Is it possible I'm pregnant with BFN at 10DPO?

Armywife

Mummy to 2 beauties
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

If this is in the wrong forum, I apologise. It's a bit of a strange situation so I couldn't decide where I should post! I've not been on here for a long time but I need help and I'm hoping someone here can advise me. I have 4 children and was sterilised at my last c section. My periods have been super regular since then, every 4th Saturday, in the morning, AF arrives, this has been without fail for over 2 years. This month I'm 4 days late, have lower abdominal pains (stabby type pains but not unbearable), exhaustion, sore boobs, metallic taste, basically every pregnancy symptom going. I did a test this morning and bfn (I thought I could see a slight line but no one else can so I'm thinking I have line-eye). Obviously I'm not charting or anything but going by cm, I'd guess I ovulated around May 6/7th & would have been due AF on May 13th.

Basically, why I'm asking is, is it possible that because I ov late (as I always do) I may be pregnant but not getting bfp yet? I know that sterilisation at c section has a higher failure rate so I guess it's possible. I'm so stressed out :cry: I'd be thrilled if I were pregnant, but this limbo is awful! I'd be so grateful for any advice.

10dpo is way early (only 20% ) chance of bfp. For best results 13-15dpo are the best test days.
Anything is possible.

Thank you for replying. They did warn me after that it was difficult to perform the sterilisation as I had lots of scar tissue so the chance of failure was increased by a fair percentage. If I'm not pregnant, I'll be ok about it but I'll be over the moon if I am.

It's so confusing with the tests going by when your af is due, I assumed it would show no matter when I ov'd, but I knew someone here would be able to advise me!

Yeah, most hpt are most accurate at 14-15dpo as that is the first day of missed period range.

Keep us updated! I tested at 8dpo which I shouldn't have! Last time I was pregnant in 2013 I had a faint positive at 10dpo.. I'm trying my hardest to resist to test! :wacko:

In case this helps someone reading later, I just got a very faint bfp today at 13 dpo, after testing obsessively every day since 8 dpo. With my first pregnancy I got an extremely faint line at 9 dpo (and my beta HCG was only 7 on 10 dpo), but I'm told that FRER's are less sensitive than they used to be.

I tested at 7dpo,8dpo and 9dpo. I'm resisting the urge to test today but I heard that it also depends whether you're having a boy or girl or even twins. Twins and girls have higher hcg count than boys. My DD, I got a BFP(faint) at 9dpo.

I think your HCG level just varies per pregnancy. I've only had one pregnancy, but it was a girl and I didn't even get faint lines until 13dpo, and even then I missed it! I didn't actually see it within the timeframe until 17dpo!

I hope you've gotten a definite answer by now!

Yeah I'm pretty sure the sex thing is a myth. HCG is caused by your placenta and can vary wildly from pregnancy to pregnancy. Generally twins produce more hcg but not always.

Wishing you luck, my positive tests have come at 16 and 19dpo, such an awful wait since i always start testing early.

Thanks everyone for pointing out that it varies from pregnancy to pregnancy. With my son I didn't test until 14dpo, got a standard darkness BFP. Now I'm late and only getting negatives. Good to know it's *possible* I'm not out yet!

As they say, you're not out until AF shows! Good luck bun! How late are you? And are you using FRER?

Thanks! I thought I am 17 DPO / three days late (but not certain, wasn't testing but going off of symptoms that have been reliable before). However now I'm just going off of total cycle length. On CD31 now, which is the longest I've seen in a while. And no, all I've used so far is Dollar Tree and the Walmart cheapie brand. They worked fine for me last time...

I haven't heard bad things about either of those test, so hopefully they'll be reliable for you! FRER are so expensive... Especially considering they've given so many people false positives, evaps, and seem to be less sensitive now.

Fx you'll get your bfp soon!

Hey bun. I am in similar situation. Bfn sat and this afternoon. Currently Cd31 although I am not wondering if I counted one day too early due to spotting. And I think about 16dpo. Just gonna wait a few more days. If af doesn't Arrive I will try another test!

Slowloris, I wish you luck in waiting a couple days! I've already tested twice today. I just want an answer!

Me too! But I don't like seeing the answer I don't want!
Still nothing this morning. Lets see how the day goes. Good luck!

Best of luck to both of you! I know hard that waiting is. It's torture!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->