Irregular Cycle Sisters

Thanks Linz,

I tried Soy myself and found that I spent the first half my cycle spotting on and off for a couple of weeks, really annoying actually. What will you try next time?

im just gonna have to go natural until we get bens spermys up to scratch then takr clomid

we only have £100 on the excess for insurance and as my hubby is under 25 we're already paying over £2k for annual insurance so it's going to go through the roof if we took that option. Looks like it's going to have to be out of our own pockets which is a big bummer.

I see you've been getting + OPK's over the past few days, thats really good.

I've been alright with the Clomid, I've taken it at 8.30 every night and I'm actually starting to see improvement in my skin which I hope is down to it. I'm sleeping heavier too but I don't know if thats because of the Clomid or because I'm no longer in the 2ww so my body isn't as excited to wake up in the mornings.

Either way this week has dragged and it's only been a 4 day working week. I think it's time to look for another job too. My current one is too technical for my liking and I'm happier doing mindless work as opposed to thinking...but don't know where to look

That's a shame. I can't believe how much the insurance is. It's rediculious!

I sleep like a baby on clomid, I almost look forward to taking them.

Yep getting positive opks my 4th one today but it was a bit light so fx I ov'd today.

Xxx

Yeah lets hope you ovulate today, make sure you've had plenty of time put aside for the baby making part ;)

Hey girls any updates?

I'm on my 5th and final day of Clomid, I guess waiting part 1 is in process :S

I *think* I may have actually ovulated now my temp in the evening is usually a good indicator for the next day and it's currently 37 degrees. Fx it's not a false alarm!

I hope clomid works well for you xxx

You might find when you put in tomorrows temp the cross hairs may not appear, or they'll appear dotted. FF detects ovulation with the Opk's, 3 elevated temps BUT one of them has to have been higher than the temps 6 days previous to OV, so for yours it has to be higher than 36.8

If you find it doesn't, try a "tester" in CD33 or 34

Then again I may be completely wrong but thought I should give you a heads up in the off chance it does happen :)

Hope you get your crosshairs!

Hope you oved Carhar!

Tanzi, how's the Clomid treating you so far? Any side effects?

cd 30 and still no ov never never never never again am i taking soy! no way no way

Im currently on CD11 and took my last pills of clomid on thursday.. i had some side effects the cycle.. i was a lil nauseous on the 3rd day and on the last day i had a bad headache and was very irritible.. everyone got on my nerves that day and im not usually like that.. but thankfully they all went away 2 days after.. ive been feeling pretty good this cycle and have been using OPKs for the first time.. and have been gettin very faint lines the last 2 days.. kind of confused about that.. im not due to O for another 7-8 days??
any advice??

hey wanting, no obvious Clomid side effects as such, the last tablet I took though I felt boiling for about an hour afterwards (possibly hot flush perhaps) but not much else. my skin looks good but that could be down to anything, the 2 cups of green tea I take, EPO, yoga -

How did you find Clomid? I've actually got some questions if you don't mind answering:

if you ovulated before taking the stuff will you more than likely still ovulate on the stuff?

is it possible to go from a 50+ cycle straight down to 30 in one cycle (not that I want that((obviously want a bfp)) but I'm wondering how likely I'll ovulate on cd15 which is only a week away!

what cycle length were your periods when you were on it, what are they like now?

I have so many questions and I've posted on the clomid groups but my posts seem to get lost in the thousands of other posters!

Linz - hope you're doing ok, it's a shame FF hasn't detected ovulation considering you've just been through a fertile patch, grr how annoying!!

EjPerkins - ooo we're Clomid sisters!!! it sucks that you've had some dodgy side effects but at least you're finished for this round :)

About the OPK's I found that there can be faint lines on OPK's from about cd10 and they just don't mean anything. The sticks are looking for the hormone which stimulates the release of the egg, it could just be your hormones are just balancing out which is expected since you've just had a period. But then you have to take into consideration the fact your now on Clomid which may be a factor in seeing the faint lines.

If I was you I'd ignore what you're currently seeing but just look out for the darker lines to appear. I'd send you screenshots of my collected opk's from cd10 right up to ovulation (cd40!!) but there's tonnes on there!

Update on the vandalism:

Looks like we know who's vandalised the car too - we were back less than 10 minutes and heard this massive banging on one of the living room windows, it then moved round to the other windows and we saw someone thumping on them, he was looking in too.

Hubby opened the window and this thug on the 3rd floor started yelling at him accusing him of shutting the fire door, when we've never even been near it but this guy wasn't having any of it. He seems to think we're doing it and was very threatening. We phoned the police to update the crime number and also phoned the building owners. I can't stop crying, I'm devasted. I know we have nothing solid but he thinks we've wronged him so we've concluded it must have been him who damaged our car.

I'm in such a mess at the minute, I want to move flats in the next week or 2, but it would be a strain. Then there's the holiday in 2 months we need to think about then finding a house on top of it too - I just don't know why this guy has it in for us.

1 thing is for sure, I want him out of the flats and thrown in jail with no food or drink.

Tanz- When I took Clomid I didn't really have many side effects on 50 mg, but when I got up to 100 mg and then especially 150 mg they started getting worse. The biggest thing for me was that I was SO moody and from about CD 12ish on I would just feel so depressed and hopeless! It definitely wreaked havoc on my moods.

