is anyone an ex smoker?

I stopped the second I found out I was pregnant with my first born and haven't touched a cigarette since.
I can't even stand the smell still!

The best thing I ever did!
Becoming a mummy and feeling amazing <3

I stopped the second I found out I was pregnant with my first born and haven't touched a cigarette since.
I can't even stand the smell still!

The best thing I ever did!
Becoming a mummy and feeling amazing <3

My mom was a heavy smoker before getting pregnant with my brother and supposedly she smoked a little during her pregnancy (he turned out okay) and same thing with me. I think you smoking would have nothing to do with you not getting pregnant. I know so many women who became pregnant and smoked. But of course quitting is a good thing so it's good you're trying. GOOD LUCK :)

Today (again) is quitting smoking day. Going to a hypnotist, cooky I know, but I'm desperate to quit smoking and I've tried everything else. Even if it's only the power of suggestion that's what makes it work, I'll take it. I want to be pregnant, and I just know in my bones it's not going to happen while I'm smoking.

So far so good, haven't smoked since sat morning.

So far so good, haven't smoked since sat morning.

Congrats!!!!! You just need to take it one day at a time :) I smoked from 19 till 21, then from 22 to 25 then quit for six months, started again and quit again last February (I was 28), because we decided to get married in June and TTC right after. It went great until we visited our relatives back in Greece and things were stressful and we ended up smoking again. Once we returned to the Netherlands mid July we quit again and I got pregnant around 4th of September. It can be done it just needs lots of will poer and to keep your eyes on the trophy...ehm...baby! For me it helps that DH and I are together in this. If one quits, the other quits too.

One small note: smoking does reduce your chances of getting pregnant. Yes, many smokers do get pregnant, but many others don't. It is much like with overweight women or heavy drinkers. Why reduce your chances?

You can do it and you will do a great job! And you will live a long, happy, healthy life with your future kiddos!

Good luck, Gingmg! I hope you get your bfp soon :hugs:

15 weeks and still going strong on the smoking front! I do think it's much easier once you're pregnant.

Good luck, Gingmg! I hope you get your bfp soon :hugs:

15 weeks and still going strong on the smoking front! I do think it's much easier once you're pregnant.

Today (again) is quitting smoking day. Going to a hypnotist, cooky I know, but I'm desperate to quit smoking and I've tried everything else. Even if it's only the power of suggestion that's what makes it work, I'll take it. I want to be pregnant, and I just know in my bones it's not going to happen while I'm smoking.

I quit once using hypnotherapy. I was weak and after a bad break up I started again.

This last time I quit because I was starting IVF. I knew I had to prepare my body for the craziness to come. I quite smoking in Feb of 2013 after being a smoker for almost 20 years. YIKES! I started when I was 14. Bad, I know. I hung with the bad crowd hahah. But almost a year smoke free!

Good luck to you, I know how hard it is. I did find that the electronic cigarettes did help me a lot! After a month of using that I quit all together.

I started smoking age 11, Im now 25 and quit in June when i got my BFP with my 1st i didnt completly quit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->