is it safe to take the pill everyday?

AP

Reaction score
i am guilty of skipping the weeks break in pill packets and just continuing a new pack. Is it ok? im on mycrogynon/ovarnette

I think it's ok aslong as you don't do it to often, I used to do it on the microgyn 30 (SP), and didn't have any problems.

I think its ok to do it every now and then, but they dont advise to do it on a regular basis :flower:

Is it so that you dont have AF? I am now on the mini pill cerazette and have been told that for alot of women it stops their AF, so might be worth speakin to your GP about changing :shrug:

My GP told me it was ok to do as long as you give yourself a little break every now and then. I was on mycrogynon too, and had heavy periods which were are (pardon the pun!) bloody pain! I used to take three packs in a row, so just had four 'periods' a year :)

I don't see what it would hurt. There are actually types of birth control out there that don't let you have a period or only gives you a period every 3 months.

What I've been doing is taking a few in a row and then letting my body rest. I have done it for a while now, before I TTC and after LO, but I should really have spoke up before.

I was advised by my GP to do it when i was having trouble with my periods hun, if i remember rightly he said 2 or 3 packets in a row was ok but then to rest after that.

I was advised to do it at 3months intervals to have a break x

I used to do 3 months then have a break, Doc said it was fine to do and there is no need to do it every month.

I used to be on mycrogynon and had headaches when I stopped taking it for the 7 day break. My doctor actually advised me to take 2 packs back to back and then have a break so that i only got the headaches every other pack! doh!

I'm now on cerazette (mini pill) which you have to take everyday anyway, and before i was pregnant i never had any bleeds on this.

I have never done more than 3 packets in a row. I normally do it over the summer months lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->