is it safe?

klouise1993

Reaction score
Basically this may seem like a stupid question to be honest but for years and years I've always had to fall asleep on my front simply because I'm big busted and it's the only way I can control them if you like lol, obviously being in my first trimester it's still quite comfortable just wondering is it safe to be honest as I know I won't be able to do it for too much longer when it starts to become uncomfortable but at the moment it's the only way I find comfort to sleep? Xxx

I'm the same, a tummy sleeper as a rule but currently 8 months pregnant so not at the moment! I've read that it's perfectly safe to sleep on your front for as long as it is comfortable to do so. This is my second baby and both times the transition from front to side happened so gradually that I didn't notice - your body will let you know when you need to alter position. :)

I prefer sleeping on my front as well. As long as it is still comfortable it is safe, the baby is well protected by your pelvic bone early on. As time goes by it will get uncomfortable and you will have to make adjustments. I sleep half on my side half on my front with my one leg up with a pillow or a blanket under it to lift it. I have been sleeping like this for a while now. My boy is big enough to let me know if he doesn't approve of my exact position (he kicks like crazy if he doesn't like it) and he doesn't seem to have any issue with it like he does with some other laying/sitting positions.

I have no control over how I sleep, I move around so even if I go to sleep on my side I roll onto my front, I think as long as your comfortable then it's ok.

I agree with others, I believe it is safe. I am sure it would be "safe" all through pregnancy but very uncomfortable. lol

I am learning to sleep on my side so I am practicing now to get used to it.

In case you hadn't heard they say that it is best to sleep on your left side rather than the right.

im a side sleeper and i heard its not a terrible thing to sleep on the belly but itll be very uncomfortable, much so that you'll end up switching positions before it ever harms the baby. and yes, its very weird and uncomfortable... i have a good sized bump right now and its hard enough to switch positions... i always end up halfway on my side and halfway on my back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->