Is anyone else starting to panic over this coronavirus?

It feels like the world's gone crazy doesn't it. No one has ever seen anything like this before. I hope it doesn't last too long.

I hope it will ease off as we move in to the warmer months and flu season comes to an end. I am thinking they will reopen the schools for the beginning of summer term. What do you ladies think?

I thought they would but I've heard people saying they might be closed right up until September :wacko:

Holly came home with a big folder full of worksheets. The teacher said just to do one a day and some mindfulness colouring too.

London needs to be in lockdown ! People are not listening to the advice! How much longer is it going to take for him to close the pubs/bars. I feel so sorry for the impact this will have of the owners and I really do hope they recover from this but somethings got to happen sooner rather than later before we end up with no way back .

Myself and the kids are not going out the door for the foreseeable future ! I am absolutely terrified . They have been playing in the back garden today . Tomorrow they are getting school work and apps going online .

I can’t see an end in sight to all of this

Has any read or heard about China ? Someone told me today they are starting to re open and seeing another spike in cases ?!

I hope it will ease off as we move in to the warmer months and flu season comes to an end. I am thinking they will reopen the schools for the beginning of summer term. What do you ladies think?

From the press conference today I’m thinking the current plan is for schools to close for 12 weeks, which sounds better than indefinitely :shock: :lol:

But then that’s mid June so perhaps just reopen for the last month of term?! I don’t know it’s all just a guessing game at the mo. My LO is in year 6 and we were asked to place our orders for their leavers jumpers today. Will be a very strange end to his primary schooling if they don’t end up going back. Also no SATS which he’s pretty happy about!

The press conference sounded far more optimistic today. They won’t put the country into complete lock down unless the figures rise higher than they are predicting. Also I guess the big cities are where things could spread uncontrollably so perhaps a different approach to rural areas like Cornwall?

xx

Ive not seen the press conference today . Too many little ears around at the minute !

London was always going to be hit hard .

We are also thinking September for schools to reopen but some mums are hoping it’s going to be after Easter . I doubt that very much but who knows !

I think it will be a very sad ending to the school year if the don’t re-open it’s DD2s last few months in nursery , some kids it’s their last year in primary school like your DSs .

September is crazy! I really doubt that is at all feasible or even necessary. What about jobs? Not everyone can afford to be a stay at home parent or to pay for private childcare if that would even be available. The economy is going to crash as it is and more people will lose their jobs and everything else as a result.

I am really worried about the economy and the possibility of a recession. I just don't know how people in jobs are going to cope. One of my friends now can't work as she needs to be at home to look after her kids, and her work aren't paying her as it's classed as unauthorised absence. It is completely out of her control. It just seems so unfair.

I work in healthcare, and I admit, a lot of us at first didnt think it was that serious and compared it to the flu. But this is serious. Its amazing to see a complete 180 shift in the minds of healthcare professionals on this. Yes, the media can overhype and scare .....but dont let that make people think this isnt serious. This virus is different. It's a variation of SARS and the way the RNA is duplicated is different than what our body knows. We might be ok, but a lot of people arent....look at Italy. Its unfortunate people get crazy and hoard, and my heart breaks for small businesses and families. And it breaks my heart my kids have to be at home without with friends, school, and activities. But please follow the guidelines and take this serious. I love the saying "6 months from now if people think we overreacted, we did it right" and that is soooooo true and the point!

Yes, my husband is a bar manager and our income evaporated overnight. They're saying it'll be closed 4 weeks minimum, and we are anticipating it'll be closed for many months if not permanently. The bar was very successful and I always felt very financially secure. that has been turned upside down now, but what can we do? I'm in Oregon (US) and it's pretty much lockdown here. Takeout only, but I'm sure that'll stop soon, and very limited people in grocery stores at one time. It's serious here. We have enough savings to get us through a few months but this will wipe out our savings at best. But we are all taking the hit in one way or another.

I heard an interview with Dr Drew yesterday (LOVE him) and he said "a crisis is when society evolves." I think that will be the case for all of us. As individuals and families and societies this will force us to simplify, slow down, and reevaluate our lives. It will illuminate what's really important, and how much we need each-other. it will highlight our similarities over our differences (and we are SO much more similar than different). We will come out the other side stronger and resilient. I have been dying to have my husband home more for the last 5 years, we never see him or have family dinners, and now for a while we'll have him here. it comes at a staggering financial loss, but would I pay what we'll lose to have this time with him? Honestly, yes, I would. He's been making a huge amount of money and we've had huge security and no financial worries, and it didn't bring me/us any happiness. It was fun being able to be extravagant and buy whatever we wanted but also I have been filled with overwhelm and stress and angst and he has, too, and we keep asking ourselves whether this is what life is really about. We are forced to focus in on our families and ourselves and see how we really want our lives to look. I am scared, for sure... just weeks ago we were looking at bigger houses and now I don't know how we'll even stay HERE, or where we'd go if our income stays gone for more than a few months, but we're all dealing with this somehow. May it bring us all together.