Since you have long cycles the Clomid should make you ov earlier and shorten your cycle. Mine ended up being about 33 days with a 14 day LP. They say you should ov 5-10 days after the last pill, but I didn't until about 13 or 14 days after.

I've been having to take Provera to induce periods ever since my last cycle of Clomid because I haven't been ovulating. With Provera my cycles have been about 45 days.

still no ov for me i give up

dont give up yet.. you just have to believe.. im in the same boat as you.. ill find out on the 16th of this month if i O'ed or not.. im always so nervous to get it done and have someone else look at the number first cuz i cant stand being disappointed again, and again.. this is my 7th cycle of clomid and only O'ed once per the doctor, but i thought if u have a period on ur own then that means u O'ed.. im so confused on that matter.. i think the doc is just testing me to early cuz by my records i dont O until cd 18 or 19 and then i get my blood tested on CD 22 so i dont think that is enough time in between there to raise my levels but again I dont know much on that either..
but dont give up yet.. :hugs:

still no ov for me i give up

dont give up yet.. you just have to believe.. im in the same boat as you.. ill find out on the 16th of this month if i O'ed or not.. im always so nervous to get it done and have someone else look at the number first cuz i cant stand being disappointed again, and again.. this is my 7th cycle of clomid and only O'ed once per the doctor, but i thought if u have a period on ur own then that means u O'ed.. im so confused on that matter.. i think the doc is just testing me to early cuz by my records i dont O until cd 18 or 19 and then i get my blood tested on CD 22 so i dont think that is enough time in between there to raise my levels but again I dont know much on that either..
but dont give up yet.. :hugs:

the probelm is for me if i dont ov by say day 37 my af will come on her own always does lately and im starting to get af cramps cant wait to we get hubbys sperm to scarctch so i can at least get a try at clomid soy hasnt helped, ac never helped and macca helpd for only a short time

Can I join??? :flower:
I'm super irregular, always have been. Doc just simply put me on the pill to fix it.

My 'average' cycle is 101 days, with the shortest 85 or so. :shrug: :wacko:

My periods began:
11/5/10
1/31/11
6/10/11
9/6/11

We've been NTNTP for a year tomorrow! :cry:

Soooooo when I finally got my period this time, I ran out to the store to grab some ibuprofen, maxi pads, and....going to try soy and see what happens. :thumbup:
Taking 80 mg of soy on CD 1-5 this time round.

Praying and praying for an Oct BFP as it's DH's birthday on 10/24 and he'd love the news.

:dust::dust::dust:

Dust and hugs to all!

maybe clomid is the best thing for you then.. how are you guys goin to get ur hubbys count up? just curious in case we have to do that? :flower:

maybe clomid is the best thing for you then.. how are you guys goin to get ur hubbys count up? just curious in case we have to do that? :flower:

hes taking vitamins and macca and healthy eating thats all it takes sometimes men are lucky that with 3 mths of healthy lving etc they can repleninsh there sperm healthy stuff unlike us woman with eggs etc

I always had bad reactions to the Pill, so we're really trying a more natural approach for now. (Which is why we're moving from NTNP to TTC after a whole year...:cry: )

Not sure about husband's count...any suggestions? *races to google to research*
---------------------------------------
Ways to Increase Sperm Counts

So the good news? Improving sperm counts and promoting overall male fertility health is something all men can achieve through simple changes in diet and/or lifestyle. Let's take a look at some of things you can do...

• Needless to say, bad health will lead to a compromised sperm count. If you are TTC, you should refrain from illicit drug use, quit smoking, and moderate or quit drinking alcohol.
• On the topic of sound health, consider cutting out unhealthy processed foods and switch to a high protein diet rich in vegetables and whole grains but low in fats. Organic foods when possible are also suggested!
• Regular exercise is also a big part of a healthy lifestyle and will reduce stress hormones that may damage sperm. Getting in shape is good idea for fertility in general for both women and men. At the same time, over-exercise can be detrimental, and in particular avoid any exercises that my impact or stress the testicles. If you're an avid cycler, make sure you don't ride too much. A doctor can tell you more. Also consider stress-reducing exercise like yoga, tai chi, or meditation practice.
• If you have a documented sperm count issue, then timing intercourse and regulating the frequency of sex (to around three day intervals) may be advised. However, your doctor can provide you with more specific details based on your unique circumstances.
• Its been suggested that sperm counts are highest during the morning hours. That would mean having procreative sex in morning to afternoon hours.
• Heat can compromise sperm health. Avoid hot-tubs and even tight underwear! Switch to jockey shorts and ensure a cool climate for the swimmers.
• Consider supplements like FertilAid for Men. When it comes to sperm health, minerals like zinc & selenium, amino acids like l-carnitine, and antioxidants like Vitamin C and Vitamin E are very crucial to sperm health. L-carnitine is particularly important for sperm motility. A recent clinical study revealed that FertilAid increased both sperm motility and count.
-------------------------------------
https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/increasesperm.html

Welcome Rin :flower:

Interesting.... Didn't know sperm was better quality in the morning!

Tanz- sorry about your neighbour. Perhaps if you're there at christmas you could buy him a dictionary and some manners. Seems like a total idiot (refrained from using a stronger word) x

Lynz- :hugs: like EJ said don't give up. You just need to find out what suits you best. I think once Ben's sperm count increases Clomid will work a treat x

EJ - Fx you ov'd x

Wanting - good to see you here again x

Well I'm now confident I've ov'd, but think I'm going to have the mother of all af's as I've been cramping since 4dpo x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->