Is it colic?

shiawase

mum & expecting # 2
Reaction score
Im not sure whats going on with liam at the moment he has nappy rash which i got cream from the drs for as it started bleeding so i know that must be causing him lots of pain :cry: but he keeps having bouts of crying, going red in the face, thrashing around and when hes having one of these moments he will cry when hes having his feed and spit his milk out ive noticed his stomach will gurgle after a while aswell whilst hes drinking and will bring up alot of wind then be fine for a bit then start all over again untill he eithier falls asleep or gets over it. He's not crying non stop for hours tho. I also changed his milk 2 weeks ago from sma to aptamil as he was constipated so im not sure wether its giving him stomach ache, he likes the milk tho and will drink 5/6oz i just hate not knowing whats wrong with him when hes being like it as theres nothing that will stop him crying, does it sound like colic or could it be the nappy rash?

:hugs:Is he bringing up lots of milk? If so it could be reflux. I doubt it's the nappy rash...

since changing his formula he's been bringing up alot more milk, it must be lack of sleep but im not sure what reflux is!!

Found this...

Symptoms of Acid Reflux in Infants

Common infant GER symptoms are:
Frequent spitting up or vomiting
Irritability when feeding
Refusing food or eating only small amounts
Sudden or constant crying
Arching the back while feeding
"Wet" burps
Frequent hiccups
Frequent coughing
Poor sleep habits with frequent waking
Bad breath

Basically it's baby heartburn. My friend's baby had it and had a lot of the symptoms above

Thankyou :hugs: sounds like he could have that, looked it up and have just fed him with him sitting more upright and had no crying or him spitting his milk out. Do you know if your friend tried baby gaviscon?

I'm not exactly sure what meds he was on...but Gaviscon is often used for reflux from what I've read on here. I would go to the Docs maybe and get something on prescription.

poor little bubz i hope you get it sorted xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->