Is there more that 1??

RachelH

Reaction score
I had my first scan yesterday and the nurse confirmed Im 9 weeks and 2 days rather than 10 weeks and 2 days that I thought.

She said she can see 1 baby but after getting home and looking at the picture more closely I can see the shape of what looks like another smaller baby next to it. A few of my friends and family have also mentioned that there looks to be more than 1 baby before I have said anything to them.

What do you think?

Attachments

• baby2.jpg
    baby2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 225
Oh wow...I can see what you are talking about. It does like it could be two babies. How strange that she wouldnt pick up on that when doing your scan.:wacko:

Interesting. I definately see what your talking about, but for me, even at 9wks, when the US tech got one of my babies on the screen, the other one was almost invisible. I have a couple of scans where the second baby looks squished because of the angle of the probe I guess, but then she moves the probe and the other baby pops up. The only time they were able to get both on the screen easily at the same time was about 7-8wks. Now when one is on the screen, I am lucky to see a leg of the other or head or something in the distance. I would definately call and see what they say. Cool!!

I am also seeing what makes you think there might be two in there. I would sure want to know as soon as possible. I would definately be in contact with them to sort it out, even though I would think the tech would have said something if there could be two babies in your tummy.

Keep us informed of what you find out. I sure am curious to know!

i can see it too! I would call them and ask them to do another scan!!

This is so cute :) Congrats!

I see it too, like the others said give them a ring :)

I think im the only one who cant see it... but that doesnt mean its not there LOL.... I guess I would call and enquire too!

I can see it too! Does look like there might be something else?! I would definitly give them a call and get it double checked.

x

Thanks girls at least Im not just seeing things.
I have a booking in appointment on 11th Jan so I will have a word with my midwife then I think.
My hubby says Im daft and that is probably just my stomach with some food in or something like that, he always has to be the sensible one:blush:

Il keep you all updated.

Merry christmas to you all for tomorrow xxxx

I can see something....but if its that obvious to us mere untrained Internet folk...surely an ultra sound technician would have picked it up?

Is it only me that can see a face outline, 2 eyes nose and mouth?

With ds we had a scan where he was face on and looked just like that!

Ok..Go to my profile, and I have an ultrasound pic that's there, and I was just over 9 weeks...Clearly, there are two there..You're looks so similar! I would ask for a rescan! Let me know what you think.

I had almost exactly the same thing but the other "shadow" was a subchronic haematoma. I think she would have picked up the heart beat if you are 9 weeks plus. I had a friend look at my scan who is a consultant radiologist and the lack of hb was the big clue.

If you are in any doubt though go back for another scan. I did and asked them to use the heart monitor Good luck. XX

^ That is exactly what I was thinking too... there definately is a shadow, but at 9 weeks plus the baby is certainly developed enough for a HB, I went at 8 weeks with Jasmine and she was jumping around in there like a little bean, no doubt there was a baby LOL

I do agree with what you are saying, If we can see something then surley the scanner would have seen it too.

mamato2more our pictures are very similar, Im definatly going to ask a pro to take a look once christmas and new year is over just to be on the safe side. I just want to know what it is Im curious now.

Will keep you all updated xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->