Irregular Cycle Sisters

I've not tried metformin, my doc seems to think that if 3 rounds of clomid doesn't work then it's into surgery to get the blood blister removed - EEP!

Have you found out if those symptoms were due to the medication?

Just waiting, as always, on these long cycles! :coffee:
Only 4 of them in 7 mo of TTC! :dohh:

Just waiting, as always, on these long cycles! :coffee:
Only 4 of them in 7 mo of TTC! :dohh:

I understand. I've been NTNP 11 months (on soy this month), so all in all around a year of NTNP...and I've had 4 cycles.

11/05/10, 01/31/11, 06/10/11, and 9/06/11.

:dohh: :cry:

I took soy this cycle, and I think I OVed about 2 weeks ago (who knows, I didn't OPK)...so I really should get a test, but I don't want to get my hopes up.
I think I'll get one on Friday...:shrug:

Hey Ladies,

Was wondering if I could join in?

I just got my period today! It was due on September 4th. I was regular all of this year, but I have been on and off irregular since I was about 14 (am now almost 22).

I have not been diagnosed with anything, just have had "PCOS" tossed around. I'm kind of bitter that no one is willing to diagnose me with anything. Without a diagnosis, there is no cure!

I just started taking metformin 4 days ago.

I had the weirdest thing happen to me before starting. I had the "old blood" dark brownish stuff for 8 days before my actual period started. This has never happened to me before. I had no idea if I should consider it my period or not. I never had to wear a panty liner let alone a tampon.

Ah well, AF is here now, which will be great considering I have a bunch of ovulation tests at home just WAITING to be tinkled on!

I thought I was going to be good this time and not get test happy since I didn't have any, lol. But somehow while in walmart I wandered over to the feminine isle and guess what?

I bought 6.

They had the bonus test pack, damn. I cant pass up a bargin.

Welcome to the thread mindgames!

hi mindgames77 yeah feel free to stay and chit chat :)

So let me get this right, you have been tested and confirmed you're not PCOS - I know what you mean about not having a diagnosis, I think the worst part is that when you TTC you have to wait a year before a Gyn will see you and what if it's too late then?!

Another girl on here is on the metformin, you'll have to let is know if you've had any side effects from it.

It sounds like you were spotting on those 8 days, some charting websites class a period as a "time when you need to wear a tampon or towel". How do you find OPK's do you get strong lines?

CassieC so which tests did you buy? I can't wait to come over to the USA next month, I so want to walk into walmart or dollar tree and buy some of the test sticks just so I can say I've tried them, hehe I'm a saddo.

had such bad stomache pains last night woke with them at 2 am and wouldnt budge no matter what i did so got myself on google lol and seems side effects of the metformin:dohh:

Welcome to all the newbies hope every 1 is doing good and holding on in there and not testing to soon lol.

:dust: :dust: :dust:

So let me get this right, you have been tested and confirmed you're not PCOS - I know what you mean about not having a diagnosis, I think the worst part is that when you TTC you have to wait a year before a Gyn will see you and what if it's too late then?!

Another girl on here is on the metformin, you'll have to let is know if you've had any side effects from it.

It sounds like you were spotting on those 8 days, some charting websites class a period as a "time when you need to wear a tampon or towel". How do you find OPK's do you get strong lines?

CassieC so which tests did you buy? I can't wait to come over to the USA next month, I so want to walk into walmart or dollar tree and buy some of the test sticks just so I can say I've tried them, hehe I'm a saddo.

Oh nothing special, the Answer ones and Clear Blue Digi tests. I have never done the digital ones before since they are a bit pricier. They had 3 test for the price of 2, bah, I always fall for that, lol. :dohh:

Where in the US are you coming to?

I've had some blood tests done and they came back normal. I asked my doctor, "Does this mean I don't have PCOS" and he said "Well you don't have all of the symtoms but we can't rule it out", and I asked "So I do have it then?" and he basically said he can't confirm I do. And left it at that.

The 8 days must just have been spotting because its full blown now!

And I haven't noticed any side effects from the metformin except maybe a bit more gassy. I also notice...tmi....that my bowel movements stink more haha.

Other then that, yesterday I had some pretty bad heart burn (which I don't normally get!) and I thought it could have been from the met.

I've had some blood tests done and they came back normal. I asked my doctor, "Does this mean I don't have PCOS" and he said "Well you don't have all of the symtoms but we can't rule it out", and I asked "So I do have it then?" and he basically said he can't confirm I do. And left it at that.

The 8 days must just have been spotting because its full blown now!

And I haven't noticed any side effects from the metformin except maybe a bit more gassy. I also notice...tmi....that my bowel movements stink more haha.

Other then that, yesterday I had some pretty bad heart burn (which I don't normally get!) and I thought it could have been from the met.
tmi too but i have also noticed my number 2 stinks more and im more windy and have aawful heaartburn:haha:

CassieC - I'm going to orlando and cannot wait to get away from all the rubbish things like work & money and we're just going to have a right good blast!

Ooo think I'll get some of the Answer ones, I don't think they're sold in the UK

mindgames77 - pft doctors can be tricky people at times can't they? so whats next for you then, back for more tests?

They should call Metformin MeFartingstinks!

I like the Answer tests because they are middle of the price range. Not the cheapies and not the expensive ones either. I have issues thinking that the cheapies might miss something, lol. Even though they are prolly all the same. And I kinda trick myself into not testing all the time because of the cost, lol.

Well not too sure what is next for me. Doctor says to try to lose weight and in 3 months he'll see me again. Wants to test my cholesterol.

Other then that, I have no idea. I guess I just need to focus on losing weight. I need to lose 53 lbs to be in the normal BMI range.

I go to Walmart and get the cheapie $0.88 tests they have...:haha:

Especially since I usually buy a bunch at a time. :dohh:

We don't have 88 cent test here! Not fair. Our walmart brand, the equate ones are 4.88. For one.

hi ladies how are you all? im getting myself prematulrly exited lol day 15 and i have ov signs tummy cramps, pain in ovary and cm could it be that the meds have worked already?:shrug:

hi ladies how are you all? im getting myself prematulrly exited lol day 15 and i have ov signs tummy cramps, pain in ovary and cm could it be that the meds have worked already?:shrug:

Hi there I got that the first moth of taking met and no preg lol. I can take between 3 to 6 months to kick in. figers crossed though that it has work fast for you

Hi there I got that the first moth of taking met and no preg lol. I can take between 3 to 6 months to kick in. figers crossed though that it has work fast for you

thank you ive only taken the tabs for 6 days and only 500mg a day so wasnt sure if it was even possible seeing as if last mth was 50 days lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->