is anyone an ex smoker?

gingmg

Reaction score
Please don't judge me. I am not pregnant, but we have been trying. I am trying to quit, but haven't been able to. I always said I would quit when I found out, but now I am starting to think the smoking is why I have not gotten pregnant yet. I am currently feeling hopeless and am afraid I have already caused irreversible damage. I try to quit every few days, but have not been successful yet. I will keep trying to quit. Please someone tell me you used to smoke so I don't give up hope. I need some inspiration here!!!! I need to know there is hope for me.

I use to smoke before my first and quit while pregnant but quitting during pregnancy is alot hard because of the extra stress and also the restrictions you have on certain products you can't use

My brother in law room chantix after smoking for 20 years and now hasn't had a smoke in 6 months and has no desire to start up again. It takes away the need completely apparently .

I used to smoke a pack a day. I wanted to quit before getting pregnant but couldn't. I wanted to quit when I found out I was pregnant but also couldn't. I quit at 18 weeks. I wish I had done it before because it was so hard and I felt nothing but guilty.

I was hypnotized twice. Id get so anxious and upset about quitting forever. What worked for me finally was telling myself I just had to take a break for a while. Not actually quitting, just taking a break. I haven't picked them up since.

Plenty of smokers get pregnant so no worries there. Just try cutting back and eventually "take a break." Do it now its so worth not having this added stress while pregnant but if you can't don't beat yourself up about it either. Good luck!

Hey I used to smoke right up till the day I found out I was pregnant. I sed to worry that smoking could of ruined any chances but it didn't. Try cutting down as much as possible. Even to this day it's a battle and its been about 3 years now. Good luck it's difficult I know x

I was a heavy smoker. Soon as I got preg I started to go off them, dumped them in bin and never went back. Was hard but I couldnt smoke with a baby in me my mum done it to all of us so that was my will power.

I smoked 20 a day.
The day I found out I was pregnant I had 4 cigs, the next I had 3, the day after 3, then 2 then 0.
I have an electric one that gives you nicotine but no chemicals, but I have cut down on that too and now at 11 weeks I havent had it at all for 3 days. x

I smoked around 30-35 a day!! I smoked for 9yrs before giving up. I got in touch with the 'stop smoking' service who put me in touch with my local pharmacist. I went on patches for about 4 days but got a reaction to them. So stopped using them. I havent touched a cigarette since. I have been smoke free for 7 years on 18th Sept.

If u want it bad enough you will do it. Good luck. Xx

Yes I used to smoke regularly but have given up now. Best advice I can give you is talk to your mw. They won't be at all judgemental and are so helpful. They have support groups, free help such as gum medication inhalators etc and just telling them about it will make you feel so much better. Giving up is the most important thing you can do for you and baby and they will do all they can to help you, there will be no judging or telling off! They just want you to get help and there is so much out there.

I smoked for 13yrs, right up until the day I found out I was pregnant with my son, who's now 4..... As soon as I found out (which was a big surprise!) I had like 3 rollies in one go due to shock :dohh: and have not touched one since!

I was on the pill when I conceived my son so don't believe that smoking can stop you becoming pregnant, but I do believe that if I hadn't have become pregnant I'd prob be still smoking!

I used to smoke 30ish a day. I wanted to stop as soon as I found out I that was expecting my 1st. I managed to cut down to 3 a day and finally stopped at 8 weeks.
My hubby used champix to stop smoking at the same time, it worked very well for him and both of us haven't smoked since may 2010 :)

After recurrent miscarriages as a smoker I made a conscious decision to quit smoking in September 2012 after TTC for almost a year. I had a chemical pregnancy in October 2012 and then successfully conceived January 2013 - Still going strong! DH quit smoking at the same time. I used an e-cig from Sept-Jan then stopped using that once I got my positive test. I honestly think us quitting smoking helped us be in a better position to both conceive and successfully carry a pregnancy. Yes smokers do conceive and carry pregnancies to term but that doesn't mean that ALL smokers can :)

Thanks ladies for all your stories and words of encouragement. I know smoking isn't birth control, but I do think it might be hindering something. I will do everything I can to stop for good. If I fail, I will try and try again. It's time to take this out of the equation.

