Is anyone obese and pregnant?

i found some comfort in your post and i guess you could say im just looking for someone to talk to. this is my first pregnancy im only 20 years old and i weigh right now 340+ lbs. im 28 weeks and i've gained 19lbs thru my whole pregnancy but 10 of that i gained in 2 weeks. i went to my doctor tonight and she said my uterus wasn't measuring up right it was off like 6 inches, she was totally concerned about the ten pounds i gained, when the nurse right before that told me i was doing really great. my blood pressure has been perfect every time and just last week i measured up perfect and the midwife was happy with everything. im really scared my doctor totally freaked me out tonight to where i was crying, i think im doing pretty damn good. well im just wondering how your pregnancy went? and if anyone has advice for me?

I think a lot of medical providers don't really know how to deal with a big girl who dare conceive, i found that the fact that you dare be bigger than the norm and want to have a child makes them worry unnecessarily. Yes there are risks when you are bigger and want a child as there are risks if you are diabetic, underweight or even if you smoke. I think a lot of doctors feel that we need the riot act read to us in an effort to correct a lifetime of bad choices. My advice f*ck em. If you have complications deal with them if and when they come up- watch what you eat but don't go crazy- eat healthy but don't try to diet to lose weight. Personally i was about your size when i got pregnant and i had a pretty uneventful pregnancy, i did have gestational diabetes but i managed to control it with food and exercise. Blood pressure was on the high end of acceptable but I personally think it was because i got stressed about the cuff everytime it came to take my levels. I was considered high risk, however i managed to give birth naturally and my daughter is the most perfect and precious gift. Being big doesn't mean that you are irresponsible or don't deserve to be a mum and it certainly doesn't mean that you cant have a natural birth or an easy pregnancy.

I found the following websites invaluable in the early days. I hope they help you also.

https://wellroundedmama.blogspot.com.au/
https://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/

Great thread! I am almost 30 weeks pregnant. I have a bmi of 46 and am 6ft. I've had a noticeable bump for the last 3 weeks but from around 18 weeks I had a little round mound when lying down. My bump is def baby as its rock hard but I have no idea what position he is in. I feel movement a lot but don't know if its kicks or turns really. I am so grateful to be pregnant and after a year of trying I vowed to lose weight and the month I lost 22lbs I got my bfp!
So far apart from crying at the consultant when she said my chance of c section was 50% I've been treated well. My anethetist was so lovely and made me feel normal. Not weighed myself at all but still in all my old clothes just can't do up my trousers so I wear a bump band! Scared of being weighed again but not sure if they will?
I was so worried I would look fatter and not pregnant but honestly it's anoticeable bump now. Good luck everyone.

i found some comfort in your post and i guess you could say im just looking for someone to talk to. this is my first pregnancy im only 20 years old and i weigh right now 340+ lbs. im 28 weeks and i've gained 19lbs thru my whole pregnancy but 10 of that i gained in 2 weeks. i went to my doctor tonight and she said my uterus wasn't measuring up right it was off like 6 inches, she was totally concerned about the ten pounds i gained, when the nurse right before that told me i was doing really great. my blood pressure has been perfect every time and just last week i measured up perfect and the midwife was happy with everything. im really scared my doctor totally freaked me out tonight to where i was crying, i think im doing pretty damn good. well im just wondering how your pregnancy went? and if anyone has advice for me?

I think a lot of medical providers don't really know how to deal with a big girl who dare conceive, i found that the fact that you dare be bigger than the norm and want to have a child makes them worry unnecessarily. Yes there are risks when you are bigger and want a child as there are risks if you are diabetic, underweight or even if you smoke. I think a lot of doctors feel that we need the riot act read to us in an effort to correct a lifetime of bad choices. My advice f*ck em. If you have complications deal with them if and when they come up- watch what you eat but don't go crazy- eat healthy but don't try to diet to lose weight. Personally i was about your size when i got pregnant and i had a pretty uneventful pregnancy, i did have gestational diabetes but i managed to control it with food and exercise. Blood pressure was on the high end of acceptable but I personally think it was because i got stressed about the cuff everytime it came to take my levels. I was considered high risk, however i managed to give birth naturally and my daughter is the most perfect and precious gift. Being big doesn't mean that you are irresponsible or don't deserve to be a mum and it certainly doesn't mean that you cant have a natural birth or an easy pregnancy.

