is it ever going to get any better?!?

xxleannexx

Mom to a girl and boy
Reaction score
im beginning to think that i will never get a full nights sleep until she has left home :hissy: stupid dummy :hissy:

sry ur havin a hard time hun xx have u OH or mil that cud help u ?
it will get better in time am sure :hugs:

my boyfriend had been away for the week but is bk tonight, thank goodness! no1 will have her lol as she is a right terror have to get up like a minimum of 10 times to put her dummy bk in!

oohh av u seen them teddies....u velcro it to the side or the cot,velcro dummy in aswell then u will always find it fast and she will eventually know where it is her self ! id have 2for each side ! u dont even have 2 buy a teddy just get some velcro (sp?)

oohh av u seen them teddies....u velcro it to the side or the cot,velcro dummy in aswell then u will always find it fast and she will eventually know where it is her self ! id have 2for each side ! u dont even have 2 buy a teddy just get some velcro (sp?)

no i havnt seen them, ive heard of them binkie buddy things from america i think they are... do you know where i could find them teddie thing?

eugh, i'm with you! i hate waiting for the long anticipated 'thud' of the dummy on the mattress!

Have you thought about taking her dummy away when she's asleep.. So it doesn't have a chance to fall out?

I dont have this problem as Caitlyn can sleep without her dummy, just uses it to get her to sleep. Hope she sleeps better soon hun :hugs:

Have you thought about taking her dummy away when she's asleep.. So it doesn't have a chance to fall out?

i have tried this, its not the dummy falling out that is waking her, she will only have move or stir slightly for her to realise its not in then when she will wake up properly until i put it in, sometimes tho she doesnt even open her eyes she will just cry for it thats why she cant find it herself. i just cant win either way!

I've never experienced it because my moo won't take one but maybe if you take it away completely, after a few nights she will learn to self-soothe?

yeh im beginning to think that taking it away is the only option now as ive tried everything else, its just so hard as she will scream and scream and scream for it, until she chokes herself. she is so dependent on it, need to think of a way of gradually doing it? thanks for advice xx

:hugs:

It's gonna be tough for a few night if you take it away but she will get used to it and it may be better in the long-run.
Lola sleeps with her dummy but most nights I make sure to take it from her when she's asleep to get her used to sleeping without it.

You could try putting something nasty tasting on the dummy to turn her off it? My oh's mum had to do that, I think she used mustard and it worked.

Sorry you have to go through this, although even though Jasmine sleeps through I am still awake haha... I would love to go to sleep and not wake up until mornign.

I've never experienced it because my moo won't take one but maybe if you take it away completely, after a few nights she will learn to self-soothe?
Wow when did you start calling your Caitlyn Moo as well!

Answering original poster

We put an extra dummy in her cot seems to work most times :D I've never liked the ideas of the dummy clips when they are asleep.

i had the exact problem hun , in the end i took it away .. been 2 weeks now and he finally doesnt need me during the night .. he will soothe himself :D , i will be honest with you it was REALLY hard the first week felt like giving up but i niver gave in and its paid off pritty well :D i would advise it xx

My son is 2 in march and as only slept thru approx last 5 wks since we ditched the dummy x

Ooh hun i know exactly how u feel, we had this with dylan, although he stopped waking for a feed he would still wake up 10+ times a night for his dummy falling out.
I got so exausted that i ended up crying to my HV about it and she told me to throw out all the dummies in the house and just make him go cold turkey!
She said it would be a difficult week but worth it in the long run.
The 1st night he screamed for about 20 mins but i couldnt give in as id thrown them all away!!
The 2nd and 3rd night he screamed for about 10 mins but by the 4th night he just whinged a bit for a few mins and fell asleep!!!

It does take perserverance for that 1st week but honestly it is so worth it in the long run.
Luckily this time round Harry wont take a dummy!!!
Good luck hun xx :hugs:

thanks all, i was too scared to try it last night, when we did try it once summer screamed for an hour solid until she could barely keep her eyes open, then i gave in as i felt awful, if i hadnt of given her the she would have carried on, i can deal with 20 mins of cryin but an hour!

how was you LO during in the day with naps, with out the dummy?

He just got used to self comforting, he would whinge himself off at first but then evantually he just went off without the whinging or crying, its a crul to be kind thing i think!! Its hard at 1st but honestly it does get better and its worth it hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->