Is it likely to get pregnant in your first month of trying off the pill?

I came off the same pill in December and my periods have been all over the place, average 55 dys! But when I was 19 fell pregnant in first month with my daughter!!xx

I came off micrognon 30 at the end of feb and had my withdrawal bleed. Then had a 35day cycle but have no idea whether i O'ed or not. I am no on cd14 and was not going to use OPK's. but gave in today and brought some even though I know I may have missed it this month. I have been having horrible symptoms coming off of it though.

Baby dust to all. xxx

My sister in law came off the pill the end of July and conceived labor day (the beginning of september). One month off the pill TTC #2!

Lucky B*tch!!! :rofl:

Good luck!!!

Thank you. Its like once you decide. Its 'I just wanna be pregnant already' Its weird how terrified I used to be of getting pregnant when I was younger. And now Im realising how tricky it is to actually get pregnant.

Gah I think I spoke too soon about no side affects. I feel majorly emotional!

Im starting to feel really impatient about it all. Knowing it could take six months, a year...why cant it be easier??

I know I shouldnt stress im just so excited

this is my second cycle off the pill and i am starting to get serious about trying i dont think i could handle ttc as long as some of the wonderful ladies on here, i hope that i am now ovulating as i did not ovulate last cycle and had a 57 day cycle

I fell pregnant whilst I was taking my pill (Microgynon 30) and at around the same time 2 of my friends on the same pill also concieved and we all took it religiously and had nothing to suggest it wouldn't be effective as birth control as it had been for the years we had all been on it! Since having my son I went onto dianette which I stopped taking in September when we decided to possibly start ttc. My periods have been pretty regular since sept with a 30-32 day cycle but this is our first month of active ttc monitoring cm and using opks so we'll see :) hope you get your bfp soon x

i was on the same pill and with 2 boys got preg after 6 weeks and 1 while on the same pill so yes it's poss hope everything goes great for you :hugs:

Thank you. Im trying not to stress because that will make it harder but its just sitting there wondering if there is a little bean in there :)

It is possible; my friend is currently 8 months and she fell pregnant after just 1 month off the pill...having been on it for about 14yrs. She's also 32 and her DB is 35 so it can happen! Needless to say her DB is ever so proud of his "super-sperm"! xx

I just dont want to be dissapointed every month, especially when the OH gets their hopes up!

I just dont want to be dissapointed every month, especially when the OH gets their hopes up!

Hi, are you doing anything like charting or OPKs to increase your chances of conceiving? It might quicken things up a bit! Good luck!

Hi i was on the pill six years, i came off it and then had my withdrawl bleed and then a 'proper' period 36 days later. I then concieved the next cycle and got my :bfp: yesterday :) I was very worried that it would take my body ages to get back to normal but luckily it didn't so just dont give up hope hun :) xx

Hi i was on the pill six years, i came off it and then had my withdrawl bleed and then a 'proper' period 36 days later. I then concieved the next cycle and got my :bfp: yesterday :) I was very worried that it would take my body ages to get back to normal but luckily it didn't so just dont give up hope hun :) xx

thanks for this bit of hope. Did you chart or use OPKs at all or just go with it. I have been off the pill 6 weeks and already feels like a life time xxxx

Congratulations!!!!

But its kinda freaky!! Cause I Think its the SAME thing with me!
I also had a Proper period exactly 36 days later!
And conceive as well next cycle on CD 15! Your little baby didn't happen to be conceive on April 15th? Else we could both happen to have the same delivery date!!!! :happydance::happydance:

I havent really thought about using any of that kind of thing. I just want it to 'happen' as naturally as possible. But, Im getting tempted!

I think if you want to let is happen naturally and as fast as possible, then its about doing it every 2-3 days in the month if you are not sure when you ovulate.
But for many women here and their busy OHs, doing it during ovulation week or a day or two before ovulation is rather effective enough..
Myself - I ovulated day 23 after coming off the pill. then this month, I ovulated day 16, which is 7 days earlier than last month.
So without my monitor and OPK, I think I would have definitely missed my fertile week.
Good luck and :dust: to you!

thanks for this bit of hope. Did you chart or use OPKs at all or just go with it. I have been off the pill 6 weeks and already feels like a life time xxxx[/QUOTE]

I did a few opks but really we just did a LOT of BDing lol alomost every day just to make sure we caught it :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->