I found the following websites invaluable in the early days. I hope they help you also.

I know for sure now that it was just MY doctor who was totally overreacting and her bedside manor is terrible!!! She's an Indian lady so i was thinking her views on bigger women maybe totally different. To her being bigger is a complication and a problem for my pregnancy and thats how she treats me.. Well i passed my gestational diabetes test and have been walking more than ever and eating really well so i cant wait to kinda shove it in her face!! Lol. Monday is my appt. with her and after that im seeing someone different! Ill take a look at those sites ;)

My BMI was 40.1 when I fell pg - I have lost a couple of lbs since my booking in at 9 weeks. I always feared I would not look Preggo at all but I am ALL bump so feel pretty lucky! I know loads of slim women who totally don't look bump heavy, their weight gain kinda spread everywhere, so I don't personally think its got a lot to do with what actual size you are, more just how your body is designed! Xx

Hello everyone! I'm about 9 weeks and 7 days pregnant, don't have my dating scan until 14th December. My BMI is 44, unfortunately all my 'fat' is around my stomach :(. Very worried in-case can't see anything on my scans. :/

Hello everyone! I'm about 9 weeks and 7 days pregnant, don't have my dating scan until 14th December. My BMI is 44, unfortunately all my 'fat' is around my stomach :(. Very worried in-case can't see anything on my scans. :/

Hey - I am 37 weeks pregnant. I am 5"10 and weighed 385 when I got pregnant. I have always carried a lot of weight around my stomach. For ultrasounds, my suggestion is drink LOTS of water before hand. What this does is causes your bladder to push your uterus up higher so it is easier to see. Also, here our ultrasound technicians will do an internal ultrasound if they have a hard time with the outside one. For me, the outside ultrasound was tough during my 6 week and 9 week appointment (i had complications which required many ultrasounds) but by 13 weeks, the outside ultrasound worked perfectly. You may find that the doctor has a harder time getting the heartbeat early on, I didnt hear my LOs until about 17 weeks due to the increased belly fat BUT I did feel movements right around the same time as my thinner friends.
Dont worry about not seeing anything, you will. The ultrasounds are pretty good. Good luck when you have your ultrasound :)

Hiya,

I found this website on a search and thought yay people of my type hehe.

Im 15 weeks today and have been told by everyone that i would have to lose weight before i would fall pregnant, this was a total surprise and was unwell for about 8 weeks before we found out and was blaming an anti depressant I was taking but turns out few days before Christmas we found out I was pregnant.

6 Tests and $70 later we believed that we were pregnant WHAT A SHOCK!!!!

My midwife is absolutely awesome, but i will have to go and see an obstetrician at 20 weeks because i am Obese. I too am so scared I wont show i will look extra fatter.

Feeling really uncomfortable at the moment and really tired. Has anyone else really tired at 15 weeks?

I have a BMI of 35 and look very pregnant at 35 weeks! I have had no issues (touch wood!), my scans have all been clear, and I have gained no weight! I am healthy, baby is healthy, my daughter is healthy and my weight has never been mentioned!

I am 5'4 and weigh 14 stone (pre pregnancy weight) so I'm classed as obese. This is my third baby and I'm thirty one weeks pregnant. I look very pregnant and as with all my babies, I have only gained a little by this stage. I usually end up weighing less than I did before :)
Tried to upload a pic not sure if it worked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 5
Hiya,

I found this website on a search and thought yay people of my type hehe.

Im 15 weeks today and have been told by everyone that i would have to lose weight before i would fall pregnant, this was a total surprise and was unwell for about 8 weeks before we found out and was blaming an anti depressant I was taking but turns out few days before Christmas we found out I was pregnant.

6 Tests and $70 later we believed that we were pregnant WHAT A SHOCK!!!!

My midwife is absolutely awesome, but i will have to go and see an obstetrician at 20 weeks because i am Obese. I too am so scared I wont show i will look extra fatter.

