Is it safe????

Christine33

Reaction score
we are moving to a gorgeous house:happydance: in one of the best areas of Aberdeen....

there is lots of work to be done though, so my question is: is it safe to paint when you are pregnant? I am not sure! i am on holiday from work now for the next 2 weeks so want to get started on our house but i am not sure if i should paint or not...does anyone know? thanks.

Hi

Personally I would look for none toxic paints (they do exist) and make sure the room that you are painting is very well ventilated (and well ventilated for the next few days as it dries).

Congratulations on your new house! :cloud9:

QT

thank you! i am so chuffed about our house! it's secondary school is rated as 2nd best in the whole of scotland and it has a great primary school too. got to think of these things when you have children!

Its possible (lots of people paint their nurseries for example) but I would make sure the room and surrounding rooms are well ventilated to make sure the fumes can easily get out through plenty of open windows and doors and I would only do one room at a time so you dont have a big build up of fumes and take lots of breaks outside.

Ah iv just moved. and spend 2 weeks painting. i was sick a couple of times. but part from that everything seems fine. but as the other said.. make sure you have windows and doors open :) xx

I recently painted our Nursery, and the paint was just a normal crown once paint and didn’t smell etc however the gloss did, really glad i did the room early rather than waiting until baby was nearly here.

I would be carefully with gloss but just check the tin of paint before using. And as QTPie said make sure the room is well ventilated.

Also be careful not to over do it. Otherwise you will pay for it later. My back is in agony today not sure if its doing too much or just pregnancy but seriously if you can avoid staining please do.

Hope you have a great time living in Aberdeen; I work here in a school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->