Irregular Cycle Sisters

:thumbup: thats great linsdey :hugs: lets hope you get a BFP and no AF (if you were trying that is)

scamp i might be going on clomid soon also :hugs: good luck with it

Hi Scamp! Welcome to the thread! =) I can totally relate to the frustration of irregular cycles!! Just went to the OB/GYN and she said it sounds like I have PCOS and she mentioned Clomid, but I'm not sure yet what exactly is gonna happen with that and when.

Dandy- I might be able to squeeze ya into one of my suitcases!! Might be a tight fit though =P

Lindsey- Hope you ov'ed honey!!

I might not need to take Provera after all...I woke up this morning with a few spots of blood in my panties and I've been spotting ever since. I'm having some cramps, as well, and have been super super emotional today, plus my boobs are starting to feel a little tender--that always happens before I get my period. So, I think AF is trying to be on her way! Maybe I will start a new cycle before I reach CD 200!!

I'm not sure if my gyn will want to do CD 21 bloodwork or what, but I guess I'll find that out tomorrow when I call for my test results.

My doctor's office just called me back with some of my blood test results. They tested my thyroid, prolactin, glucose, and testosterone and with the exception of the testosterone (which hasn't come back yet), everything was normal. I expect that my testosterone levels will come back above normal which will indicate that I do have PCOS since everything else is fine. They are supposed to call me back when they get the testosterone results.

So relieved to finally be getting some answers!! And relieved that I won't have to start taking Metformin or thyroid meds. https://s2.bbstatic.com/images/smilies/happydance2.gif

I started spotting yesterday and it was brown, and when I woke up this morning it was gone, but now I'm spotting again...well, it's more like a very light AF...and it's bright red. Usually my periods are so heavy that I have to wear a pad and a tampon and change them every couple of hours for the first couple of days. If this is indeed AF, I am so confused as to why it isn't much heavier, especially since my last period was 6 months ago.

My body is so confusing. https://s2.bbstatic.com/images/smilies/doh.gif

thats good news wanting :hugs: then you can start on clomid or something and maybe ur cycles will improve :hugs:

can they give results over the phone there? we have to go in for our results or we have to wait for a letter :dohh:

It is good news!! I'm definitely relieved!! But now I'm kind of worried that the testosterone levels will come back normal, too, and my weird cycles will have no medical cause.

Yeah, they can give results over the phone here...I'm glad for that since my OB/GYN is over an hour drive away.

My pap was normal too, forgot to mention that.

I'm just very confused about whether to consider today CD 1 or not. The blood is bright red but very light. Hmm... I guess I'll wait til tomorrow to see what's going on then.

I'm still bleeding today, though not as much as with my usual periods, but I guess I will call yesterday CD 1! So today is CD 2, and now I've got to decide if I'm going to try soy this cycle or not. I might just wait til I talk to my OB/GYN about my testosterone results and ask her what my options are.

yes wanting, i would wait if i was you, they might have something else/better/different you can try :shrug:

Hey girls! I have been kinda MIA lately waiting for the :witch: to arrive after provera. she actually arrived yesterday on my 12th day of provera...glad I dont have to wait even longer for her to arrive! On to day 2-3 bloods and ultrasound tomorrow. Will keep you posted! I also have an HSG scheduled for next week..not looking forward to that but I hope to be getting some answers here soon. All this waiting has been driving me crazy..kinda in the dumps today..but i think that is how AF makes you feel regardless!

Wanting- did you hear back from your Dr on the next step? Are you starting clomid?

Hope everyone is doing well.

yay aries glad that AF has arrived for you :hugs: looking forward to hearing what your results of test and ultra sound

Glad that AF arrived for you Aries! Let us know how everything goes tomorrow and also with the HSG next week! I know how ya feel about waiting driving you crazy, haha. I'm surprised my husband and best friend haven't been driven crazy by my impatience!! :blush: I'm still waiting for the results on my testosterone bloodwork. Grrr! :growlmad: So I'm not sure about Clomid. If she does give it to me I am probably going to have to wait until my next cycle-whenever that may be-to take it since today is already CD 3.

:haha: wanting, i was the same...i had to wait 2 weeks for my last blood test results :dohh: i was soo impatient

im freaking out about seeing this gyn in oct :( apparently she can be abrupt...i hope she isnt mean or rude to me :argh:

im expecting another 3 month long cycle...so i have to be patient or i'd go insane :wacko:

I got my testosterone results back today, and it was high, so I do have PCOS. =\ I figured I did because I have most of the classic symptoms, and I'm relieved to have a medical reason for my whacko cycles!! I am feeling pretty optimistic about TTC with PCOS, and I'm glad I found out at the beginning of my journey rather than months or years down the road.

