is anyone an ex smoker?

Smoked right up until I got the + on the pregnancy test... both times (sigh) (started again when DS was 4 months old - promising myself, my DH, and our children it won't happen again)

i ttc for 2 years. gave up smoking and feel pregnant few months later :)

when my little one was 6 months i started again :( but then gave up the following decemeber as soon as i found out i was pregnant.

My OH and I were ttc for 9 months with no luck. 2 weeks after I quit I conceived. Smoking can absolutely have an effect on fertility!

I wasn't smoking for long, but I was for at least a year and a half. In April, my fiance said he wanted to quit so I quit. But he got back into smoking because "work was stressing him out" so I would have an occasional smoke with him. My last cigarette was the day before my positive and I haven't had one since. I wanted a couple right after I found out but the smell just gets to me. I want to quit for good but my fiance still smokes. He says he plans on quitting when the baby comes but I feel like if he doesn't quit, I'll start back up again. Ugh.

I am not a smoker but I came in to read so I figured I would ask..

What about the electronics? Are they better? Not that either one is probably great but is it a better alternative I guess. Just curious :)

I have the electronic, it's helpful, but not the same. I've made a date with the patch for next week. And will use the electronic cigg for that oral fixation piece. I'm ready this time. I want to have a baby. I've been smoking since I was a teenager, minus a couple of years in there that I was able to quit. I'm in my 30s, so I do think the smoking is hindering me being able to conceive, plus my age doesn't help. I need to do everything I can to give myself the best chances possible. I've done it before I can do it again. I am ready now, well after we come back from vacation! Thanks for all your stories and words of encouragement. I will keep you posted!

I have the electronic, it's helpful, but not the same. I've made a date with the patch for next week. And will use the electronic cigg for that oral fixation piece. I'm ready this time. I want to have a baby. I've been smoking since I was a teenager, minus a couple of years in there that I was able to quit. I'm in my 30s, so I do think the smoking is hindering me being able to conceive, plus my age doesn't help. I need to do everything I can to give myself the best chances possible. I've done it before I can do it again. I am ready now, well after we come back from vacation! Thanks for all your stories and words of encouragement. I will keep you posted!

Well I wish you the best of luck :) Don't beat yourself up about it for sure the guilt wont help. Just keep trying it will happen :hugs:

Brandy, congrats on your recent BFP!!!!!! You must be over the moon! A happy a healthy 9 months to you!!!

I used to be a heavy smoker but quit 2 months before starting TTC using an e-cig. It was partly DH not wanting to TTC whilst I was still smoking and also not wanting to be a pregnant smoker that gave me the motivation to quit. It'll be two years smoke free on 1st September :)

I smoked for over 10 years. 20 a day (or up to 40 on a night out). I finally quit cold turkey after many failed attempts with patches, gum etc. TBH how awful I felt actually spurred me on as it made me realise what an addict I was and how much I wanted rid of that feeling. After a week or so the symptoms eased a little and ever since I have kept it up. To me, even having one cigarette would feel like a waste of my hard work to quit. I have been quit 4 years now :happydance:

I always thought I'd miss smoking but in truth I really don't. My breathing is a lot better and I get colds less. I have more money to spend on DD. I don't feel agitated because I need to smoke if I'm at the cinema or out for a meal for example. Oh, and I don't smell of cigarette smoke anymore. (I didn't realise how much it stinks untill after I quit). It really is the best decision I have ever made for myself and my family.

My mum was a heavy smoker - 40 a day, smoked for 30 years and had never given up for longer than a few days. With the help of phoenix stop smoking service she has been quit 9 months now! I am so immensly proud of her and it proves it's never to late to do it, even if you don't succeed at first!

Good luck to you hun and don't give up :flower: xxx

I started smoking at 16.
I got pregnant at 18. Lost at 5 weeks.
Quit in June this year.
I'm now 21 and pregnant again.

While smoking can lower fertility it might not be the cause. Keep trying though! You'll get there.

For me, my grandma took me to the beach. I spent my first non smoking week with the waves... so it was a little easier. Also, I used snus (camel brand) for when my cravings got too bad. I think I did three snus's a day for the first week. After that I stopped completely.

I put the patch on yesterday. I'm having a very hard time. I just want to smoke so bad. I don't know if I can do this. Today is CD 1 and we are trying again after having taken a few months off. I get IUIs done at a clinic, and my wife has said we are canceling the IUI if Im smoking. I want a baby so bad, but I don't how to not smoke. I've already cried many times today. Yesterday was hard, but I went to bed at 7 at night so that the day would end. Tonight I am working so I have so many hours ahead of me without cigarettes. I don't know how to do this.

I smoked almost a pack a day, and menthol cigs, up until about 2 months into my pregnancy. At first I didn't think I would be able to quit, it was so hard due to all the stress and i was just craving them more in general. I tried cutting back by forcing myself to wait longer between each cig, or quitting cold turkey and they didn't work, only caused more stress. But I did find that I could get away with taking just a couple puffs or smoke just half the cig whenever I felt the need for one, put it out and then light it back up again later when I had the urge again. I think I only ended up actually quitting because I got food poisoning and had to go almost 2 day without a cig, after that whenever I tried to smoke it made me sick and I ended up quitting that way.

i smoked about a pack a day for many many years and quit the day i got my BFP. Id tried quitting a million times before that and never lasted more than 2 days, but being pregnant gave me the strength to knock it on the head
im now 82 days smoke free!!

I smoked before I got pregnant.
I was not really a regular smoker though. I smoked when I drank, when I hung out at my coffee shop patio and kind of socially.
I found that as soon as I was pregnant it was quite easy to quit. I know this is NOT the case, don't beat yourself up if it's hard. I just simply found that my desire for it just fell away.
Most days anyway :)

You can do it hun! I smoked for 9 years, 20 a day & quit the day I got my BFP! It is hard and it is still so hard to not have 'just one'! It'll never be just one so don't fall into that trap!

My motivation is my baby, I wasn't TTC but if I was, getting pregnant would ne motivation enough for me!!

Just think of the day when you get your BFP and how amazing it'll be if you're already smoke free :)

148 days smoke free for me :D!!

I quit smoking, found out I was pregnant, and have been craving cigarettes like mad ever since... So I am smoking (I know, I know) but just very few each day.

72 hours smoke free, one hour at a time is the only way I can do this right now

I used to smoke before my son...as soon as i found out i was pregnant i stopped and never looked back! He was very much wanted and i was scared of loosing him (due to previous problems)...i haven't touched a cigerrete since. Its always a good thing to reudce the number of cigerettes you smoke hun...it will prepare you for when you are pregnant and it will seem alot easier when you fall pregnant! Good luck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->