Is it likely to get pregnant in your first month of trying off the pill?

Rosered

Reaction score
Hello Ladies

I am trying to conceive my first. I came off Microgynon 30 (anyone else had any experience coming off this) and had my withdrawl bleed almost two weeks ago. I have felt fine with no real side affects.

I have started trying straight away. Does anyone get pregnant in their first month of trying off the pill?

Anyone else going through the same? Coming off the pill and thinking 'WHENNN'

yes i got pregnant first month after coming off the pill but now wish i had waited so my body had chance to get back to normal as i miscarried at 13 weeks, not saying it was coming off the pill and not waiting that caused it though

Im very sorry for your loss. My doctor said its fine to try straight away, but I've heard others says its better to wait until your hormones regulate.

I'd love to fall pregnant straight away.

i got pregnant when first comming off the pill i had my widthdrawl bleed and then got pregnant staight away, i miscarried at 6 weeks, this time i wanted to wait for one cycle which was 56 days!!

i fell pregnant with my son 2 weeks after coming off the pill. was on it 3 yrs. it is possible but uncommon in 'most' cases.

yeah i think it depends on how long you are on it for,
and i think it is common to fall when coming off the pill but prehaps umcommon for it to be a viable pregnancy as your body needs to regulate and learn how to do things on its own

I've been on it maybe two and a half years. My periods were always regular. Are they likely to return regular?

I'm in the same situation! I came of Ortho Tri Cyclin Lo. I stopped mid pack, got my withdrawal bleeding for about a week and now I'm playing the waiting game. AF should arrive this weekend if I'm not pregnant (also depends since this is my first month off BC).

Also, I hope I get my BFP this month, too :)

I was on microgynon 30 for 5 years which i stopped last june and i only started having a normal cycle in feb, I'm finally starting to get a feel for my cycles are like and trying to judge when i ovulate. It was a really stressful time the waiting to see if you body normalises quickily or not. But i am glad now I have fallen back into my 28day cycle

I haven't heard anything that would suggest that women have a greater chance of miscarriage the first cycle after quitting the pill. Doctors like for women to wait a cycle, but that's because the due date is easier to calculate. It's also easier to distinguish pill withdrawal symptoms from pregnancy symptoms, as well as to calculate cycles and ovulation.

You can get pregnant the first cycle, but I would say that this is the exception to the rule. Many women have to wait a little while to ovulate after coming off of the pill. This is normal and should regulate within a few months.

That being said, I am very sorry to hear of the losses on this thread. Wishing everyone luck and bfps in the very near future! :hugs: :dust:

Just thought I'd chime in...two of my friends got pg first month of the pill, so yup it's possible! Both have beautiful little girls.

I did (currently 33+4 weeks).

That being said - it isn't "likely" to happen (moreso than not), the odds are "ok" but it is much more common to take several cycles - that's for a normal healthy woman.

Thanks guys

Its almost overwhelming waiting/wondering, not knowing if theirs a baby in there!

I read that you have a twenty percent chance every ovulation cycle...I just hope my period shows up this month, at least then I know its starting to get back to normal. Or it doesnt show up and im pregnant!

It depends on what you mean by "first cycle after the pill" and when women stop it.
Women who take their pill all the way till the last pill, then get withdrawl bleed are unlikely to get pregnant on their first cycle because the uterine lining needs to build up again and they need to start producing EWCM first and balance the pH of the vagina. Even if they did get pregnant, their uterine lining is not thick enough yet (needs to be 8mm min) and they have higher risks of MC.
Women who take their pill (estrogen) and stop HALFWAY without taking the last pill, can get pregnant within a week after stopping. Many IVF patients going for infertility treatments take BCP this way to GET PREGNANT.
But I would advice you to take one cycle of rest, allow your body to rebuild the uterine lining before starting to get pregnant or else you might get disappointed when it ends as a MC/CP.

is it very possible....my friend was on the pill for 9 yrs!!! came off it and conceived within couple of wks....never even got her period !! shes now 6mths preg :)

gl x

I was just about to type Camerashy that I was also on it for 9 years like your friend! but it took me 1 year to conceive my son.

Shows that everyone is different, try not to worry hun :)

Sending baby dust!!! :dust:

I fell pregnant with my son whilst on Microgynon 30! I was religious about taking it, no mistakes or illness... guess someone's got to be in the tiny %!

Then went back on it for 6 years until coming off it Dec 08 to TTC my daughter and fell pregnant on second cycle.

Everyone is different hun! Hope it's not long for you. xx :flower:

Hi,

I have been on tryphasil for 7 years, left the pill in September, had bleeding for a few days. 28 Days later had a normal period. I got pregnant 5 months later.

i think it all depands on your body!! So good luck!!

And sorry o hear about all the losses.

How long would it take to start getting symptoms after ovulation...Im new to this...Im not sure how it works!

I was feeling faint a lot today but I think thats just the pill getting out my system.

It depends on what you mean by "first cycle after the pill" and when women stop it.
Women who take their pill all the way till the last pill, then get withdrawl bleed are unlikely to get pregnant on their first cycle because the uterine lining needs to build up again and they need to start producing EWCM first and balance the pH of the vagina. Even if they did get pregnant, their uterine lining is not thick enough yet (needs to be 8mm min) and they have higher risks of MC.
Women who take their pill (estrogen) and stop HALFWAY without taking the last pill, can get pregnant within a week after stopping. Many IVF patients going for infertility treatments take BCP this way to GET PREGNANT.
But I would advice you to take one cycle of rest, allow your body to rebuild the uterine lining before starting to get pregnant or else you might get disappointed when it ends as a MC/CP.

A lot of doctors' suggestions that I've read state that they prefer women to complete a full cycle of bcp before TTC. They say that it takes the hormones less time to adjust this way and can help ensure more regular cycles sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->