Is anyone else starting to panic over this coronavirus?

My DH's work never fail to amaze me :nope: They are thinking they will shut on Friday because all the orders have dried up. But they are now talking about having a skeleton staff and if they want full pay then they may have to go and work at a different site. Absolutely disgusting. The government is paying 80% anyway, yet they can't even make it up to full pay. They're obsessed with getting the full amount of time out of their staff, to the extent of sending them to different work sites in the middle of a pandemic just to make sure they do their hours :nope:

Mrsmummy we have been very lax as it’s spring holidays from Friday on anyway but will do more after that is finished. We are doing doing one to three papers a day.

Bev that sound like a horrible company. I already thought they treated Terry unfairly with the whole lorry driving thing but this far worse. :( Will you guys be ok on the 80% pay? In all fairness I have heard from several ppl who will also only get 80% pay and I do understand that. Depending on how many people they employ and how long this situation will last, making up the 20% could well break their neck. Let’s just hope that not too many companies will go under completely.

We will struggle on 80% but it will be just about manageable. They've treated him so unfairly over the years. I think he will hear more tomorrow on a decision. They will do anything they can get away with just to save a few pennies :(

Sorry to hear Terrys work are being dicks. Companies should be doing everything you can to keep their employees safe :growlmad:

his boss is now saying if he's offered a job at another site and turns it down then they don't have to pay anything and won't even get the government 80%. It's a pandemic! The rest of the world has had to change and adjust, why are his company taking this out on the staff? :(

He's waiting for a phone call this morning. His warehouse is expected to close by the end of the week because the orders have dried up. But because they have other warehouses that are classed as essential business, food etc, they have got rid of the agency staff in there and are looking at moving DH and the rest of his colleagues to another warehouse to work in a so called "essential" job. So that's more travel and more people working together which is a virus risk.

I swear they must be one of the only companies actually making money during this crisis rather than losing it. An all time low even for them :nope:

They haven't even phoned him so now he's in work this afternoon. Hopefully there will be a team brief there and they will actually get some answers finally.

They have closed the warehouse and the staff are allowed to stay at home with 80% pay from the government. They are on call to come in should they be needed as skeleton staff but it is unlikely that they will be needed. And they let him come home early today too. It's such a relief to have him safe at home.

babybump what do you mean about the nice weather not helping things? Do you think people should not go out at all, even if they can keep a distance of 6 foot or more?

Sorry I mean the people just hanging around in groups having BBQs , just generally causing mischief . I’m all for people going for walks etc have to look after our mental health too . There’s loads of people taking precautions I just don’t think the young ones are taking it seriously . Sorry if I offended you x

The "clap for our carers" this evening was lovely. So fortunate to have our NHS <3

Sorry I mean the people just hanging around in groups having BBQs , just generally causing mischief . I’m all for people going for walks etc have to look after our mental health too . There’s loads of people taking precautions I just don’t think the young ones are taking it seriously . Sorry if I offended you x
Oh no you didn't offend me, I was just not sure if perhaps you meant me cause I was saying we went out to the heath. But I have seen a few young people like that too and yeah I wonder how cocky they wll be if/when they get the virus. :(

Oh no you didn't offend me, I was just not sure if perhaps you meant me cause I was saying we went out to the heath. But I have seen a few young people like that too and yeah I wonder how cocky they wll be if/when they get the virus. :(

Oh gosh no defiantly wasn’t aimed at you in anyway !!
If we had space like that I would take mine too but we only have a small park so not risking it!

Yeh just a shame they don’t realise

The clap for the NHS was amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back