I have another appointment with my obgyn next Thursday. Argh, more waiting!! ;) :p

Dandy, I hope your gyn isn't mean!! I had a terrible experience with an abrupt gyn when I went for my first pap a couple years ago. It was miserable!! I went into my first appointment with this gyn scared to death that it would be a repeat of my first experience, but thankfully it was the total opposite!! It's so hard to find a good doctor! :cry:

Hopefully you won't have another 3 month long cycle! Maybe when you go, if AF hasn't arrived by then you will get Provera or something. :hugs:

Hey,

I am back to my cheerful happy self. I am on CD 9. I am doing 4 things for myself:
1. Refering to bk: Taking Charge of Your Fertility - Toni W. (very helpful, relaxes my mind because I get the information and sample BBT charts that I need to refer to)
2. Qi gong music (makes me happy)
3. Acupuncture (to treat my irregular cycle)
4. Pranayama Yoga (Breathing exercises: Feels awesome. Look it up on you tube)

Somehow got my husband to go to a Semen Analysis Test this Monday.
I am trying to do all the right things. I wanted to share them with you all beloved friends.

Good Luck to all! Getting ready to spice up next week for BD.

Need TTC Buddies: Contact me if you'd like to join me in my journey.

Hey dandy brush,

My experience with Ob/gyns is similar. Although she may be right, she just says it so rudely that I do not want to trust her. She does not have enough time to help explain etc.

I got my testosterone results back today, and it was high, so I do have PCOS. =\ I figured I did because I have most of the classic symptoms, and I'm relieved to have a medical reason for my whacko cycles!! I am feeling pretty optimistic about TTC with PCOS, and I'm glad I found out at the beginning of my journey rather than months or years down the road.

I have another appointment with my obgyn next Thursday. Argh, more waiting!! ;) :p

Dandy, I hope your gyn isn't mean!! I had a terrible experience with an abrupt gyn when I went for my first pap a couple years ago. It was miserable!! I went into my first appointment with this gyn scared to death that it would be a repeat of my first experience, but thankfully it was the total opposite!! It's so hard to find a good doctor! :cry:

Hopefully you won't have another 3 month long cycle! Maybe when you go, if AF hasn't arrived by then you will get Provera or something. :hugs:

:happydance: yay wanting, looks like you and me can be pcos buddies :thumbup: it is good to have a diagnosis :) mine wont be confirmed till i see my gyn :argh:

Hey dandy brush,

My experience with Ob/gyns is similar. Although she may be right, she just says it so rudely that I do not want to trust her. She does not have enough time to help explain etc.

i really hope she is abrupt without being mean/rude :argh: if so i can handle that, if not then ill be asking for a diff gyn :thumbup:

hot chillie has the acupuncture helped in any way you have noticed? i am keen to give it a go

Dandybrush,

I am working on it. I will know in a week if things have improved. Till then I have be patient, which is hard. Will let you know.

ill have to agree with the patience being hard :dohh: looking forward to your opinion on its effects :)

That's what I told my friend, dandy...it sucks to have PCOS, but at least I know that there's a medical reason for my irregular cycles and that there is treatment and ways to conceive with it. It's a relief!! You have about a month til your appointment, right? I hope it goes by fast for you...waiting is the worst part!!

Tomorrow is my next appointment and I'm pretty excited about it. I'm looking forward to seeing what she has to say about TTC and all. =)

yeah Oct 16...:dohh:

oh im excited for you :happydance: let us know how it goes :thumbup:

Yesteray was session 8 out of 10 on acupuncture. I am on CD 13 and ovulating! Dont want to jinx it. Please pray for me. My acupuncturist says that if things go well, I should have a 28-30 day cycle till there is another stressful event in life. Cannot say anything about the validity of this now. Will keep you posted.

What I have been doing?
I am pressing accupressure points on my feet for menstrual regulation. I am having chicken broth with red dates as recommended by acupuncturist to bring up my yang deficiency. I added seaweed to the soup to add iodine incase my thyroid is low. I am doing breathing exercises -pranayama and I listen to qi gong music whenever any bad memories come to me. Bad memories stress me out and stress delays ovulation.

I am refering to Taking Charge of your Fertility Book for pictures of cervical fluid and BBT references. I am charting BBT, following cervical fluid and OPK.
Not at the stretchy cervical fluid yet. Studying myself with that respect, never done it before.

The hard part now is to get my hubby to BD everyday in this phase. Earlier he has not taken this part seriously which has severely stressed me. Now he knows and he made the effort last night, which is my I am a little happy today.

I just wanted to share this with you angels who are on the same journey. Lots of love and babydust to all!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->