. Good Luck!

gosh lindsey, i know how u feel, stay positive and keep relaxing when u can, you are doing everything u can atm :hugs:

HotChilles- So Happy for you! My friend swears by acupuncture. I am taking medical route at the moment but may give that a try soon!

Lindseyanne- Hang in there hun. we all know his frustrating it can be. I thought you said you may have ovulated not too long ago? Are you temping? If not, I think you should so you can tell whem u do ovulate eventually if you havent already. Goodluck!

I had the HSG today. I think everyone has a different experience, but I had really bad period like cramping and also bleeding...still. The good news is though that my tubes look all clear! I have to schedule appointment to follow up with all these tests the last few weeks. My LH was higher then FSH on day 3 bloodwork so we will see about PCOS. Keep you girls posted!

Lindsey, I know exactly how you feel honey. Just keep your head up and try to stay positive...I know that's easier said than done!!

Aries, glad your HSG went well!! Great news that your tubes are clear. Keep us upated about everything!!

I went for my doctor's appointment this morning and it went great! Pretty much we discussed my lab results, which of course I knew that everything but my testosterone was normal. We talked a little bit about my diagnosis of PCOS and then jumped straight into talking about what it means for me as far as TTC. Since I'm clearly not ovulating on my own frequently if at all, she decided to go ahead and put me on Clomid. I'm also taking Provera for 10 days to stop my current period and start a new period to make sure everything that has built up in the 6 months since my last period is cleared out, and then I will take Clomid CD 5-9.

I'm sooo excited and feel so fortunate that I haven't had to endure long months of TTC in vain before being able to get some help. I know many people aren't so fortunate. Let me say that I just love my doctor!!

She wants to do CD 21 bloodwork, so now my only question is if I should go ahead and start taking the Provera or wait, because CD 21 could possibly fall during my vacation next month. I might call back and ask her about that.

thats great news wanting :happydance: so happy that you are on track with getting your help :) i kinda cant wait for my gyn appy so she can maybe put me on clomid too, though my cycles arent as long as urs (6 months!!) hopefully they can fix me

so im excited and scared as i dont know how nice the gyn is gonna be :argh: hope she is nice

Aries28,
Where have you been? And what is HSG? Is this with OB/GYN or RE?

Wanting2010,
Glad you got it all figured out! That should make it easy now.

Aries28,
Where have you been? And what is HSG? Is this with OB/GYN or RE?

HSG is short for hysterosalpingpgram...it is an xray of ur uterus, Fallopian tubes and ovaries. They inject a dye into your uterus and the xray reveals if there are any blockages or if all is clear. I think it can detect polyps, large cysts etc. I'm glad it appears all is clear for m..but it was not comfortable. AF cramps times 10..but goes away quickly. I am seeing an RE and my follow up is in 2 weeks to go over results! FX!

long cycles suck i cant even remember what af pain feels like anymore!

My temperature has not gone up, 2 days after it should have gone up. Getting nervous. It might be a long cycle again :-(

:hugs: chillies

looks like im in for another long cycle too :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"