Is baby jar food frowned upon?

I think we do but I never use a microwave. A have frozen oven stuff for definite though. I just thought the statement was pretty neutral, she could've been likening jars to ready meals for the content like you said, but she could've equally been likening them to ready meals for the convenience, it just seemed more to me like an innocent statement than an obvious dig... I don't know though, I may have missed some previous posts...

I think we do but I never use a microwave. A have frozen oven stuff for definite though. I just thought the statement was pretty neutral, she could've been likening jars to ready meals for the content like you said, but she could've equally been likening them to ready meals for the convenience, it just seemed more to me like an innocent statement than an obvious dig... I don't know though, I may have missed some previous posts...

If this is the case than fair enough but ready meals are certainly frowned upon where i'm from, full of salt and preservatives and certainly not a "meal that's ready". I do give my son fresh food and only jars occasionally as i've said before so i'm not wanting to get into a debate but i feel strongly that people who do give jars all the time should not be made to feel guilty.

https://www2.gre.ac.uk/about/news/articles/2012/a2218-baby-foods-research-dr-nazanin-zand

I was weaned with jarred food and I'm a very healthy adult and not at all fussy with food, I love my fruit and veg. It's just another one of those things some mums will say in a 'I'm better than you' way that, when it comes down to it, doesn't really make any difference at all.

I giggled about this thread today with OH as we drove past a rippling golden field of wheat. We were coming home from the store and had bought LO whole wheat cereal...I told him (joking) on b and b people harvest their own cereal from organic gmo free fair trade certified open pollinated heirloom strain organic matter compost fertilized hand watered by bucket with boiled cooled spring water scythe cut grain grown in their backyards.

Disclaimer: Meant to lighten the thread, so please no one get all offended ^

I giggled about this thread today with OH as we drove past a rippling golden field of wheat. We were coming home from the store and had bought LO whole wheat cereal...I told him (joking) on b and b people harvest their own cereal from organic gmo free fair trade certified open pollinated heirloom strain organic matter compost fertilized hand watered by bucket with boiled cooled spring water scythe cut grain grown in their backyards.

hahahahahaha :thumbup: xx

You mean you don't? Shocking! X

I had a crop failure this year. *Hangs head in shame*.

Haha! Can babies eat leeks? My San'a growing leeks at the moment, so I could actually say I do that :p (albeit not watered with cooled boiled spring water) xD

On a serious note I have some nice zucchini out there, do babies like steamed mashed zucchini? It's the only thing in the garden I think might be ok for her.

On a serious note I have some nice zucchini out there, do babies like steamed mashed zucchini? It's the only thing in the garden I think might be ok for her.

Mine likes it steamed or lightly fried. I don't mash, just give her a chunk. But by god it's messy, this weaning business.

I couldn't grow my own this year and had a crop failure. God didn't water enough as we are in a drought and on restrictions. No outside plants. :headspin:

We didn't use jars or purees, as we did BLW.
I don't recall ever making anything separate or special for my LO.
This worked out cheap and easy for us, as I didn't have to buy anything extra to what I'd normally buy.
xx

This girl I know had put a few pictures up on Instagram saying how she only cooks homemade foods for her lo and couldn't possibly give her jarred foods. Then some other girls piped up saying 'you wouldn't catch me giving lo jarred foods, homemade is the best and so easy to do, just laziness in my opinion.' And whilst I have always given Ava homemade foods there have been occasions where I've needed a baby food jars as a backup if I'm cooking something lo can't have or if we're in a rush to go out and I haven't made her anything to eat.

The comments quite honestly pissed me off. Just seems a bit snobby that they'd look down on moms who feed their baby jar food. At the end of the day as long as baby is getting fed what does it matter?

Your opinions on this matter?

The jarred foods seem to have pretty simple ingredients to me. I didn't see any scary ingredients when I looked. Personally, I prefer to skip the purees and go straight to finger foods, but I don't think there's anything wrong with jars versus home-made purees. The only thing about homemade is that you do have more control over the quality of ingredients that go in.

My LO loves zucchini and so do DH and I! I made her some zucchini chips the other day in the oven and she chowed down. A little EVOO, kosher salt and a few shreds of parmesan cheese under the broiler...yum! She's a little past the mashed veggies stage but I'm sure she would have loved steamed/mashed zucchini when she was younger.

Yes it is an American term. Eggplant is Aubergine here :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->