Is anyone else starting to panic over this coronavirus?

Just been to our local tesco.. absolutely ridiculous! Most aisles empty!
They are operating a 1 in 1 out system which seems to be helping

Omg i bet that takes ages though just to get into the shop if its 1 in 1 out! I refuse to go to tesco now because I can't get a single thing

Definitely think lock down.
All parks/county parks etc have shut in my area. So many businesses have decided to close. I definitely think there has been a heads up with regard to tonight's meeting.

They are keeping parks open up here, but locking play parks, I was starting to panic, my '1 form of daily exercise' is a walk up and around the park and back with the kids :haha: away from everyone else of course!

So am I! My boys are not usually keen to go out that much but they are already looking forward to our walk to the heath this afternoon. I think the repercussions to mental health will be bad enough as it is without banning people from the wide open non crowded spaces.

Our exercise is playing football in the garden which we are lucky enough to have a big one. The sunshine today has been lovely . Spent all of the afternoon outside !

Keeping our mental health in a good place through all of this also needs to be a priority. We are used to just going and doing anything we like , people are gonna struggle if they ban parks which could happen if people continue to ignore the rules .

I think going forward something needs to be done about London and the transport ensuring only people who need it are actually using it. I just can’t see how the infection rate is gonna slow down if people are still packing the tube out. It’s such a hard task ahead !

We are in London. Our garden is small but the heath near by is huge and borders on Richmond Park. It is easy to be there without getting close to anyone. However, it was getting a bit busier today, so we left, even though we still had much more than 20feet distance to the nearest other group. The boys were very sad and reluctant to leave even though they understand. We will be going earlier tomorrow in the hope to avoid the more popular times.

We have a large garden too so won't be venturing out anywhere.

The 1 in 1 out system isnt 1 actual person at a time. I think they allow a certain amount in, then a line is formed and they allow a 1 in 1 out from there if that makes sense.

DH has done his last day at work... they dont appear to want to tell him the pay situation... they are a small business so I'm starting to worry he's going to lose his job :nope:

Still cant find TP and now meat is gone in most stores.

They gave official orders to only go out if its essential.

my DH is still in work. He works in a warehouse that delivers plastics for windows which is not essential at all. He is fuming at his company as they're trying to find any way around having to close even though there's barely any work as many orders have been cancelled. It's just typical of his company and unfortunately doesn't surprise us.
I'm worried about him catching something as there's a lot of workers all together, plus when they swap shifts there's even more people there changing over. They won't let them leave ten minutes early before the switchover even though there's no work to do. They've only just got a hand sanitizer in there too! Disgusting company.

Last edited:
It does sound like a really uncaring company. I wonder how long they will get away with it. Mind you, I know workmen on building sites are still working too so it might be the same exceptions applying here. I hope Terry manages to stay healthy. Maybe he needs to take his own gel or wipes?

It does sound like a really uncaring company. I wonder how long they will get away with it. Mind you, I know workmen on building sites are still working too so it might be the same exceptions applying here. I hope Terry manages to stay healthy. Maybe he needs to take his own gel or wipes?

He carries his own hand sanitizer around with him, he's just concerned about the others who don't. Hopefully he won't catch anything. They are a really uncaring company. :(

The Range where I used to work is still open. It's classing itself as an "essential" store because they have a chiller and a freezer. The chiller contains cold drinks and the freezer contains ice lollies. Both are NOT essential. My ex colleagues are fuming and feeling very vulnerable with all the contact they're having to have with the public.

Some companies have acted in such heartwarming ways through this, and other companies have acted disgracefully. I hope people will remember this and vote with their feet when this is all over.

The Range where I used to work is still open. It's classing itself as an "essential" store because they have a chiller and a freezer. The chiller contains cold drinks and the freezer contains ice lollies. Both are NOT essential. My ex colleagues are fuming and feeling very vulnerable with all the contact they're having to have with the public.

Some companies have acted in such heartwarming ways through this, and other companies have acted disgracefully. I hope people will remember this and vote with their feet when this is all over.

Thats actually quite disgusting, to.me, the range sells furniture, not food or essentials therefore should be shut! I work at H&M (I'm on maternity leave still) but they've shut after staying open until the very last moment. People are NOT going to be shopping for quarantine outfits :haha:

Ohh Bev that’s not essential at all ! The government need to clarify all this ! He shouldn’t be in work at all in my opinion .

DH is still in work as he’s a key worker . He’s in limited contact with people which I am pleased about He didn’t see a single person yesterday in work .

This nice weather wont help things. People need a good reality check ! Get my blood boiling stricter measures for London Boris !!

Thats actually quite disgusting, to.me, the range sells furniture, not food or essentials therefore should be shut! I work at H&M (I'm on maternity leave still) but they've shut after staying open until the very last moment. People are NOT going to be shopping for quarantine outfits :haha:

I agree . People shouldn’t be going furniture shopping at a time like this ! Close them down give the police the powers to if they see them open !

babybump what do you mean about the nice weather not helping things? Do you think people should not go out at all, even if they can keep a distance of 6 foot or more?

babybump what do you mean about the nice weather not helping things? Do you think people should not go out at all, even if they can keep a distance of 6 foot or more?

Tbh I think the nice weather has made the first bit of lockdown more bearable as atleast the kids can go out to play In the garden and we can walk (away from people) I think if it was raining and everyone was stuck indoors it would make the situation seem much worse. Especially in my house anyway, my 8 and 5 year old gets bored so easy despite having literally every form of electronics and games in the house :haha: I agree with self isolating and social distancing, I dont agree with being a hermit, I think everyone should still go out on walks and stuff but be sensible about it

I'm guessing what babybump meant was if it was raining less people would be out and about when its not absolutely essential. In my area there are a lot of teens out in the streets and causing mischief. Some have been saying fires etc. Crazy!!

My DHs work has shut as of today. Thankfully he's going to get the 80% pay from the government. I was getting pretty worried.

How is everyone coping with the home schooling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->