Feeling really uncomfortable at the moment and really tired. Has anyone else really tired at 15 weeks?

sweetheart -EVERYONE feels exhausted in first tri. Regardless of size.

This morning has been the first morning that i havent been sick, little niggles where my peanut(baby) is but not pain. Im so glad im in the second trimester now, pheww haha.

I dont have another scan for about another 5-6 weeks and im stressing that something is wrong. Paranoid much?

Sorry i know this is very personal and if you feel better please PM me. But i am obese and this is my first month of ttc and i am wondering if i will even look pregnant.

Obviously as an over weight person i have my 'bump' already lol but wondered if it would go into shape or just stay the same because there would be enough room for the baby ifswim?

Hey Girl!
So I was SUPER obese with my first pregnancy.. I'm talking 350 pounds and during that pregnancy I did not show.. I just looked very very large at the ending of my pregnancy but nobody asked if I was pregnant.

This is my second pregnancy and I went on a big weightloss journey before it and started this pregnancy at 202 lbs ... I lost weight in the first trimester and went down to 191 and am now 200 lbs at almost 36 weeks.... People starting commenting on my pregnancy and asking how far along I was around week 32.. I found it helps to show off my plus size bump by wearing certain types of form hugging shirts with tighter stretch pants or maternity pants... It seems when I wear certain shirts I look REALLY PREGNANT lol but when I wear others I could be mistaken as a girl with a large stomach. So yes this pregnancy has shown a bump... naked you can definitely tell but the bottom of my stomach is not firm like most preggos.. its wrinkly from the weightloss but my upper abdomen is all rock hard and had the full baby look.

I hope this helped!:hugs:

Great thread! I am almost 30 weeks pregnant. I have a bmi of 46 and am 6ft. I've had a noticeable bump for the last 3 weeks but from around 18 weeks I had a little round mound when lying down. My bump is def baby as its rock hard but I have no idea what position he is in. I feel movement a lot but don't know if its kicks or turns really. I am so grateful to be pregnant and after a year of trying I vowed to lose weight and the month I lost 22lbs I got my bfp!
So far apart from crying at the consultant when she said my chance of c section was 50% I've been treated well. My anethetist was so lovely and made me feel normal. Not weighed myself at all but still in all my old clothes just can't do up my trousers so I wear a bump band! Scared of being weighed again but not sure if they will?
I was so worried I would look fatter and not pregnant but honestly it's anoticeable bump now. Good luck everyone.
Thanks this gives me hope. At my biggest I weighed 345. I have lost weight and now weigh 293. I'm hoping this month I will get my BFP

My angel is 5 and a half months old. I was 285 when I conceived and 290 when I had her at 38 weeks. Definitely have hope!

My angel is 5 and a half months old. I was 285 when I conceived and 290 when I had her at 38 weeks. Definitely have hope!

Thank you. I worked hard to lose weight before ttc and I feel like its finally actually possible. So I'm hopeful but still not trying to get my hopes up..

Thank you. I worked hard to lose weight before ttc and I feel like its finally actually possible. So I'm hopeful but still not trying to get my hopes up..

I was in your shoes a year and a half ago. I had lost 130 pounds and started trying to conceive. I wish you lots of luck and a happy healthy 10 months when you get your BFP soon! Feel free to pm me anytime should you have any questions during this crazy/exciting/exhausting journey :)

I was in your shoes a year and a half ago. I had lost 130 pounds and started trying to conceive. I wish you lots of luck and a happy healthy 10 months when you get your BFP soon! Feel free to pm me anytime should you have any questions during this crazy/exciting/exhausting journey :)

Thank you!! I hope it happens for me this month. It sucks that af and pregnancy symptoms are so similar. I'm experiencing some things I don't normally but hard to tell if its af or pregnancy

well today af is supposed to come so far she hasnt appeared. I also usually get a weird smell down there a few days before she is due and I dont have anything. Im still having some cramping, Gas, quick periodic shooting pains down there. still hopeful these all are good signs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"