Yes, my husband is a bar manager and our income evaporated overnight. They're saying it'll be closed 4 weeks minimum, and we are anticipating it'll be closed for many months if not permanently. The bar was very successful and I always felt very financially secure. that has been turned upside down now, but what can we do? I'm in Oregon (US) and it's pretty much lockdown here. Takeout only, but I'm sure that'll stop soon, and very limited people in grocery stores at one time. It's serious here. We have enough savings to get us through a few months but this will wipe out our savings at best. But we are all taking the hit in one way or another.

I heard an interview with Dr Drew yesterday (LOVE him) and he said "a crisis is when society evolves." I think that will be the case for all of us. As individuals and families and societies this will force us to simplify, slow down, and reevaluate our lives. It will illuminate what's really important, and how much we need each-other. it will highlight our similarities over our differences (and we are SO much more similar than different). We will come out the other side stronger and resilient. I have been dying to have my husband home more for the last 5 years, we never see him or have family dinners, and now for a while we'll have him here. it comes at a staggering financial loss, but would I pay what we'll lose to have this time with him? Honestly, yes, I would. He's been making a huge amount of money and we've had huge security and no financial worries, and it didn't bring me/us any happiness. It was fun being able to be extravagant and buy whatever we wanted but also I have been filled with overwhelm and stress and angst and he has, too, and we keep asking ourselves whether this is what life is really about. We are forced to focus in on our families and ourselves and see how we really want our lives to look. I am scared, for sure... just weeks ago we were looking at bigger houses and now I don't know how we'll even stay HERE, or where we'd go if our income stays gone for more than a few months, but we're all dealing with this somehow. May it bring us all together.

Yes I can totally relate to everything you’ve posted. We own a successful (was and hopefully will be again) cafe. In cornwall where we live business is seasonal so we make our money between April and Sept and lose money through the winter. So financially this couldn’t have come at a worse time for us.

Our income has been decimated over night and the false security we thought we had has gone. But I do honestly feel we’ll get through this as individuals and as a society. We are all being forced to reevaluate what is important to us. We are one in every sense! We all face the same uncertainty, the same set of rules about how we must live and it is a real opportunity to get fresh perspective about how we want to live our lives. We will all massively appreciate all the things we take for granted when this has passed and we will come out of this situation far stronger and resilient :thumbup:

xx

Last edited:
I've gone past worrying about it now of we catch it we catch it, I'm more worried about being able to get good for my family, how sad is that, in amongst all this craziness of the virus, it's not even that which scares me anymore. I'm lucky I live quite deep into the south wales valleys, far from cities, not that that makes a difference, its still spreading but not as bad. Theres just a few cases here in the whole borough where I live, so over all people here are actually listening to the advice. I love how its bringing families together though, well for some, my partner, unless the country goes on complete lockdown, still has to go into work and do his 10-12hr shifts, stocking up the shelves and managing his staff, so I gain nothing from this, in the hospitals the healthcare (at the front line) get protective clothing to go into work, what about the supermarket workers that are still working completely unprotected and in close proximity of possibly infected people. Not even having the chance to go and wash their hands sometimes because old Susan here needs her bloody toilet roll from out of the stock room and the staff have to go get it. I'm not having any sort of negativity against healthcare professions, definitely not, I have a few nurses in the family who are still working as of now, and I know I keep banging on about the supermarket workers but they still get no thanks in all of this, in hospitals they save lives, in supermarkets now, they even save lives, what is everyone going to do if all workers has to shut shop, then they will realise just what they done for everyone. The whole situation is just making me so angry and negative.

It’s so true, I am very grateful to all the people who are continuing to work despite the risks to their health. It’s so horrible to hear/read people are getting abuse and negativity from customers when all they should be getting is huge appreciation for everything they are doing to try and help :thumbup:

xx

Such a sad situation and it's disgusting how some staff get treated. We should all be looking out for each other.

I must say I'm incredibly proud of how my local community has pulled together through all this, helping the elderly and vulnerable, spreading positivity etc.

My DD was breaking her heart crying on the way to school as its the last day for who knows how long. Such a sad situation for all :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->