I was a regular smoker for about 12 years at least a pack a day. I quit about a year ago. I can tell you I feel SO much better not smoking but I still miss it.

I quit many times but this last time was extremely hard for me. I KNEW the only way I would be able to finally quit was when I got pregnant again.

Smoking for me was a love/hate relationship. I loved smoking but hated what it was doing to my body...inside and out. Knowing I was filling my lungs with tar and a million other chemicals, damaging my organs and on my way of giving myself cancer...and not only that, it ages you like you wouldn't believe! My mother is a hard core smoker and she now has polyps in her throat and you can hardly understand her because her voice is so rough...all my moms side has the same rough voice from smoking and I NEVER want to end up like that!

The day came when I found out we were going to have a baby..we were so happy and I quit that day! It wasn't easy at first but when I got the urge to smoke, I would think about how crucial the first trimester is and if my baby was unhealthy in any way or died from still birth or SIDS...I would never ever forgive myself.

Smoking is definitely not a form of birth control but it certainly effects your egg quality and can contribute to miscarriages and sometimes permanent infertility.

You can quit smoking! Yes..it's addictive but quitting has a lot to do with being mentally ready. If you want some good motivation...go on YouTube and watch some videos on dangers or smoking...smoking and pregnancy etc. some things may be hard to watch but if it opens your eyes and helps you set you mind...then do it! I remember one time I quit after I watched a smoking commercial of a man drinking tar with cigarette butt....ugh, that was gross!

I smoked up until about 3 days after i got my bfp. I had told my hubby i was going to finish the pack i had and then that was it well i never finished that pack one day i just handed it to my hubby and told him to finish it because i wasn't going to. Haven't wanted one since. The smell makes my stomach turn so now i have my hubby smoking an electric one now. WE had been ttc for 8.5 yrs and i even stopped smoking for about 3 yrs during that time and it didn't change anything.... Good luck on quitting

I used to smoke, gave up when I found out I was pregnant the first time, sadly miscarried, but as I'd already given up I kept it up. Was pregnant again two months later :)

I smoked like a chimney til the day I got my BFP. Always said I'd give up when pregnant and I did. Something in me just changed and now when I can smell it on hubby it makes me feel sick!

Thanks ladies for all your stories and words of encouragement. I know smoking isn't birth control, but I do think it might be hindering something. I will do everything I can to stop for good. If I fail, I will try and try again. It's time to take this out of the equation.

We tried since January to get pregnant. I quit at the end of February and got my BFP in March! I really do think smoking hindered something. I had cut down gradually, at the end I was only smoking 2-3 a day and it was easy for me to quit at that point. :)

You have the will and the want and you can quit!! Just keep thinking that. Its hard and its not something that just happens, you have to not only prepare mentally,but physically as well. I tried Chantix but sadly I was one who have severe side effects so had to stop. I did the gum and it was laughable to me. So then I did the patch along with some lifestyle changes... I changed my roue to work as driving sparked me to smoke, I now walk on my breaks at work instead of going to smoke. At home, I changed up my routine and incorparated a workout. I was able to be smoke free for about 1.5 years and then I slipped when a few deaths in my family happened and I bought a pack here and there and then found out I was 6 months pregnant. And I am not even going to lie I have had 1 or 2 since knowing. Its a tough addiction to kick. I am hoping to reamain smoke free for good now even after the baby. Good luck to you!! :)

I used to smoke 20 a day, with the occasional cigar. I gave up 3 weeks after I found out (at 7 weeks). Went cold turkey. Havent smoked one since. I do crave the odd smoke, but I just cant. I would feel so guilty. Smoking didnt hinder me getting pregnant. Worked on the first try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->